Status: Chuggin' along. P.S, comments make mama happy.

Summer Has Come and Passed

FOUR

It was about noon when I had woken up, or at least I had guessed it to be noon since I was still without an alarm clock. Due to the fact that one day, half asleep, I had destroyed it when it sounded off. I really hadn't meant to assault it so badly, but I was basically sleep depraved.

Nonetheless, I was without an alarm clock. It wasn't an exact necessity, especially for Summer. Since no one, and absolutely no one, kept track of the day or time.

I'd only assumed it to have been noon because the current sunlight streaming its way through my blinds wasn't that strong. But strong enough to wake me up. I stayed completely still in my bed, as if I could trick my brain and body that I was still tired. When that eventually failed, I rolled my cover from my body and swung my legs over the side of my bed and stood up.

I stepped toward the window and tugged on the chord of my blinds. Releasing the caged sunlight and allowing it to burst through my room.

I wasn't even able to begin to wipe the sleep from my eyes when there was a knock on my bedroom door. I looked toward my door, readying myself to take the few strides to open it. However my door at that exact moment had swung open revealing my mother on the other side.

I mentally slapped my own self trying to find the logic behind knocking on the door but then entering anyway. I simply walked back to my bed and sat down with one leg beneath me. Waiting for her to say something.

"Vienna, I need to discuss something with you."

"Okay," I said, slightly shifting myself on my bed. "What?"

I watched as she made her way over to my bed, sitting down beside me almost mimicking my movements. She placed her hands on top of mine. "About you and Billie."

I groaned aloud, moving my hands from under hers. "Mom, if this is a sex talk can we please not. I haven't even had breakfast yet." I complained, starting to get off of the bed in an attempt to escape this oncoming topic.

"It's lunchtime now sweetheart," She informed pulling me back down by my arm. "And no, it's certainly not a birds and the bees talk."

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"You two spend an awful amount of time together." She stated.

I nodded. "Yes..?" I was confused and wanted her to get to her point.

"Don't you think a little too much?" She questioned.

"No," I responded sharply. "I don't see anything wrong with me spending my time with Billie."

"I didn't imply that there was anything wrong with it."

"Then what are you implying?" I asked. This whole topic threw me for a total loop because we had never discussed how often I was with Billie. It had never been an issue. Besides, in my opinion I was spending an average amount of time with Billie. Our time together had nothing to do with my mother and was honestly none of her business.

By now, I was already wishing she had wanted to talk to me about sex. The end result would've been a condom and a good laugh.

"What I'm saying is..." She trailed off, obviously trying to find her words, but then continued on to say. "--What I'm trying to say is, don't you have other friends and associates who you could hang out with?"

"I have plenty friends."

"Other activities?"

"I still make time to see Mr. Fredrick for piano lessons, I help Lisa out at the store, and I read almost two books a week among doing other teenage stuff," I retorted, folding my arms. "I've got other things to occupy myself with other than being with BeeJ."

"Sweetheart," she said in a sickeningly sweet manner, sensing my increasingly defensive attitude. "I just think you should try to be around other types of folks than the ones you're used to."

"Why?"

"To branch out," she said gesturing with her arms. "New experiences."

I was so tempted to roll my eyes at her, but I'd get my ass chewed out for it, so I decided against it. "Why?" I repeated my previous question. "I like these experiences I've already got-- and are you sure you're not just talking about my experiences with Billie Joe?" I challenged.

"I know what I meant." She responded back.

"Mom..." I whined childishly. I could easily tell that she was in fact, referring to Billie and I, she was just trying to beat around the bush with it so she wouldn't upset me. However, I was already there.

"V, honey, please don't whine or get upset," She said patting my leg. “I just feel you two are so attached at the hip already, and you're both so young. Don't you think it's a little too serious?"

"No," I stated defiantly. "I don't."

"Vienna," she said with a sigh, slightly shaking her head of blond curls. "It's Summer--"

"Obviously."

"Don't get lippy with me," she ordered, pointing her red polished finger at me. "It's summer, you should be living up your life to the fullest right now. You oughta indulge yourself in summer romances."

"I'm already in a summer romance, ma."

She waved her hand, dismissing what I had just said. "I mean with different young men."

My eyes widened once taking in every word she had said. "W-What?" I stammered; my thoughts were all jumbled together at the moment.

"Vienna--"

I finally launched myself from off of my bed and stood firm on the floor. My arms beginning to shake and then my whole body at once. I just couldn't believe it, I just could not believe. "You want us to breakup?!" I exclaimed loud and wildly. "You want me to breakup with Billie."

She was patting my bed in an attempt to get me seated again, and stop my raging. I on the other hand was not about to sit an inch near her. How could I? I shook my head like a defiant child refusing to take their medicine. I so badly wanted to stomp my foot and yell and scream and throw the world’s largest temper tantrum. I was so upset I could spit.

"Vienna," she said softly. "I'm not trying to break you two apart."

"It sure seems like it." I said, my voice slightly cracking at the end.

"V, sit down," she said sternly, patting the bed once again. "Please."

I sat down obediently, but purposely sat far away from her as I could. "I'm not trying to force you to breakup with him," She started up again. "I'm just trying to show you the possible relevance of a break."

"I don't want to see the relevance of a break, mom. I want Billie-- Billie is what I want," I said slowly, trying my hardest to register that in my mother's mind. "Why can't you understand or accept that?"

"Oh Vienna," She said stroking my hair. "I understand it more than you think, trust me. I just don't think--not at this age, that you ought to be tied down."

"You make it seem as if he's burden to my life." I said, honestly and truthfully.

"I'm not trying to make that kind of impression," She said squeezing my hand, my guess was that it was supposed to be a comforting gesture, it wasn't working. "You're too young to be so serious."

"I'm not 'too young', I’m almost a legal adult," I argued back. "And if memory serves me right, you got married at 19."

"My mistakes have nothing to do with this current situation." She said flatly.

"There is no 'current situation ', ma," I said. "My place is with Billie, I don't wanna date, or associate or anything with anyone else but him."

She shook her head, her curls bouncing all around. She heaved a sigh. "I see you feel strongly about this," she said, and I nodded. "I won't try persuading you to date other people. And just so you know, I do accept you and Bill."

I rolled my eyes, Billie hated being called Bill, and my mom knew it.

"What?" She asked batting her eyelashes.

"Nothing," I huffed out. "Nothing whatsoever--are we done with this whole discussion?" I asked hurriedly, I really wanted out of this conversation no if's and's or but's.

"Sure." She said, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. She stood up and made her way toward my bedroom door, and before leaving, she said, "Just take some time to think about though, o.k?"

She shut my bedroom door after mumbling out and 'I love you'. I let my body hit my bed with a slight thud as I pulled my pillow over my face and let out a yell into it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've seen comments that have said that it'd be very nice to know more about Vienna. Well, don't worry, that'll happen. But, you'll have to learn bit by bit. Isn't that fun.
I seriously just cannot wait til you all read the next few chapters.
I've pre-written quite a lot and just...Gosh. It'll be great.
Poison and blood
WhereMyDemonsHide
Join the Masquerade
Mrs. McCarron
MoonlightMile
domi823
thank you for the comments, I really took a lot of em into consideration.
Recommend. Sub. Comment.