Fragmented Love

Four

Dan had spent the rest of the day practising on the drums. He'd remembered parts of some of his favourite songs and he found himself on a high. He hadn't been this happy since before he was sold into slavery.

Andy heard the music before he realised. He headed to the music room and stopped when he saw Dan. He leant against the doorway and watched him. Concentration was rigid on Dan's face as he drummed out a tune almost expertly. Andy smiled, seeing the passion and skill behind his movements. He shuffled his weight onto the other foot and the movement caught the blonde's eye and he stuttered and slowed to a stop- pinching the symbols to quieten them.

"Don't stop on my account - I didn't mean to disturb you. You're very talented, Dan." Dan smiled shyly.

"Thank you. I'm rusty but...enjoying it." Andy smiled.

"I'm glad."

"D-did you walk...refresh you, M- Andy?"

"My w- ah, yes. Thank you." Dan nodded.

"Good......." The silence stretched out awkwardly. Andy smiled and excused himself before Dan had gathered enough confidence to thank him properly.

That night, dinner was quiet. Kellin and Austin argued about the upcoming elections, Andy came up with a well-balanced view that silenced both of them. Hayley met Dan's eyes and just rolled hers. He offered her a smile, inside he wanted to crawl into bed and slip away peacefully. He didn't manage to eat much at dinner which Andy and Hayley noticed.

"I'll help you." Dan offered and helped the redhead clear up the plates afterwards.

"What foods do you like, Dan?"

"Oh I- I don't really...know.."

"I just wondered because if I can help you by cooking things you'd enjoy I'd love to - we need to help you put some weight back on." Dan nodded, he knew all of his bones protruded horribly and he hated how weak he'd become. Even drumming for a few hours had made his hands, wrists and legs ache.

"I'm happy to eat most things really."

"I'll avoid what I made tonight - you didn't look so keen."

"Oh no! N-no! You're a fantastic cook, tonight's meal was delicious I just wasn't feeling well. I'm sorry, it must've seemed very ungrateful."

"Not at all! Don't worry about it, honey." She patted his back as she buzzed around, loading everything into the dishwasher. Dan felt incredibly helpless and bid her goodnight before he did something stupid like burst into tears.

He didn't know where to go. Andy said he had total freedom in the estate but...he didn't want to risk hurting his wrists by continuing on the drums, Kellin and Austin were sat in the living room and Andy was somewhere else. He felt incredibly alone. He went up to Andy's bedroom and changed before crawling into the sheets. He allowed himself to cry a little, as he was alone, then lied there feeling empty.

Andy sent the email he'd just finished writing and decided to get changed into something more comfortable. When he went into his room he was surprised to see Dan in bed already. The way he flinched slightly when he came in was sign he wasn't asleep.
"You feeling ok, Dan? You've been pretty quiet."

"I'm well, thank you." His voice was hoarse. Andy didn't like it. He rustled through his clothing, trying to find that comfy pair of sweatpants.

"You sure? You didn't eat much at dinner. I know Hayley's dinners can be a bit quirky - you get used to them. She's actually quite talented."

"She is. I just...didn't feel like it. I'm sorry-"

"Please don't apologise. As I said you're a free man in my house. I was just worried." Dan bit his lip and tried to hold back the tears.

He was relieved when Andy showered, a door between them once more. He let some more tears escape then tried to compose himself.

When Andy was finished with his shower he wondered what he should do.
"Thank you for today."

"Hmm?"

"I didn't thank you properly when you walked in earlier. I haven't experienced joy since before I was sold. It may have been a small gesture to you, but I want you to know it meant the world to me to be able to drum again." Andy smiled.

"I'm really glad to hear that - thank you. Hey are you alright?" Dan nodded and turned further away when Andy saw his tear-stained, red, puffy eyes.

"I'm fine."

"You're not- well, you wouldn't be. But still can I do anything?" He sat on the bed and Dan sat up, wiping his eyes on his sleeve.

"No I'm really fine. Thank you."

"Are you up to seeing John and his slave tomorrow? I'll call and cancel at the drop of a hat."

"I want to see them, it's fine. We need it." He met Andy's eyes when he said the last fact, truer words had never been spoken and Andy nodded.

"God knows that's true..."

The following day Dan felt sick with nerves. If this John O'Callaghan wasn't the 'nice guy' Andy's crazy friend had assured him he was, it would be trouble for both of them.

Andy didn't look nervous at all. He looked handsome and cool and composed as always. It was a feature Dan was somewhat in awe of.

John arrived early. Andy brought Dan with him to the door to greet him and his slave. John was very tall, with dirty blonde hair loosely gelled back. His voice was pleasant and his smile kind. Dan kept his guard up, Andy didn't. The luxuries of being a free man.

"John, thank you so much for coming we really appreciate it."

"My pleasure! It's great to meet you. This is Kennedy, my boy."

"Good to meet you Kennedy."

"Likewise, sir."

"This is Dan." Dan lowered his head in a polite bow.

"Good to meet you, Dan. Ashley took great pleasure in telling me how beautiful you were." He said knowingly to Andy who laughed with him over his friend's character.

"Right let's get started. Living room?" They headed into the vast room, Dan kept his eyes down and didn't try to make eye contact with the other slave.

"Ok so the ball is in six days. That's time for you two to practise etiquette. The good thing is, you can make an appearance, meet a few people and then leave. You just have to make a fairly good impression and present a disciplined and united front. Me and Kennedy aren't conventional at all, at home we're totally free with each other. But we enjoy most aspects of BDSM in our sex life, and sometimes in our relationship too. I believe that you two will reach a similar standing."

"I think we're a long way from that. We're just trying to get to know each other."

"Well that's fine as long as no one else knows that. Besides me of course, and Ashley, and your staff. And your family. So quite a few people, really." Andy and Kennedy laughed, Dan just felt grim.

"Dan has obviously been through a lot and been trained harshly- you still follow everything they taught you to the T, right?" John spoke to him gently. Dan nodded.

"Yes, sir."

"I thought so - while that doesn't help the two of you build a relationship, it will help you massively at the ball because Dan knows how to behave. You're the one that needs training, my man." John clapped Andy on the shoulders as he left the room to fetch something.

"You're gonna do great, don't worry." Kennedy reassured Dan quietly with a kind smile. Dan offered one back, it felt forced.

"Ok so, here's the run down. The ball is for every Master and their slave(s) to show their relationship to all the others. It is founded on the belief that Masters should show off their possessions - to show how disciplined their slave is compared to others." Dan felt nauseous. He knew what that meant.

"This is where the difficulty lies. Yes you can walk in like any other rigid social affair and make small talk with acquaintances and strangers alike. Point is, you have to show that Dan is yours. He belongs to you." Andy opened his mouth to protest but John silenced him.

"It's a stupid fucking idea to me, too. But you have to pretend it's not. There are games of sorts at the ball too, where masters basically compete to see who has the best trained slave. You must avoid these at all costs - we don't want Dan being collateral damage for an easily made mistake." Dan shuddered and Andy reached out and held his hand gingerly. He was touched by the gesture.

"There is also the matter of attire..."

"What's the problem there? We got Dan all his slave attire-"

"I have to be naked." Andy looked at him when he made the quiet admission. John nodded.

"For Ken it's not a huge deal, he's just used to it. For Dan, having suffered trauma so recently, it's gonna be more difficult." Dan felt all three sets of eyes on him and he looked down at his hand that was locked tightly with Andy's.

"I can handle it."

"The issue that comes with that is the nature of sharing."

"Sharing?" Andy hated that Dan looked more pained each time John said something.

"Rich men having a get together where they have their young playthings around them, naked. Some will want and expect to be able to touch and stare and use Dan too. You have to make it clear, even by being rude - that he is yours and only yours."

"That won't be an issue- I don't care how offensive I have to get." Andy tilted Dan's chin up and spoke to him, reassuring.

"Good. I like your dynamic, but over the next six days you gotta practise being more touchy-feely with each other. When he's good reward him with little strokes where it feels nice, hugs, kisses, anything that lets him know you're there and you're proud of him." Andy nodded.

"What else?"

"The lead." Kennedy reminded his master who gave a little 'ah!' and left the room again. Some rummaging and then he entered the room with a collar and lead.

"This is a new one I got it from a place in New York for you. This is all Dan will wear during the ball." Andy nodded, trying to hide his anger at the situation.

"I know it's frustrating, I hate it too. But if you guys can pull this off you won't get hassle from anyone." He handed Dan the collar to get used to.

"This is a nice one...real leather goes soft...thank you, sir." Andy looked at John who smiled.

"Your boy is gonna do you proud on Saturday, Andy." Andy patted Dan's shoulder gratefully. He worked the collar between his fingers. Bending it and softening it up. The collar was one of the few things Dan actually liked, it made him feel safer.

"Right that is everything I think in terms of issues. You two will travel there with us and stay with us during it so there will be friendly faces and we can introduce you to some of our friends who are good people. Now it's just about etiquette. Kennedy, darling. If you could." Kennedy hopped up and fetched his collar and lead. He put it on himself and gave the handle to John.

"Thank you baby. Ok so when you walk, your slave has to walk behind you at all times." John illustrated his point.

"When you stop and are talking, the easiest way to make sure he's safe is to make him kneel in front of you. That way you can see him and it's harder for strangers to reach him and touch him."

"Is there another way I don't want him to have to-"

"I'm comfortable, I'm used to kneeling for twelve hours a day." Dan assured him quietly.

"Like so, and it's nicer for him because you can pet him and reassure him without others really taking notice." Kennedy knelt diagonally in front of him and John stroked around his head and neck absentmindedly.

"You can also have him kneel in front of you if you are sitting, or sit on your lap. You can also have him stand in front of you and you can hold him which is helpful to do when there are sharers around because it is a possessive stance." Kennedy stood and John wrapped both arms around him and kissed his neck. The short slave leant back against him and smiled contentedly.

Andy glanced at Dan and he was looking down at his hands. Andy wanted to reach out and comfort him but he didn't know what to do.

"So, that's all, Andy you have to work with Dan over the next six days getting him accustomed to your touch. It looks as though you two already trust one another, but you have to look natural and comfortable with each other."

"I think we do, don't we?"

"Well you...you certainly look like you're good friends..?"

"We have to look like we have sex. Intimacy is not the same as friendliness." John looked at Andy sadly and nodded.

"He's right." Andy asked the other pair to excuse them for a moment and they did, closing the door behind them.

"I'm sorry have I upset you again?"

"No. I just hate this ball. I really hate it..." Andy pulled Dan into his lap and hugged him tightly. Dan tucked his head into the crook of his neck instinctively and Andy felt like it was the most natural thing in the world, having him there.

"We will get through it. And we will get closer, you and I. I just can't bear the thought of hurting you." Dan smiled gently.

"Thank you." Andy got his hands and kissed each of them while looking at him. Dan smiled tearfully, such a gesture would never be gifted upon a slave, ever. Andy was so gentle and kind.

"As John said - I'm the one who needs training, really. And I will protect you, I promise."

"I trust you." Dan gave him the collar.

"Will you put it on me, Master?" Andy heard the sign of submission differently than any of the other times Dan had said similar things. This time he wasn't just adhering to his cruel training. This time he was offering himself to Andy, telling him that he was his. It was a heady feeling and Andy reached up gently and pressed a small kiss to his lips.

"Turn around." Dan smiled to himself as Andy gave him the first truly dominant command he ever had and he knelt on the carpet on the sofa in front of him. Andy placed the collar around his neck and did it up just tightly enough for Dan to feel it.

"Beautiful." He said and kissed his shoulder. Dan smiled as he called them back in. John smiled at their new stance and nodded.

"See? This is what I'm talking about. You two keep this up and you'll be absolutely fine."

"Thank you. Do the masters have to wear anything particular, by the way?" John tilted his head back and forth.

"Sort of, not really. You can either go in a suit or in leather gear. The ones who are really into it will go in the leather - doesn't mean they're the bad ones. And others will go in suits. Honestly, the ones in the leather tend to be the nicer guys so don't be intimidated by it. They tend to be the ones with the proper d/s relationship with their slaves." Andy nodded.

"I'll be wearing a suit how about you?"

"Same. I'm too skinny to pull that shit off." They all laughed at that and Hayley knocked, asking if they'd like tea. They had tea together and some cake and John took the opportunity to explain that to them as well.

"Another thing you two will have to get used to is, if you have guests around for dinner, Andy who are important clients rather than your friends, you'll have to observe proper etiquette then, too."

"Do you know about this?" Andy asked Dan who nodded.

"I have to be naked with the collar then, too. And you have to feed me by hand." He said it shamefully and Andy looked at John incredulously who just nodded. He gestured to Andy to follow him for a moment. They stepped outside.

"You shouldn't look so aghast at everything - you're at risk of making him feel more ashamed of his position than he does already. I don't want him to have his self-esteem battered any more than it already is." Andy nodded and rubbed a weary hand over his face.

"You're right. God how could I not see that-"

"Hey, you're doing a great job, don't beat yourself up. The fact Dan talks so openly with you is a great sign that he's getting comfortable. Just make sure you always think about his confidence - as subs they tend to be very sensitive to what we masters say anyway, they take it to heart the good and the bad. Just be aware."

"Thank you." Andy went to go back inside but John stopped him.

"I think we should give them a little time, Ken's a sweet guy, it'd be good for Dan to feel like he's got a friend." Andy nodded and they stood talking alone for a while.

"How are you feeling about it, Dan?" Dan glanced up over to the other slave. He had a kind face, and his master was definitely a good one too, but he'd been drawn in and tricked by other slaves before so that he'd receive punishment.

"I don't really like talking-"

"Please. John's probably keeping your master outside so that we can have a chat alone. You need other people to talk to besides Andy." Dan bristled slightly, he shouldn't address him so informally.

"The fact you're a little possessive of him is a good sign." Kennedy smiled.

"I do like him. He's the first nice one I've had."

"How many have you had?" Kennedy moved closer and sat opposite him.

"Three....they all swapped me in once they'd broken me." Kennedy reached out for his hand.

"I'm sorry you were treated in such a way." Dan smiled gratefully.

"Thank you. How about you?"

"John and I were friends beforehand, when I got taken he tracked me down and brought me before any real damage was done. I was lucky." Dan nodded.

"Your master is kind though, and attractive?" Dan laughed a little, slightly embarrassed.

"He is."

"Do you think you'll become intimate?"

"We...I feel like I should. But he won't touch me like that." Kennedy looked sad.

"I'm sorry."

"Thanks....I....well, you can guess how that feels. But I think once I truly want him rather than feel I should be doing it to serve him he'll do it." Kennedy smiled.

"Well, I think you're halfway there already. The ball can solidify your relationship. Sex can come later, it's probably better. It shows he's a decent man - that he actually cares about you." Dan nodded.

"Thank you." Kennedy nodded and returned to John's feet when they walked back in and sat down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys are enjoying this! Please leave a comment and hit subscribe to let me know if you do! ^ . ^