Status: active.

I Think There's Something

o2

"Why didn't you tell me the Blackhawks were here the other night?!" Jenna gave her co-worker, Eve a confused look.

"Um, if that was the night we were dead, I started drinking and couldn't tell you a thing about who I served." Jenna responded. The upstairs bar that the girls worked at had just opened and not many people knew about it. They got into the habit of drinking when they were having a slow night, and if it was really bad, someone was blacking out.

"You had to have at least noticed Kane! He's the only person that could probably out drink us." Eve cried, upset that she missed the opportunity.

"Oh yeah. I did a shot with him." Eve's jaw dropped.

"And you didn't jump on him?" She smacked Jenna in the arm.

Jenna rubbed the now red spot. "Fuck! You hit like a dude. No I didn't 'jump on him', he was with a girl."

"He would have let you join!"

"You're a freak." Jenna laughed at her friend and started setting up for the night.

Image

It was a Saturday night, and finally the bar picked up a little. Jenna was taking orders and Eve was flirting with a customer. Anything for a good tip. As Jenna was taking the last order from a group of girls she swore she saw the one in the middle give her a death glare.

"Woah, what did you do to her?" Eve laughed. Jenna just shrugged.

"That was the girl Kane was with." She responded and went back to making their drinks. When Jenna dropped them off, she got another glare.

"How do you know Pat?" The blonde asked. Her voice whined.

"I don't?" Jenna shook her head.

"Oh. Because we were together that night." She forced a smile then went back to typing on her phone.

"I bet you were. You both were going hard." Jenna replied, sliding the girls their drinks. She rolled her eyes as she walked away. "Evey, I'm taking a smoke break." Eve just nodded and Jenna slid past her and grabbed her phone and cigarettes from her purse under the bar.

As she was taking in a much needed drawl of her cigarette, a figure approached Jenna at the back door of the bar.

"You shouldn't smoke those." The stranger spoke. Jenna knew better. She only started smoking again after experimenting in her teens because of the stress of work. And besides, it was the perfect excuse to get a quick break. Another person caught up with the short curly blonde man.

"Way to come in through the creepiest alleyway, Peeks." Jenna then recognized the figure. That's the thing about drinking. You forget the current events of the night, then days later those hazy memories all piece together.

"Jenna, right?" Patrick asked. Jenna just nodded.

"I'm Jon." The taller, brunette with dark eyes introduced himself.

"It's a little busier in there tonight, guys. You sure you superstars wanna be seen?" Jenna asked, flicking an ash.

"I'm, uh, meeting someone." Pat replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, yeah. I'm pretty sure she's waiting for you. You can head through this service door. Up the stairs and on the left." Jenna pointed and went back to her cigarette.

Both men slid past her and through the heavy door. She heard their footsteps fade as they climbed the stairs.

Jenna stayed outside for a few minutes after tossing her butt into the dark alley. It was getting late and there was beginning to be a chill in the air. She rubbed her hands against her arms before finally heading back into the chaos of girls wooing as they took shots and drunks shouting lyrics to songs playing over the speakers.

After using the restroom, Jenna approached the bar and smirked at the sight of Eve leaning over the bar with her chin resting in her palm talking to Jon and Patrick standing next to him with the drunk blonde from the other night hanging loosely on his arm as he chugged his beer.

"There she is!" Eve shouted, giving a quick glance to Jenna, and just as quickly going back to her conversation with Jon.

"We doing shots again, Jenna?" Pat asked. Jenna just nodded and pulled out the bottle of Jack Daniel's and 5 shot glasses.

Image

The girls were closing up for the night, well Jenna was. Eve was typing away on her phone with a small smirk on her face. "Jon just invited me back to his place."

"Do it." Was all Jenna said with wide eyes. They giggled about the situation for a moment in typical girl fashion and went back to work making sure Eve didn't keep Jon waiting.

Jenna offered to drive Eve to Jon's place since she decided to have another drink for courage. As Eve was getting out of the car after she fixed her hair in the visor mirror, Jenna called out to her. "Have fun." She teased, getting a bright smile from her friend. Eve adjusted her top and Jenna drove off as she saw Jon open the door for her friend to come in.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's taken forever for me to update this! And now I think the story will have a few more main characters.