Status: Chuggin' along. P.S, comments make mama happy.

Summer Has Come and Passed

NINE II

 

I finally made it to Jade’s house, and front door. Before I could even bring my fist up to knock, the door swung open. I had no time to react as a bag—however it suspiciously looked like a pillow case—was shoved down over my head.

Numerous hands began shoving at me, nearly knocking me off of the porch. I was tossed over the shoulder of someone.

And after a few minutes of struggling to push me into whatever vehicle it was, I was shoved one last time by my forehead and landed flat on my back on the seat.

I sat upright and was shoved over as someone sat beside me. I yanked the pillow case from my head to see a van full of the culprits—Mike, Lisa, Jade, and lastly Billie Joe.

I glared at them, “You’re all dick’s.” I said tossing the pillow case at the back of Mike’s head as he started the van up.

“Happy Birthday.” Jade and Lisa sang.

“Stuff it you two.” I said.

“Aw baby,” Billie cooed from behind me in the backseat.  “Don’t be mad.” he laughed.

“Yeah,” Lisa piped in, flipping her blond hair over her shoulder. “Kidnapping is like the new trend y’know.”

“C,mon” Jade chimed in from the passenger’s seat, she turned her body ‘round and shoved a brown bag into my hand. “It’s party time birthday girl.”

It didn’t take a rocket scientist to decipher what was in the brown paper bag.I glared at them all once again, not the least bit serious though.

I jolted forward a bit when the back of my seat was kicked.I turned around to look at a grinning Billie who snatched the bag from my hand and took a drink from the bottle. Then shoving it right back into my clutches. “Drink up.”

“I hate you.” I said to him, a slow smile at the edge of my mouth.

He causally leaned over my seat and kissed me smack dab on the lips. “I know. Now drink up for your special day.”

“You all really know how to wow a girl.” I snorted rolling my eyes.

Drink it!”

Take a sippp!”

Drink! Drink! Drink!

They all shouted at me at different times I yelled for them to shut-up as I finally took a long swig from the bottle. It was most definitely beer. I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my shirt. Obviously pleased with my alcohol consumption, they all cheered and whistled as I continued guzzling down more of the 40oz.

Image


 

The remainder of our drive was full of continuous and contagious laughing. Another brown paper bag had appeared. And just as the 1st, made its way around the van.

Over the course of our little bumpy trip, I myself found the beauty in it. Riding past Rodeo Beach during the time of sunset, was something truly incredible and just beautiful.

Watching the transformation of the sun; from watching it stretch across the surface of the water.Then to go onto see it begin to hide underneath the surface was magical to me. California still never failed to amaze me even after all these years.

Tilting my head to be able to see out of the window beside me, I was able to see the large letters posted on a board high above. The large letters flashed multi-colors, the letters flashing such things as 'Carnival', 'End of Summer Carnival'.

You could hear the chatter and giggles and screams behind the small gate entrance of the carnival. A pair of headlights flashed in front of our car. Car doors slamming were heard along with a giggle escaping from a teenage girl running hand-in-hand with her boyfriend. No need to guess if he was in fact her beau, even in the dark I could see the bright blush plastered across her cheeks.

My eyes were oddly drawn to the couple as they seemed to not stay still as they waited in line. Receiving their tickets, they busted through the tiny gate that kept them from the fun of the current carnival.

“Baby,” a voice chimed in, breaking my thoughts. “—V, Baby you gotta stop spacin’ out on me.”

I turned to look at Billie. “Hm?” I hummed.

He chuckled shaking his head at me. “C’mon we gotta catch up with the others.” He instructed.

I raised an eyebrow. “They left the van already?”

“Yes,” he answered with a nod. “While you were day-dreaming about whatever.”

Slightly embarrassed I gnawed on my bottom lip. “Sorry.” I muttered.

"I think it’s cute,” he grinned pulling me gently from the van, shutting the door closed. “Now move your ass, Mitchell.”

I punched his bicep and we linked hands, running full speed for the gates of the carnival.

Image


 

I was sure I would get diabetes by the end of the night due to all the sugary stuff I had just eaten. And was still eating, now as I held a ridiculously large cotton candy in one hand. While cradling an even more ridiculously sized teddy bear under my arm.

I had assured Billie I didn't need him to win me anything. nor did I say I even wanted one.

But, Billie, infamous for being hardheaded, ignored all of my protests and pursued to win me an over-stuffed animal of some sort.

After Billie had won me a prize he went off in search of more games to play along with Mike. Leaving me to my lonesome, with my teddy bear, which I didn't mind.

Now walking around wandering with said large teddy bear, my eyes glued onto the large circling object to my left.I slid myself into the line watching the various people be spun in a large circle on the Ferris wheel.

Waiting a pretty long time, I was placed inside the small seat-- my new furry friend to the right of me--the bar stretched across my abdomen.

As the wheel began turning I heard uproar of feet banging above my head. Turning my head and looking above me, I could see the troublesome two which were Jade and Lisa.

"Knock it off you two!" I shouted at Jade and Lisa as we started making a full circle.

"Hey V," Lisa laughed. "Want a beer?"

She said as she placed the top of the bottle into her mouth taking a swig as we made another turn. Passing the standing people at the bottom of the Ferris wheel, waiting their turn.

"You managed to bring that on here how?" I asked loudly.

 

“God didn’t give me this rack for nothin’!” she laughed.

“Yeah, well—you and your rack better not be stupid with that bottle.” I shouted at her.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Lisa droned on. “I know what I’m—“

The sound of shattering glass and squealing patrons from down below cut off Lisa.

“Oops.” Jade cackled.

“You idiots,” I said. “You coulda killed someone.”

“It’s only beeer.” Lisa corrected.

“Yeah but it’s a 40oz.”

“Does it really weigh 40 pounds?” Lisa queried, seriously.

“Ounces you nitwit, ounces!” I shouted with a laugh.

“Oops.” Lisa laughed.

Banging feet sounded overhead again. “Hey!” Yelled out Jade. “What’re you guys’ plans when summer ends?”

“The same ol’ same ol’ of course,” I answered. “What else?”

“What’re you and BeeJ’s plans?”

“Like I said: same ol’ same ol’,” I admitted. “We’ve got a good thing goin’ already.”

“Things change.” Lisa now chimed in.

“Not us.” I retorted.

“Well good on ya!”Jade cheered, Lisa joining in as well. “More power to ya.”

I smiled while our Ferris wheel session began to come to an end, clutching onto my new furry friend.

The bar was loosened from my abdomen allowing me to move freely. While trying to grab onto the stuffed animal, a weight was added beside me along with an arm draped over my shoulder. I turned to see Billie placed beside me, cheesing widely while the bar again locked me in the seat.

As the wheel began again, I could see the glaring people placed in the line below. Those glares resting at the back of Billie's head. My eyes moved to his face that was still turned into a grin.

"You can't do that Billie." I laughed while placing myself into his mold.

“The night’s young V,” He said kissing my hair and pulling me closer.  “We can get away with this tonight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love if my birthday was like that.
Oh! I can't wait for chapter 10.
Get ready because that's when we really get to takin' off.
Feedback?
Sub?
Rec?
Yes please.
Bye babes.