James Imagine #2

James Imagine #2

Being a waitress at your favorite café was the best thing in the world to you. Unfortunately, today was one of the busiest days ever. You were running back and forth between different tables and the kitchen to pick up and place orders. The worst part, you were the only waitress there today, so you were stuck taking care of all of the tables, besides the help you got from the manager.

The door to the café opened, followed by the sound of a bell. You didn't have time to look up, because you were headed towards a table to give them their food. On the way there, you tripped over your own foot and expected to fall to the floor along with the food in your hands, but instead a strong arm catches you and saves the plate of food with the other arm's hand.

The person who caught you set the food on the designated table, which was in front of you. Turning around, you put on a smile as if saying thanks to the person. When you see that it was a guy that saved you, who is still holding you and smiling at you, a blush becomes visible on your cheeks.

"Thanks for saving me." The guy only smiled brighter.

"No problem. It's the least I could do for such a beautiful girl," he responds. Your blush only deepens.

"The least?" you question, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, at the most I could ask you to go out with me tonight." It took you a few seconds to realize what was going on.

"I just might take you up on that offer." Just after you said that, another waitress walked into the café and let you know that you could go home. "I'll be right back," you say as you walk away to go clock out and get your personal belongings.

Walking back, you apologize to him, "I'm sorry, I don't know your name." He looked shocked when you said this, but you had no clue as to why.

"I'm James."

"Well, James, I'm (Y/N) and I would love to go out with you tonight," you said, putting emphasis on 'love.'

James smiled and asked, "Can I pick you up around 8?" You smiled and nodded, then wrote your phone number and address on a piece of paper you found in your purse.

Both of you said your goodbyes as you headed out the door and started towards home. On your short walk, you thought about James and how you thought he looked familiar. It was on the tip of your tongue and bothering you for not knowing.

When you got home, you started getting ready, because it was 7 o'clock. After you took a quick 15 minute shower, you picked out your favorite outfit and put it on. Next, you did your make-up and curled your hair. For the final touches, shoes and jewelry were added.

Just as you finished, there was a knock on your front door. You looked over at the clock hanging on your living room wall and saw it was right at 8.

Opening the door, you saw James standing there, flowers in hand. "Right on time." You smiled and took the flowers, then put them in a vase before leaving. "So, where are we going?" you asked, curiously.

"It's a surprise," he says, then winks at you and opens the passenger side door of his car for you like a gentleman. He closes your door and gets into the driver's side. After about 15 minutes of driving, James parks the car near a beach.

You look at him, curiously, trying to figure out what he has planned. Coming around to help you out of the car, James held his hand out for you to grab. Once you were out, you stayed put while he got something out of the trunk. Heading back over to you, you noticed a picnic basket in his hand.

He led you out onto the sand and placed a blanket on the ground. Both of you sat down and James pulled out some food. There were various meats to make sandwiches with, strawberries, grapes, and some other fruits along with some homemade pasta.

"This looks and smells SO good!" you complimented.

"Well, I hope it tastes just as good." He smiled at you, then handed you a plate. Together, you eat, joke around, and share some things about yourselves.

The sun was starting to set when James looked over at you and asked, "Mind going for a walk?"

You smiled and replied with, "Sure, let's go." The two of you stood up and you blushed when James grabbed your hand. It was silent when, all of a sudden, something popped into your mind, "You look so familiar... and it's bugging me to no end trying to figure it out."

"Well..." he hesitated, then let out a sigh, "I'm sorta famous."

"Ohhhhh! I'm smart," you said sarcastically, "Now I remember! You're in Big Time Rush."

"Yeah. That's me."

"James, you deserve so much better than-" you got cut off by his lips against yours.

"Don't finish that sentence. I like you for you and wouldn't want you to be any other way." You smile, lean towards him, and kiss again.