Status: Chuggin' along. P.S, comments make mama happy.

Summer Has Come and Passed

EIGHT

Today was what Billie described as a 'stress free day'. Meaning he and I would be venturing off to do god-knows-what in an attempt to escape our current stresses and problems. Today would mean a day of just pure bliss.

No parents, no band, just Billie and I. These kind of days were my favorite. And too be quite honest, we deserved this.

We deserved a day to just relish in each other's presence. We needed this. I craved it. I craved to be alone with Billie and just simply get lost in his presence. Lately there had been so many things distracting us. Billie with the band, and I with my mother and school. These things seemed pretty minuscule by themselves, however for us they felt incredibly demanding.

Not to mention the fact I had been working part-time job at the Music Shack with Lisa. I had to reassure Billie that this was purely just a summer job when I accepted the position.

Today was just a refreshing day for the both of us. To enjoy whatever the day had to offer the two of us.

At this very moment my legs were entangled in the jungle like grass Billie and I were walking through. I heard Billie complain at how it was 'fucking up his shoes’. Although his shoes were already scuffed, and he had chosen for us to go this way, I however laughed and found every single one of his complaints hilarious.

We pushed ourselves through the last bit of grass, and I was placed on Billie's back. Wrapping my arms around his neck, and at my current position I was able to see we were located at a murky lake. A somewhat unappealing bluish-green was the color of the surface. I thought to myself the reason why we had came here, but I was answered when I tilted my head upward.

The sun seemed to be placed right on top of the trees that surrounded the lake on the other side. It was as if this was the suns own resting place. I smiled still having my eyes fixed on the sun, placing my chin on Billie's shoulder.

Billie sat us both down, I wrapped my legs secure around his waist as I lay back on the grass.
There was less grass over here for an odd reason I thought as I reached my hand into Billie's pocket. I fumbled my hand around as Billie laughed at my sad attempt, he reached into his pocket with me, he pulled out a pack of cigs.

The very thing I was searching for. I mumbled ‘thanks’ and placed one between my lips as I laid back and lit the cigarette. Inhaling, and then once blowing the smoke out, I loosened my legs from around Billie’s waist.

"Y’know, you could probably pluck any one of these strands of grass, roll it and smoke it." Billie suggested with a devious smirk.

"Don't test me." I laughed once I removed the cigarette from my mouth and outstretched my arm offering it to him.

"You do smoke a lot." He laughed, the smoke cloud escaping from his mouth.

"Look who's talking," I retorted. "Plus, you're the one who got me into it, among other things."

He passed the cigarette back to me. “Are you saying I corrupted you?”

I took a long drag on it. “Absolutely.” I said, blowing my smoke at him. It was all true though, I thought with a laugh. Billie had corrupted me, but in the most beautiful and enjoyable way.

Un-bothered by the smoke, Billie rolled his eyes pulling another cigarette from his pocket, he flicked his lighter on. “You’re full of shit y’know that.”

I grinned cheekily, nodding a ‘yes’. “What’re you doing?” I asked, eyeing his newly lit cig. “We weren’t even done with this one.”

“I don’t wanna share with you anymore.” He said childishly.

I feined a hurt gasp. “Fine then,” I huffed, blowing my smoke out again. “Besides, your big mouth was sucking out all the nicotine anyway.”

“My mouth is normal sized,” He said. “Yours however, is slightly larger—I would know.”

My mouth gaped open, I could literally feel my face turning red.

“Billie!” I screeched, swinging my hand at him,--accidentally--knocking his cigarette out his hand into the grass. I scurried to my feet, and heard as Billie shouted at me as I ran towards the lake; I could hear him groan probably from picking himself up from the grass.

I tossed my own cigarette aside as I screamed flinging myself into the cold lake. I swam myself back to the top of the water just in time to see Billie flop himself into the water. I pulled my head back under the water; I could feel my clothes begin to stick to my body.

My cheeks were puffed out as I held my breath, trying to keep myself under the water as long as I could. I could see the ripples of water as Billie swam overhead; it felt as if I were in a horror movie.
I was running out of oxygen, and began feeling myself become lightheaded, so I burst my head through the surface of the water. I gasped for any and all air that could make its way into my lungs.

I never would’ve thought being tackled while you're in water was possible. I had to remember nothing was impossible when it came to Billie Joe Armstrong.

I was basically at the bottom of the lake from being tackled by Billie. Even through the murky lake water, I could see the bright smirk plastered across Billie's face. I puffed my cheeks out as I proudly gave him the finger as he retreated to the top of the water. I however, stayed.

A few moments passed, and obviously worried about my safety when I hadn't come back to the surface, Billie swam underneath the water again to search for me. Almost like a game of hide-n-seek, but he was losing. I saw him splash around as if he were a young child, waving his arms through the water of the lake.

"Baby, what are you looking for? Lose something?" I questioned, all the way on the other side of the lake, out of the water, ringing my hair out.

"How did you get over there you sneaky little devil you?" He questioned pushing his arms through the water, making his way over towards me.

"Ever heard of the doggy paddle?" I asked.

"Yes, but I've also heard of the doggy sty—“

I splashed a wave of water into his face once I was close enough to the edge to do so. "Quiet you perverted boy." I laughed. He simply wiped the water from his drenched face, sitting himself on the edge.

"You want perverted?" He queried raising his eyebrow, his once curled hair stuck to his forehead. I laughed backing myself away from him.

"No thank you—“

I was cut off by my own squeal when I was picked from the ground cradled in Billie’s arms. I could hear the squish of his shoes each time he took a step, heading back towards the lake. I was at the bottom of the lake yet again when Billie tossed me in the water.

I was again entangled in the murky waters of the lake; a loud splash was heard overhead as Billie flopped himself deep into the water.

Through the deep colors of the water, my eyes were drawn to the pair staring back at me. Emerald eyes belonging to Billie, he swam himself in a circle around me, I did the same. It was as if we were partaking in synchronized swimming—being able to move gracefully around each other in the water without our bodies colliding or tangling themselves together.

However our bodies did tangle themselves together. Along with our lips. We had managed to find each other's lips underneath the dark waters. This in retrospect sounds oh-so-hot, and romantic--an underwater kiss.

But don't be fooled, it's not the brightest idea when you think about it. Filthy and disgusting water gets into your mouth, and it takes away more of your oxygen.

We both pulled away clutching our hands around our throats as we basically clawed our ways back to the surface, bursting through.

"You're damn lucky I didn't have anything in my pockets when you threw me into the lake." I breathed.

"I did not throw you, I dropped you, difference my dear." He laughed. I mumbled ‘whatever’ while rolling my eyes, and felt his wet cold hand take mine, leading me from the lake's water, to the grass covered land.

We both plopped our bodies on the grass. Collecting mud and other substances from the ground as they stuck onto our wet clothes. I looked over at Billie whose skin was now glistening from the water. I pulled myself up from the grass, pulling Billie's limp body with me.

Both our feet shuffled over the grass, back through the untamed grass, and over the dirt road, both our hands together, probably leaving little spots of water behind as we trailed along the road.

"Quick change?" He asked, but it was obvious enough that our current appearance needed a touch-up.

I nodded my drenched head. "Definitely," I reached up with my free hand to tug at a strand of my hair. "I'm not that keen on smelling like fish water."

"Being dirty can be fun though.” He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"There is a time and place for that." I said grinning, taking the lead in our quest, pulling Billie down the dirt path we chose.

The two of us were bombarded by Billie's older sibling David's questions of why we were both soaked from head to every single toe. We finally made our way upstairs to Billie's room for changing, of course I'd have to borrow a few clothing items from Billie.

We shuffled our feet into his room, closing the door behind us both, I basically kicked my shoes away from my body in my haste to de-clothe myself. Hot steaming water and soap were my mindset as I continued my haste as Billie took his sweet time.

"Ya know, I still don't think David believed us." Billie said in mid-motion of him removing his shoe from his soaked foot.

"Oh really?" I replied with harmless sarcasm, laughing at Billie's sad attempt to viciously remove his other sneaker.

"I think-- I think my shoe shrunk while we were in the lake." He said, I shook my head at his ridiculousness.

"I’d worry more about your brain shrinking rather than anything else.” I teased.

“Again with the insults?” He asked, sitting himself in his chair.

"Alright, no more." I giggled, tossing him the towel I had just gotten hold of.

"Thank you." He said placing the towel on his head moving it around to dry his damp hair. I smirked placing myself in his lap when he motioned for me to come towards him.

"Ya know, this really isn't helping with the whole damp situation since we both are still covered in water." I said.

"Body heat between us will evaporate the." He said with a sly grin. I laughed at his wit, wiping away a drop of water placed at the corner of his eyebrow.

"Maybe we should try getting more heat." I suggested, scooting myself closer, draping the towel over both of our heads.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys like the new layout? I thought I'd try something different. I made about 2 or 3 different layouts for this story.
I like variety, haha.
This chapter was sort of a filler. I didn't wanna just dive into the next parts.
I hope you enjoyed this wet 'n wild chapter.
Please do the following:
Comment.Sub. Recc.
Love you.