The Woman in Red

Only You

Thanksgiving came and went with no complications and Christmas Eve arrived in the blink of an eye bringing with it thick blankets of swirling snow. The white powder lay thick compacted on the ground and the station remained nearly deserted. Forrest spent much of his time in his office or off on runs seeing as moonshine sales are really what kept them alive through the winter, seeing as people wouldn’t dare travel in this kind of weather.

As for myself, I spent my days baking sweets and making ciders. Forrest even allowed me to decorate the station; the garland and large red bows were placed strategically around giving the area a warm, festive glow. Howard and Jack had even cut down a pine tree and set it up in the back of the open room of the station. Jack’s reaction was well worth it as he helped me wrap the beads and old ornaments around the prickly limbs. His eyes shone bright and a toothy grin took up most of his face. I couldn’t help but notice how Forrest observed from the corner his broad frame reclined against the wall arms crossed nursing a steaming mug of coffee the slightest evidence of a smirk on his lips.

“We haven’t had a tree since ma and daddy passed away” he declared threading the needle through the piece of popcorn. At this proclamation I paused. Again I felt foolish, the months I had been here I hadn’t bothered to ask about Mrs. June or Mr. Gerard. It pained me to know they had passed both having been the best of people; caring, compassionate, hardworking Christians.

As Christmas Eve wound down and Jack hurried off to bed reminding me too much of a young child I shook my head and cleaned up the remnants of supper. Howard had returned back to the farm earlier claiming he would be back in the morning for my famous Christmas breakfast. Just as I had washed and dried the last dish I dimmed the candles and turned to head to bed myself. I nearly jumped out of my skin seeing the lurking figure beside the steps.

“Jesus Forrest” I placed my hand on my chest, it rising and falling rapidly with each shaky breath “You scared me!”

He didn’t say anything just simply unfolded his crossed arms and placed both on my shoulders. He stared at me for a long time, emotions conflicting in his eyes before he finally pulled me to him. Wrapping his arms around me to hold me in place against his chest, my face buried in his in the red flannel of his shirt and wool cardigan. He released a deep breath before whispering..

“Thank you.”

My brows furrowed “For what?”

He pulled me back just enough to look me in the eye “You made us a family ‘gain.”
I smiled softly and leaned in to kiss the corner of his mouth before retreating upstairs.

The next morning I was up early again bustling around the kitchen. I was excited and earnest to continue on the tradition my mama had instilled in me. As I finished, I smiled with pride at my creation. The biscuits had a glowing, golden, brown hue and the sides resembled fluffy clouds as I placed three or so to a place I drizzled the homemade chocolate glaze over top. The boys bustled down the steps and Jack jumped out first eyes scanning everywhere. A gently snow was falling swiftly outside and the tree was lit with glittering ornaments that twinkled off the daylight.

“Holy hell! Forrest! Howard! We got presents!” Jack bellowed giddily, diving for the wrapped packages that were nestled under the tree.

“Ah ah!” I scolded. “Later!”

Jack pouted and retreated from under the tree like a kicked puppy. I gave each of the boys their plate and Howard’s face brightened considerably at the sight of the chocolate covered biscuits. He raised his bloodshot, glassy eyes to meet my gaze shoveling mouthfuls into the awaiting gaping hole.

I ate silently enjoying the morning and the soft Christmas music drifting from the radio casual conversation began between the three brothers and I joined in occasionally. We talked of old memories, with friends and family. I caught Forrest’s eye as he was laughing. I noted the twinkling that was enhanced with is gleeful expression of the old memory when a pang of pain struck my chest.
I then realized I could have had this all along, this could have been my life.

The rest of the day I stayed in the kitchen preparing the large supper for that night. I noted as I prepared the bird and ham this would be my first Christmas in over a decade without Floyd. I missed him terribly. Hours flew by in the kitchen as seasonings and ingredients met and mixed and right at seven I declared it done.

We again rejoined at the table and clasped hands around the table. Jack insisting we pray since it was Christmas, Forrest started bowing his head and closing his eyes.

“Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for another day you’ve blessed us with. We ‘preciate this meal Fancy made for us may it meet the needs of our body. Lord we ask you bless us with another bountiful year in the fields this upcoming year and..” the pause made me peak from under my eyelashes and I jumped slightly for my eyes might instantly with Forrests. “and Lord we thank ya for family and for Fancy. You only know what we’d do without her, she’s been a true blessing to us. We pray in your name to bless her and keep her. Amen.”

“Amen!” Howard and Jack repeated enthusiastically before digging in. I wiped at the tears that had pricked my eyes and dug in to my meal like the boys had done without hesitation. My blue orbs kept meeting Forrests stormy hazel ones before they flicked over to his brothers again and again. Once we finished our meal and boys showered me with praise over a fantastic dinner I sat the boys around the glowing tree for presents.

Each of the three gawked over their gifts. Each received a thick, durable winter jacket and a few shirts and two other gifts. Jack received a new hat and stash of high class candy from Chicago. Howard a tall bottle of aged whisky and his own personal bundle of homemade sweets, although I knew it was wrong to feed Howard’s addiction there wasn’t much else I could think to get him. Forrest stared down at his thick jacket fingering the thick material holding it upright to the light a metal object fell into his lap.

His interest peaked, Forrest laid the jacket down and picked up the metal . He fingered it curiously before looking up at me.

“Here” I scooted closer taking the brass knuckles from him “They fit on your hand like this.”

The brass slid across his skin smoothly and came to rest over the scarred knuckles . “Cause more damage to the other person than to you.”

He looked at the weapon now with an all new sense of understanding before giving me an appreciative nod his eyes gleaming. The night dwindled to a close shortly after that the four of us made quick work of cleaning up before everyone turned in for the night. As I put away the last of the untouched sweets I turned off the lights behind the bar and headed for the stairs. Just as I reached the first one I heard the creak of a door. Forrest stepped out of his office and immediately caught eyes with me.

I gave him a soft smile “Night Forrest.” Before I could take another step Forrest gently grabbed my wrist.

“I cant believe you did all that for us Fancy.”

I shrugged my shoulders “It was nothing. Just gave the list to Gummy when he was here and he brought it back last visit. I wanted to get yall something. “

“Not just the gifts. Everything the food the decorations. Well” Forrest looked down and shuffled his weight from one side to the other. “I got you something too. You’ll probably think its stupid and that I’m a fucking idiot for doing it hell you might not even want it anymore but..” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace letting it dangle from his fingers.

I clasped my hand over my mouth in shock. The arrowhead stared back at me flawlessly reconstructed. Tears brimmed my eyes.

“Oh Forrest.”

“I uh found it in your room. Was looking for your scarf like you asked me to and came across it the chain was snapped in two…”

“Momma tore it from my neck that day I left.” I whispered as he handed it to me I instantly reached behind me and clasped it around my neck allowing the arrowhead fall directly between my breast.

“Now its back where it belongs.”

“Say uh” Forrest trailed tearing his eyes away from the necklace “Its supposed to get real cold tonight. If you uh need some extra blankets or sumthin’ you know where I am.”

Leaning forward I pressed my lips on the corner of Forrest’s lips, lingering slightly loner than I probably should. “Thank you”

I changed into my favorite night gown a burgundy number with delicate lace covering my breast and v-ing off to my abdomen to the knee length ghostly chiffon. I released my hair and gently raked my fingers through the curls. As I examined myself in the mirror I turned to the desk and pulled out the old bottle of perfume from the old cabin. The perfume daddy had bought me. A little less than a drop was left and I contemplated using it but as I released the stopper and the sweet musky smell filled my nose I knew I had to.

Taking a deep breath to steady myself before tiptoeing to the door. The air was chilly forming goose bumps on my exposed legs as I pushed his door open. His chest rose and fell with each breath and I stepped further inside closing and locking the door in the process. I kneeled down and crawled onto the mattress examining his peaceful face.

So handsome, strong and masculine.

I reached a hand out and gently caressed his unshaven jaw watching as his eyes flew open, full alert.

“Fancy?” He grumbled his voice deeper and thick of sleep causing a heat to form in the pit of my stomach.

“I got cold.” I whispered. Inwardly, I groaned at the terrible excuse but then again he did offer. He rubbed his eyes before leaning on his elbow and holding the sheets open for me in welcome. I curled inside the warm cocoon of blankets and met Forrest’s body with mine. He turned, moving his body over to give me more room when I placed my hand on his bare chest.

“I think I need to be warmer than that.” I whispered my voice betrayed me in confidence hinting at my uncertainty and fear of rejection.

I leaned in closer leaving less than an inch for our lips to touch before looking back into his eyes. He met the rest of the distance and pressed his full lips to mine. Pressing a hand to my back to steady me he sat up, our lips still connected as they played feverishly. Quickly becoming reacquainted hands began to roam searching the exposed flesh. My hands anchored onto his strong broad shoulders as his played on both sides of my body one rubbed soothingly up and down my back the other teasing my breast. Reaching down he gripped my thigh and pulled me across his lap.

We separated momentarily to catch our breath at the new found closeness of our lower halves Forrest’s lips began to trail down my neck in reaction I threw my head back to allow him better access my breathing hitched. My fingers tangled in his hair and held him to me as kisses continued to rain down across my collarbone and neck.

I softly moaned as the scruff of his cheek teased at my breast through the lace. Releasing my skin from his lips Forrest’s fingers gently pulled the thin strap away from my shoulder allowing the lace to fall loose below my breast. Instantly, Forrest’s lips took advantage of the newly found flesh and assaulted it with kisses leaving wet splotches across the sensitive skin, the cool night air hitting the wetness and creating chill bumps across my flustered skin. Arching my back I held Forrest’s head to my chest as he gave each breast its deserved attention.

His fingers played at the chiffon of the gown before yanking it off my body and throwing it to the side. Forrest laid us back against the mattress again flipping us over to reign on top. My hands continued to explore the familiar yet modified surface of Forrest body,quickly finding his boxers on his hips. A solid pressure pushed against the material and into my palm. Gently massaging the form Forrest groaned into my neck. Taking as a sign of encouragement my hand dipped into the shorts and grasped his dick in my hand gently stroking him. Forrest looked at me, his eyes saucy. I took this distraction to flip us over taking Forrest by surprise. I removed his boxers allowing his impressive member to be free.

Continuing my work of rolling my palm against his sensitive skin as I showered his torso with wet kisses. Tired of playing submissive Forrest threw my roughly back into the mattress pinning my wrist above my head he reached between us and ripped my lace underwear away from my form. I yelped in pain at the friction of the lace tearing from my body Forrest placed soothing kisses on the aggravated skin. His finger teased at my entrance. I whimpered softly as the pleasure began to course threw me his thumb rubbing at my clit. Just as I was to reach my end Forrest stopped much to my dismay and pulled away coming to kiss me deeply, the warm velvet of his tongue tanging with mine . He repositioned himself and claimed my lips again before entering my slowly. I cried out softly the sound vibrating into his mouth as he stretched me. I whimpered as he filled me to the hilt and he took a moment to allow me to adjust kissing my neck as he waited.

“Forrest” I gasped.

He took the encouragement and began to thrust gently in and out. I moaned out feeling the pleasure build up again and raised my hips to meet his rhythm. He thrust became harder and faster and I felt myself reaching my high.

“Forrest” I cried softly into the air. He leaned forward covering my body with his warm toned one. His thrusts continuing I stared into his hazel eyes as they held my stare. His grunts came more ragged and my cries of pleasure grew as well. My nails slid down his back to his hips guiding their movements. Forrest’s lips lingered at my neck claiming the skin below my ear, his grunts and moans magnified at the closeness with a feral, possessive growl in my ear I came. Forrest followed soon after.

Forrest held my close under the tangled mess of blankets, my head resting in the nook of his neck and shoulder. His left arm was wrapped around my waist holding me in place his fingers casually dragging up and down my spine his right hand was holding mine resting on his chest. As we basked in the afterglow of our love making I couldn’t help the smile on my face.

“You’ve always been the one I wanted to share this with” I whispered into the dark allowing my nail to scratch down his jaw softly “Only you.” Suddenly feeling sentimental and closer to Forrest than I had in a long time I continued. “Any other man I would pretend was you, but it just wasn’t right. My first few clients “ I shook my head pausing tears slipping through as I closed my eyes. I cringed the ghost of former client, their hands grasping and groping my body. “I cried the entire time. Then I learned to control it until they had left then I’ld cry the whole night. I only ever wanted you.”

The muscles in his arm flexed as he pulled me closer and comforted me with a kiss. His fingers holding my chin in place as his lips moved across mine. His kiss washed over me like a rain shower washing away the tainted, dirty fingers of the haunting spirits. This is all I had ever wanted. To be here, with Forrest wrapped in his arms after making love. If I could help it I wasn’t going to let this life slip through my fingers, not again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long update!
Please REC,COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!