Status: In Progress

The New Girl

two

From Jared: Hey Elle. Do you want to go out to eat and get to know each other more before we shoot tomorrow?

I smile as I look down at my phone.

To Jared: Yeah! Where do you wanna go?

I plop on the somewhat comfortable bed of the hotel I'm staying at. Supernatural is shot in Vancouver and I live in Los Angeles, California. Most of me hopes that my character gets a permanent spot on the show, but the rest of me hopes I don't so I can actually go home in sleep in my own bed instead of sleeping in semi-soft hotel room beds. I grab the remote from the table and click on the TV. All of these channels are completely different from the U.S. so I get off from the bed and grab the TV guide. I hear my phone ring and it's Jared.

From Jared: Why thank you for letting me choose! I'm taking you to the Five Sails Restaurant. It has the best view. I'll pick you up at 7. See you there! :)

To Jared: Sounds good. I'm excited!

I check the time on my phone, 5:13. I put in down on the end table and go into the bathroom and brush my hair and straighten it. I don't want it to look like I'm trying to hard, but it's Jared Padalecki. I'd have to try hard to look half as good as he does just waking up. My phone rings again and I sigh and put the straightener down. It's Jared again.

From Jared: Hey i forgot to tell you, wear something nice. It's a fancy restaurant. :)

To Jared: Thank god you told me. I was planning on showing up in sweatpants. :)

I smile and decide to bring my phone with me just in case he texts again. I grab my makeup bag from my suitcase and bring it into the bathroom.

From Jared: That would be just as nice. :)

I like that he uses smiley faces. It makes me feel good for some reason.

I put on a simple but beautiful makeup look and look in my suitcase for something to wear. I keep sorting through my clothes hoping that I packed something nice. I keep coming across business clothes, lots and lots of sweatpants and t-shirts, but finally I find a dress at the bottom of my suitcase. A red sheath dress, I let out a huge smile when I take it out. "Perfect," I whisper to myself. What a cliche reaction to finding the perfect dress.

I grab some earrings and a simple diamond necklace and put it all on in the bathroom. I straighten out the wrinkles in the dress and take a look at myself. Eh, maybe I'm as bad looking as I think I am. I nod my head impressed with myself and check the time on my phone. It's about 6 o'clock. I pick out some heels and set them by the door so I remember them when I walk out. I look in my suitcase for a clutch. I find a simple black one and shrug, it'll have to work. I put some money in it for tonight and my room key. This restaurant sounds fancy, a hundred bucks should be enough. Unless Jared acts like the gentleman he is and pays for us. I'll do the whole 'Oh, you don't have to do that!' And he'll insist, and I'll be like, 'Oh you're so nice!' and he'll be like,' Yeah I know,' and I'll be like,' Oh you're so cute,' and he'll be like,' Oh you are too,' and I'll be like,' Yeah I know.'

He's showed me around the city yesterday. He showed me the arena the Canucks played at, he told me he'd take me to a game but I made him promise the Penguins had to be playing. He smiled and said,' Of course,' like the gentleman he is. He took me to many others, but the last place he took me to was Jericho Beach. Words cannot describe the beauty of the sunset. The sun made the horizon look like a rainbow of colors. The light reflected off of the water and it was absolutely amazing. The water looked like it had colorful fish swimming on the surface of the waters.

From Jared: Hey, I'm on my way, I'll pick you up at your room, be ready! :)

To Jared: I'm aaaaalready ready!

I turn off the TV and tidy up the bathroom just in case he needs to stop in to relieve himself. I shove all of my clothes that are scattered around the room into my suitcase. I line all of my shoes along the wall by the door. I look around and smile to myself. That cleans about 1/3 of my room. Hopefully he doesn't look past my bed. That's much worse that what the front half was.

About twenty minutes later I hear a knock on my door. I take a deep breath and glance at myself in the mirror to make sure I look halfway okay. I nod my head, pleased with myself and open the door to see Jared's sunshiny face. He's wearing a white button up shirt and a black skinny tie which is tucked into black dress pants. He looks great. He smiles and I smile back. "You ready for our dinner?" He asks. I smile and nod.

"Of course I am," I reply. "Let me grab my stuff. You can come in."

He follows me into the room and I grab my shoes and sit on the bed to put them on. I grab my clutch and my phone. He looks around. "Nice room," he says simply.

"Yeah, it get's pretty lonely though. Although I have found something fun to do. See, you can open that window over there, and you can drop water down, and most people will think it's raining and run inside. It's kind of funny to watch people silently panic." Jared laughs.

"Sound like fun, I'll have to do it with you sometime. I'd do it now, but our reservations are at 7:30 and it's 6:45, so," he says, holding onto the 'o' in 'so.'

"Okay, okay, let's go," I tell him. He holds out his arm for me to take. "Why thank you, you kind gentleman." He smiles down at me, like he always does, and we make our way out of the hotel.

We get to his car and he opens my door and I thank him. He gives me a soft smile and he makes his way to the driver's side. "How far away is this Five Sails Restaurant?" I ask him. He puts the car into reverse and backs out of the parking space.

"About twenty minutes," he replies. "We'll be there just in time."

I turn on the music and Peace of Mind by Boston comes on. I smile and subtly mouth the words and look out the window at the beautiful city passing by. This city is unmistakably beautiful. The tall buildings' lights reflect off the dark water under the bridge.

"You like this song?" Jared asks. I look over at him and he glances at me, but keeps his eyes on the road.

"Yeah, my dad loved classic rock. I grew up listening to it. His favorite band was Boston," I tell him. He turns up the radio and smiles.

"Well why don't you sing then?"

"I think you'd be deaf by the time the song's done," I reply, chuckling.

"I'm sure I won't. I'll sing it with you, ready? Here comes the chorus," he says, and glances at me.

Next thing I know we're both singing the wonderful lyrics of Peace of Mind, together. Surprisingly we don't sound half bad.

"I understand about indecision but I don't care if I get behind. People livin' in competition all I want is to have my peace of mind. Take a look ahead, take a look ahead. Look ahead."

We both laugh and I turn down the music a little bit. "We should be on American Idol," I tell him, still laughing.

"That's actually not a bad idea," he says. I look at him and he gives me a very serious look. "We'd be a dynamic duo."

"I'd love to, but I have this show I'm in, and I have to spend half of my time with this guy and we have to become best friends, I mean, I'd love to, but that's my main focus right now. Maybe later?" I say, smiling.

"Oh, sounds like fun. How's this guy you have to be friends with? Is he cool?"

"He's okay, he's really weird though, and he really creeps me out," I say, joking. He looks at me with puppy eyes.

"That's a little harsh. I'm sure this guy wouldn't want you to talk about him like that," he says.

"I'm sure he'd be okay. He's like a ball of sunshine, nothing could get to him," I say. He doesn't go on with the joke and he just looks at me. I look back, but after awhile I remember we're driving. "Hey Jared, eyes on the road, buddy."

"Oh yeah. You really think I'm like a ball of sunshine?" he asks. I nod my head. He smiles and fist-pumps the air," Yes!" I shake my head.

"You are a weirdo," I tell him. He nods his head, agreeing.

~~~~

We walk into the restaurant and I'm absolutely amazed. We walk in and we are greeted by a man in a black suit. He welcomes us,"Hello, welcome to Five Sails. Do you two have a reservation?" Jared nods.

"Yes, Padalecki for two," he says. I smile at how sophisticated he sounds. The man leads us to a spot right by the ginormous window that is covering the whole wall. I mean, it's literally a wall of class. We both take our seats and he starts us both off with champagne. We both thank him and he leaves us to look at the menus.

Jared looks down at what he wants for the main course. I take a look, and finally decide to have a Seared Filet of "Prime" Alberta Beef. "I love to have the Catch! here. Their lobster is amazing," he says.

"Are you ready to order?" the waiter says. We both nod our heads.

"Yeah, I'll have a Seared Filet of "Prime" Alberta Beef. " I tell him. He writes it down on his notepad.

"And I'll have the Catch! " Jared says. The waiter nods and does the same thing as he did for me, and gives us some more champagne.

"This champagne is the best we have. Anything for a lovely couple like you two," the waiter says before he leaves. I am about to object, but Jared gives me a 'don't say anything' look. I decide to be quiet.

"Thank you, sir," Jared tells the waiter. The waiter nods and leaves us alone. "It's much better him thinking that we are together than it being awkward when we tell him that we aren't together. Plus, free 'best we have' champagne. How could you mess that up?" I chuckle.

"You really think things through, don't you?" I tell him. He nods his head.

"Oh yeah," he says. He points out the window at the sea, and we see another building to the right, but what really catches my eye is the thing beyond the sea, the city lights. They look amazing at night. "That's the North Shore. And that's the bridge we crossed to get here."

"It's beautiful," I tell him. He nods his head.

"Yeah, it really is amazing." I don't take my eyes off of the moving lights of cars crossing the bridge. The lights reflect off of the water, just like the sun did in the ocean.

What am I talking about? I never notice things like this. I've never noticed how the sun or lights reflect off water. I've never talk about things like this. It's stupid.

~~~~

We finish our dinner and with the surprising small amount of food we were served, I'm absolutely stuffed. I definitely had enough champagne. I think we went through two bottles together.

"I am drunk, but I know for a fact you and I cannot drive," I tell him as we walk out of the amazing restaurant together, arm in arm.

"I know, I know. I'll call a cab, we'll be perfectly safe," he says. I smile just lean into his arm, not caring if we look like we're a happy old married couple that's been together for 50 years.

We make it outside and it's unfortunately raining. Don't get me wrong, I love rain, but not when I just had an awesome dinner, and am wearing a dress. Jared calls the cab and we both lean on the windowsill outside of the restaurant.

"Jared Padalecki?" I hear a voice beside us. A girl walks up to us under an umbrella. She puts it down when she gets under the protection of the balcony above us. Jared looks up and smiles.

"Why yes I am," he says. Her smile automatically gets larger. She takes out her phone and taps a few buttons.

"Can I get a picture with you?" she asks, still all smiles.

"Of course!" he says.

"Can you take it of us?" she asks me. I smile and nod my head. I take her phone and she goes over to Jared. He puts his arm around are small shoulder, and they both smile. He towers above her, but they still look cute. I take about five pictures, so there's at least one good one. "Thank you so much!" she tells me. I smile. "I'm sorry but if you don't mind me asking, but who are you?" she says in the most respectful way possible.

"I'm Elle," I tell her, and put out my hand for her to shake. She takes it and smiles.

"She's going to be playing my best friend on the show," Jared says. She looks at him, and then back at me and smiles. "We're getting to know each other better before we start shooting."

"That's great! I promise I won't tell anyone, it'll be a surprise," she says. Jared thanks her and she walks away.

"Your guys' fans are awesome," I tell him as we sit back down on the windowsill.

"Believe me, I know."