Status: Hello all. If you find any spelling errors or have any suggestions please leave me a comment.

I'm Not Insane (Heaven Help Me)

Red On White

Her heart skipped a beat. “Mikey?” Her voice trembled and her eyes were big as saucers. “Are you holding on to my arm?” “No…” Sav whirled around to see her father standing there. “Get out Mikey, “ she said. Mikey stared at her but she was staring in fright at something else. “Wh…” “Just go! Get out of here!” She said quietly but her tone told him that it was urgent. Mikey rushed out the door but he turned and watched through the small glass window. Savanna didn’t notice him standing there watching her but she did see the ghost before her. Her father grabbed her hair and dragged her across the room before pushing her against the wall. All Mikey saw was her expression of pain and the silent way that it was written across her face. He saw her moving across the room and he saw her head hit the wall. Mikey’s eyes grew frightened and he ran back to the common room. Savanna let out a cry of agony as her father took his hand and dragged his nails across her face. She tried to block him out but she knew she couldn’t. She was slapped and she fell down to her knees. Sav heard her father laugh and she felt a rush of cold wind before she noticed the wet on the back of her head. She reached a hand around to the back of her head and winced as she touched a cut. She pulled her hand up to her eyes and saw red. Her head had hit the wall with such force that she was bleeding. “Fuck…” The door opened and Mikey was the first one through the door. Gerard, Ray, Frankie and Bob followed him. She looked up at them trembling and turned her bloodstained hand so that they could see it. Ray gasped and ran to her with the others close behind. “Sav what happened?” He shook his fro. “What am I asking?” They knelt beside her while Frankie ran off to find a nurse. They looked really worried and Mikey’s eyes found the marks on her face. “I… I saw…” Savanna’s eyes widened. “You saw it too?” She looked so hopeful. Maybe she wasn’t insane after all. “No…” Mikey said. He winced a little as her hope turned back to pain. “I saw the unmistakable pain on your face…” Frankie ran in with the nurse who helped her up and gasped. “What? How did this happen?” All the guys heard Sav as she was helped out the door. “You wouldn’t believe me.” Her voice was filled with sorrow and pain and exhaustion. The nurse dressed her wounds and sent her off to the doctor who asked about them. Sav told him her story and winced at the small laugh that she received in return. Soon she was back in her room eating from a small tray that Bob had brought her. He sat with her and they talked. She had to stay in her room and rest because the nurse had informed the staff that she was not to be up. The guys sometimes wandered in to talk to her or watch her draw. After a couple of days of sleeping, talking, eating, drinking and drawing Savanna was checked and told that she could get up and her mind did a flip of joy. “Finally…” She thought. She hadn’t had any more visits from her parents and she was glad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a short one this time. Enjoy!