Status: active.

I Think There's Something

o1.

Patrick and a few of his fellow teammates found their way into a bar in the outskirts of the city. It was crowded with people and music was pumping through the speakers. Drinks were being spilled and conversation was impossible. When one of the guys retreated to find the restroom, he came back with refreshing news.

"There's a bar upstairs, a lot quieter, and a few ladies." Brandon Saad said, jabbing Kane in the stomach.

They grabbed their drinks and made their way up to the other bar. It was dimly lit with candles on the few tables that were situated across from the bar. There was a table occupied by a group of girls sharing a couple bottles of wine. The music was turned to a level where you could hear it, but could also hear the person talking next to you without bursting your eardrums.

"I'm gonna grab another. Anyone need anything?" Patrick asked, taking a couple orders before heading to the bar. He sat in one of the stools and turned his shoulder, eyeing one of the girls at the table.

"What can I get you, hun?" The bartender asked as she wiped down the bar top. She didn't stop tidying up until after she took his order.

"Yeah, can I get a gin and tonic, whatever IPA you have, and um, a bottle of wine for those ladies over there?" Pat requested, looking back at the huddled group of girls again.

"Sure thing, sweetie." She started preparing drinks and that's when Pat noticed her. She was a shorter girl with brown hair to just above her shoulders and it was curled in loose messy waves. She wore a simple black tank top that showed off a black and grey style rose tattoo on her shoulder cap. When she placed the drinks in front of him, he caught her bright brown eyes.

"Here ya go! Would you like me to deliver their bottle?" Pat nodded. He didn't need a wingman, but it didn't hurt. She walked over to the girls' table and gave them the fresh bottle. A collective 'aww' came from all of them and looked over to Patrick at the bar and gave him a wave and shouted 'thank you's' at him.

Patrick dropped off Saad's drink and took a chug of his beer before walking over to the table with the girls.

"Hey, ladies. Enjoying your night?" He asked, situating himself between two blondes. They all nodded and giggled. They must know who he is. The blonde to his right caught his eye. She had long, platinum blonde hair that was gathered to her one shoulder. She wore a simple black dress that showed off her thin frame. Pat topped off her glass and started a conversation with her.

"I'm Pat." He said reaching out his hand.

"Brooke." She giggled, shaking his hand. Her cheeks were flushed. Patrick wasn't sure if it was her blushing or the affects from the wine, but this girl didn't look like she would be nervous around guys, so he went with the latter.

Eventually the rest of the boys joined the table and began talking to the girls. More drinks were bought and individuals were beginning to pair off.

"You guys were my only customers tonight, shots on me." The bartender said, placing a tray of shots on the table. Everyone grabbed one and clinked their glasses together. She began stacking the glasses back on the tray and made her way back behind the bar. Pat excused himself from the table and walked up to the bar.

"You didn't take a shot with us." He said, tossing a fifty dollar bill on the counter.

She looked up from her phone and gave him a small smile before grabbing two more shot glasses. "Hope you like whiskey." She replied, holding up a bottle of Jameson.

They took their shots and Pat slid the 50 closer to her. "Thanks, um--"

"Jenna. Sorry that was rude of me."

"No, it's cool. I'm Pat." He was cut off when Brooke came up from behind and wrapped herself around him. The shot had obviously hit her hard. Jenna just raised her eyebrows and tossed her tip in her tip bucket.

"Let's get out of here." Brooke said in his ear, giving him a suggestive smile.

They made their rounds of saying goodbye to everyone and Pat threw a wave at Jenna before placing his hand on Brooke's lower back and leading her out of the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Patrick Kane and drinking. Pretty cliche, but I write what I know.