Status: just posting this here to see what happens ~

Of the Night

A Prologue of Sorts

If there was one thing I knew for certain, it was that Damon Salvatore was probably the most obnoxious person I had ever met.

I’ve had a lot of time to think about this. There are probably case studies and focus groups about it. I’ve had the whole of my seventeen years on this planet to compile this information, and I think that makes me an expert. I would have called my field Demonology, but it unfortunately already had a negative connotation not associated with the person in question.

There were plenty of people competing against him for the luxury of Most Obnoxious Person Ever. Resting cozily at second place was Niklaus Mikaelson, affectionately dubbed Klaus by the entire student body. It only made sense for Damon and Klaus to be attached at the hip, because being together only enhanced the other’s obnoxious levels to suffocating. It might be considered an art form in some countries.

Third place was Klaus’ sister, Rebekah. She had the unfortunate habit of being related to Klaus, and obnoxiousness seemed to run thicker than blood in their veins. On more than one occasion I had suggested a transfusion, but my efforts were in vain. Her redemption was being one of my best friends, and a damn good one at that.

Fourth and fifth place had a habit of fluctuating. It usually depended on who annoyed me most that day, and they usually tended to be friends with Damon Salvatore. He infected the best people like a disease.

I should probably make it clear at this point that I don’t hate him. Hating someone requires too much energy and I’m not interested in devoting myself to that kind of cause. I greatly dislike him and the way he decides to portray himself. For a number of reasons. Take it a step further and call it a plethora of reasons. What are those reasons, you may ask? Well, there’s something you need to know first.

Key facts about Damon Salvatore:

1) Salvatore was one of the Founding Family names, as well as Gilbert, which means I’ve had the unpleasant experience of dealing with Damon since we were in diapers.

2) He had hair reminiscent of Edgar Allen Poe’s raven, and really, really unfairly blue eyes. Seventeen-year-old Damon was a long way from five year old Damon that used to throw sand at me and hope some got in my eyes. I’d made peace with the fact that he was attractive. It would cause me more unnecessary stress to deny it.

3) Nothing was better known or more talked about in Mystic Falls than the falling out between Damon and his family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the first few chapters of this already written, because I've been posting on another site, (I also know that TVD fan fic isn't that big on here, but it's AU so I'm not sure it matters so much) and I wanted to see if I got any feedback. I kind of love Delena with my whole heart and soul.