Love Me Tonight

two.

Yvonne: Can you PLEASE make sure Declan is up for soundcheck this afternoon!!
Essie: On it!
Yvonne: You make my life so much easier.

“Next please!”

The petite brunette that was standing in the queue took a step forward flashing a smile at the blonde barista. She reached into her purse, pulling out the wallet that her father had given her for Christmas two years ago.

“Good morning! What can I get for you today?”

“Morning! I will have…” she trailed off, quickly scanning the available tea options. “A large black coffee, and a medium English Breakfast with milk?”

“Absolutely!” The boy behind the counter nodded and began fixing her order. He glanced back at her before asking, “Was the coffee a light, medium, or dark roast?”

“So many options,” she said, laughing. “Let’s go with medium.”

Tossing a couple of coins into the tip jar, the girl moved to the end of bar, waiting for her order to be finished. She tucked a lock of her dark brown hair behind her ear and glanced down at her phone, taking notice of the time. She would have to be back at the hostel in twenty minutes in order to get Declan out of bed and to avoid them being late for their entire day.

“Hi, oh my gosh, sorry to bother you.” She glanced over her shoulder to see two young girls - who couldn’t be any older than sixteen - standing behind her, excited grins on each of their faces. “But are you Essie? From Rube & Rake?”

Esteé smiled at the two girls. “I am, yeah! What are your names?”

“I’m Cassie,” replied the taller girl.

“And I’m Rachel.”

“It’s nice to meet you two! I guess you’ve heard a little something about us?” Esteé asked, laughing.

The two nodded enthusiastically. “I heard your EP months ago,” Cassie answered. “I absolutely love it! I’m so excited for your album to come out! You and Declan are amazing.”

Esteé pressed her hand to her heart and let out a small sigh. “That’s so sweet of you to say. Will you two be coming to the show tonight at the 100 Club?”

Rachel shook her ginger hair slowly. “No, we couldn’t get tickets. It sold out pretty quickly.”

“We’re hoping that you’ll be touring when the album comes out so we can try to get tickets to that,” Cassie confessed. “And actually, we were wondering if maybe we could get a picture with you? I know it’s a little early-”

“Of course!” Esteé exclaimed, grinning. “I’m really glad that you two came up to me actually. I hear from people so often that they’ve seen Declan or I in public and were too shy to come say hello. But I love talking to you all. So I can definitely do a photo!” The two teens shared a smile before taking turns standing next to Esteé and smiling at their iPhones. “Tag me in those!” Essie told them. “I bet they turned out great.”

“Thank you so much,” Rachel said. “We really appreciate it. And we’re sorry to interrupt you on your coffee run.”

“It’s no trouble at all!” Esteé assured her. “Though, I do have to get going or else Declan will never get out of bed and we’ve got a crazy day today.”

Cassie nodded, thanking her again.

“Esteé?” Rachel called after her. Esteé turned to look at the girls again, noting the look that was exchanged between them. “Sorry if this is really nosy or intrusive, but, we’re also really big fans of Ed Sheeran, and we were just sort of wondering, I mean, we were curious if-”

“Are you and Ed Sheeran dating?” Cassie blurted out. She clapped her hands over her mouth and shook her head. “I’m so sorry, that was so rude of me.”

Esteé chuckled. “It’s fine. But no, I’m not dating Ed. I’m not dating anyone at the moment.”

Rachel’s cheeks flushed as she mumbled a quick ‘sorry’. Esteé put up a hand and waved at the two teens. “Enjoy your day, girls. It was lovely meeting you.”

@RachLovett @SassieCassie and I met @EssieRake today! She was perfect.

@EssieRake @RachLovett @SassieCassie Thanks for the chat today, girls! Was lovely meeting you both :)

××


“Declan?” Esteé knocked on door of her band-mate’s room. “Declan, it’s nearly half nine. If you’re not out here in the next five minutes I’m coming in. Your tea is on the table,” she added as an afterthought.

She received an annoyed groan in reply and she smiled at the sound. Thankfully it would be easier than most mornings to wake Declan up today.

Esteé walked through the room of the hotel they had been staying at for the past two days. She sat herself on the couch and pulled out her laptop, opening her Twitter account and, taking a moment to collect herself, composed a quick tweet and sent it out into the interwebs. Essie was one of those people who could admit that she had an addiction to social media in all it’s forms.

@EssieRake Sometimes @TheDeclanAbbott is so hard to get out of bed… I think he needs a little help ;)

Within seconds, Esteé’s Twitter feed was full of tweets from fans, urging Declan to drag his ass out of bed. Not long after that, she heard footsteps coming down the hall and a pissed off Declan grumbled, “Did you really have to do that?”

She giggled and shot him a wink as Declan flipped her off. “Where is the tea you promised?”

“The same place it was two minutes ago when I knocked on your damn door. On the table.”

“Don’t yell at me. It’s too early for you to yell at me,” was the mumble Essie received. “It’s also too early for my Twitter to get raped by your followers.”

Esteé shook her head as Declan fell next to her on the couch. “It worked, didn’t it?”

“What time do we have to be at soundcheck?” he asked, glancing over his friend’s shoulder to watch her Twitter feed.

“Twelve,” came the reply. “But we have an interview with some online program at eleven. The car will be at ten thirty. Be ready.”

“So bossy.”

Esteé shot a wink at her band-mate before turning her attention back to her computer. “Go and make yourself presentable.”

@EssieRake How about a quick Q&A before @TheDeclanAbbott and I have to be productive real people? #EssieQA

@s3r3ndipity @EssieRake What was your fave song on the album to write?! #EssieQA

@EssieRake @s3r3nditpity “Cake war”. There was cake involved. That’s all you need to know.

@1D4EVA @EssieRake Any pre-show rituals? #EssieQA

@EssieRake @1D4EVA Making sure Declan is awake and on time for the show… All day, err day.

@itsCammie @EssieRake fave candy? #EssieQA

@EssieRake @itsCammie I don’t eat a lot of candy! I’m all about that chocolate life.

@kkiyabbias @EssieRake Who’s the messiest out of you and @TheDeclanAbbott? #EssieQA

@EssieRake @kkiyabbias I think that answer is pretty obvious… #notme

@asdfghjkl @EssieRake Do you have any hidden talents? #EssieQA

@EssieRake @asdfghjkl I really like to paint! I think I’m half decent at it as well. #modesty

@MelThompson @EssieRake What’s your favorite app on your phone? #EssieQA

@EssieRake @MelThompson Tinder. #justkidding I can’t stop playing Kim Kardashian Hollywood. Don’t judge me.

@EssieRake The short Q&A was fun! But I’ve gotta get Dec to soundcheck! Until next time xo.

××


https://www.tumblr.com/search/rube+and+rake
If you’re not going to see Ed Sheeran, Rube & Rake, Gavin Degraw and co. at the 100 Club tonight, then you’re wrong.

I hope Estée and Declan do a meet & greet like they do after every concert!!

I found Rube and Rake’s EP that they talked about in the their interview and I love it! I hope their concert lives up to the studio version!
♠ ♠ ♠
i love the idea of incorporating social media and technology into a story, especially when our world is so reliant on these mediums! i hope that you don't find it distracting or tacky. but please, let me know if you think it's something that should be continued in the story, or if i should just stick to the narrative!