Status: Revamped!

Can You Love a Girl Like Me?

I'd Arrest You if I Had the Time.

‘Buzz, buzz, buzz.’ I reached for my phone in my pocket, and pulled it out.

New text from: Ricky O.
“Hey Jill, you busy?”
“Hey Ricky! No I’m not, what’s up?”
“You wanna come to practice with me?”
“Sure, pick me up in 10?”
“Yep, see you in a bit.”


I put my phone back in my pocket and went upstairs to my bedroom, making my way to my closet. I found a sleeveless button up and some black leggings, quickly putting them onto my petite body. I paired that with my Abbey Dawn brand combat boots and purse. I left my hair as it was, straight down my back, and put my hat on. My phone vibrated and I peeked at it, seeing a text saying that Ricky was at my apartment. I reached into my closet and grabbed an oversized sweater and I was out the door.

“Hey Ricky, how are you?” I signed after I had gotten my seat belt on. The fact that he knew ASL when I met him made things so much easier.

“I’m alright, you?”

“I’m good, excited to meet your friends.”

“That’s good. They’re just gonna love you.” Ricky pulled out of my driveway and drove to a guy named Chris’ house, who I had learned was the vocalist of his band.

Ricky and I pulled up in the guy known as Chris’ driveway about 10 minutes later. I felt Ricky tap my shoulder and I looked at him.

“Jilly, I want you to remember that these guys are hearing, okay? They're a little uneducated on people with hearing impairments.” I nodded and smiled, watching as he got out and opened up my door. I got out of his black two door and he grabbed my hand, pulling me to Chris' front door. After he knocked, a tall, extremely inked-up guy answered the door. He was saying something, and Ricky replied when I looked at him with a confused expression.

“He was just asking who you were. Come on, let’s go inside.” He signed to me. The tall guy, who Ricky told me was in fact Chris, smiled at me and pulled me into a hug. Ricky told me he said it was nice to meet me, and I replied the same.

Ricky and Chris led me to the basement, where I saw three boys messing around with instruments. The boys immediately looked up at us, and confusion became apparent on their faces. Ricky signed everything that was being said, and I was glad he was there to translate. He was explaining to the guys who I was, and that I was hearing impaired and what not.

He took me on a quick introductory tour through the guys.

“This is Devin.” Ricky signed. The pale, almost ghost-like boy smiled at me and hugged me. I smiled back at him and Ricky and I moved on to the next person.

“This is Angelo.” Angelo said something and Ricky signed it into “It’s lovely to meet you.” Angelo wrapped his arms around me quickly so Ricky and I could continue.

“This is Ryan.” The brown-eyed male hugged me and then Ricky tapped me. He pointed to the stairs and I looked over to see literally the most exquisite man I’d ever seen. My mouth went dry and my jaw dropped a little bit.

“That’s Josh, but we call him Balz.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi lovely people who are reading this! If you hadn't read my little note in the description, I basically stated that I'd be completely redoing this story so if any of it sounds familiar it's because you read it before I deleted it. I'm actually going to keep up with it this time since I've gotten better and I know what I'm doing! So anyways, if anyone has questions, leave them in the comments! Thank you for being lovely, babes!
xoxo, tiarathecreator

chapter title cred- Handcuffs, Brand New.