Status: Chuggin' along. P.S, comments make mama happy.

Summer Has Come and Passed

FIVE

My legs carried me down the oh-so-familiar sidewalk; my hands were shoved deep into the pockets of my jeans. My eyes were fixed on my shoes, not even looking directly at them, more-so past them. My legs and feet kept on until I had eventually made the transition from sidewalk, to steps, to porch.

I slipped my hand out of my pocket to knock on the door in front of me in quick and hurried knocks. I was prepared to bring my fist up again to knock, but the door swung open revealing Billie.

Billie was shirtless, scratching his abdomen. His usual somewhat maintained hair was sticking up in every direction imaginable. He cracked his mouth open to yawn and then with his free hand rubbed at his eyes. It was obvious I had caught him while he was sleeping.

Still rubbing his eyes, he grumbled. "Yeah?" Oblivious as to who was on his porch.

"Billie." I said, thinking that the sound of my voice would be enough for him to recognize my presence. He only rubbed sleep from both his eyes and mumbled something incoherent.

"Billie." I repeated.

"Hm." He garbled, still not looking at me.

I rolled my eyes. "BeeJ, I'll just come back later when you're awake enough to know it's me." I turned around on my heels, ready to step off his porch, but a hand on my shoulder stopped me. I turned around to see Billie's eyes wide open, dazzling and vibrant. He was awake now, however I now felt bad for waking him up.

"I didn't mean to wake you up." I frowned.

He chuckled and ran a hand over his messy mane. "It's fine, I wasn't even sleepin' that long." He admitted.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I feel bad about waking you up." He shook his head and leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Trust me, I'm sure," he grinned and moved to the side, allowing me to come in. He walked in behind me shutting his door. "So, what's up babe?"

"I need to ask you something." I stated, sitting down on the couch, eyeing Billie who was stood against a wall across from me.

"And you found it compelling to walk all the way over to tell me?" he questioned, his eyebrow raised. "You're somethin' else--I'll give you that." He grinned.

"Do you think we spend too much time together?" I blurted out.

"What?" He asked pushing himself off the wall walking over to me.

I sighed. "Do you think we...spend too much time together. You 'n me?" I asked again.

"Where is this coming from?"

"My mom's ass."

"I'm being serious here, V," He said. "Do the same."

"I am being serious," I stated. "My mom's the one who brought up yesterday."

"And you waited until today to say something?"

"I was busy thinking about it the whole day." I admitted softly.

He scoffed. "What's there to think about?"

"A lot actually,” I said. "Can you honestly say that we don't spend a substantial amount of time together?"

He shifted on his feet, folding his arms. "I mean, yeah, we spend time together," He said. "That's what people who date do."

"I know that's what couples do, but--"

"What else did she say?" He interjected.

I heaved a sigh as I played with the sleeve of my sweatshirt, averting eye contact. "She said that I should try meeting new people and trying new experiences."

"New experiences?" He repeated.

"Billie--"

"New people?"

"Billie--"

He began pacing around the living room. "I knew she never liked me--I mean, I knew I wasn't her favorite person," He rambled on, completely dismissing me. "But to try and break us up?"

I stood up, quickly cradling his face in my hands, forcing his eyes to meet mine. "She's not trying to do that, o.k--I swear," I said. "Just ignore what she says--I know I do."

"It's not about what she says. It's about what you say. Do you think we're with each other too often?"

"BeeJ, it's not that simp--"

"Do you?" He asked.

I dropped my hands down from his face and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I think we could probably stand to have some time apart."

"So you do agree with her." He said accusingly.

"No," I said. "But, distance does make the heart grow fonder."

"So you think that’s what’s best?"

I chuckled softly and without humor. "I don't know what's best anymore," I admitted. "But, maybe we ought to try a break."

Billie rubbed his face with his hands, a sign he was frustrated but trying to conceal it. I always knew. In my heart I knew there was no known number which could represent the amount of time I could spend with Billie and not grow tired. However, it felt as though taking some time to be apart seemed like the smart and right thing to do. To give each other room to miss one another.

He grabbed hold of my hand tightly, pressing his lips to my knuckles kissing them. He moved his lips but kept hold of my hand. "Do what you thinks’ right."

I nodded and he let go of my hand, I went to the door and opened it. However, before I stepped a foot out, I looked over my shoulder at Billie who was stood smack dab in the living room staring back at me. "It's only a small break."

I nodded in sync with Billie whose face was so unreadable at the time. I nodded once more to myself and stepped from his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. I said I wouldn't update till the end of the week. I'm such a pushover. But. I won't be updating again until....Well. I don't know. So, I guess you'll all have to wait until then to see what happens to these two.
Thank you babies for commenting and subbing and everything.
You guys give me that extra push y'know.
Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.