Status: Chuggin' along. P.S, comments make mama happy.

Summer Has Come and Passed

ONE

Oakland, California.Summer

There was only a slight breeze as I lounged under the tree, watching its leaves dance and fight against the wind. I leaned my body up against the old beaten up tree, it wasn't the prettiest, but it was my tree. Well ours, me and Billie’s. Speaking of him, he had laid his head, ever so casually, on my middle thigh. Playing about with a strand of grass he just plucked from around the tree.

I looked up just in time to see one of the leaves be blown away, swirling up into the air. Plummeting back down to the ground onto Billie’s hair. I let out a lazy sigh and watched as Billie reached up taking the leaf into his thumb and index finger.

Flicking my nose with it lightly, letting it fall to my lap. I looked from my lap to Billie and he smiled coolly at me while casually placing his hands behind his head, becoming more relaxed as the minutes passed us by.

We sat in silence, however Billie soon spoke up.

"Y’ know they say life is short, they say you wake up one day, and it's gone," Billie said with the same laid back position and same lazy tone, but with seriousness over-coating everything he had just said. “No more anything.” I blinked away my increasing confusion

"Yeah, I guess you could say-" I said, trying to chime in somehow. However Billie leaned himself upright settling himself between my legs, holding onto my shoulders looking me in my eyes, which caused my sentence to shut down.

"I want this moment, this moment right now, this day and my feelings for you, the way I look at you…” He trailed off looking into my eyes searching deep, and suddenly finding it along with my lips, kissing me in a heated and swift motion. He then pulled back abruptly, putting his forehead to mine. His scent and heat still lingering on my lips. I touched my fingers to my mouth as I stared back into his deep, soulful emerald eyes.

He gently placed his hand on my cheek bringing us even closer than we already were.

"...The way that I look at you now, I wanna… what I want is for it to last forever, y’ know,” He blurted out. “Cuz, people grow old, ‘n things change, ’n situations change. And I just wanna always know that we'll always have this moment, right here and now." He pulled my face closer using both his hands, pressing his lips to my forehead forcefully, and looking down at me.

"Promise me." He whispered, making it barely audible.

"What?" I asked.

"Promise me. Promise me we'll always have this moment," He spoke louder, his voice booming over the wind's howling. "I just-- I just want to have this moment forever...with you." He said lowering his voice, which made my heart ache and pound inside.

The only action my brain could function at the moment was to securely wrap my arms around his neck. Almost like a reassuring gesture, as if I was trying to assure him that we would always have this moment. He wrapped his slender arms around my waist, with a strong secure grip as though he understood. I placed my lips by his ear.

"We'll always have this moment, as long as you never leave me." I whispered to him, wrapping my arms tighter around him. He wrapped his arms tighter around me, as if trying to reply to my statement with embrace.

"I'll never leave you."

"Don't leave me."

"I won't." He said kissing the top of my head.

"I love you."

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be fooled. This will not be all rainbows and sunshine. But aren't they just cute? Comment 'n tell me how you feel. Subscribe. Recommend and all that good stuff, please.