Status: In Progress

The New Girl

three

I show up to the place we are shooting our first scene. It's a relatively small house, one that a college student who doesn't like living with other people she doesn't know would live in. It looks homey, nice. I get out of my car and walk up to the set. Eric is standing by the camera looking at the first shot. He turns around and sees me. "Hey, Elle!" he says. I smile and walk up to him. "Are you all ready?"

"Yup, I stopped by the makeup and wardrobe department before I came," I tell him. He nods. "So where's everyone else?"

"They should be coming soon. We'll start shooting in about a half an hour," he says. I nod my head.

"Sound good." I walk back over to my car and grab my phone. I lean on the car and look around at everything. I've done acting before, but nothing this serious. I was mostly an extra in TV shows, or in commercials, but nothing where I've ever gotten more than five lines.

An SUV pulls up two spaces beside where my car is. Jared and Jensen get out of the car, and the driver gets out also. Jared gets out and looks around and finally sees me. He smiles and pats on Jensen's shoulder and motions for him to follow. Jared and Jensen walk over and I stand up from my car. "Hey, Elle," Jared says. I smile and greet him too. "Jensen, this is Elle, Elle, this is Jensen."

"Nice to meet you," Jensen says.

"Nice to meet you too," I tell him. "I was already a fan of the show, so I know who you are." I try not to sound to much like a stalker. But thankfully he smiles. "Eric said they would start shooting in about a half hour."

Jared and Jensen smile. "If we are ready before then, we'll start shooting before," Jensen says.

We run lines a few times, and we are finally ready to shoot. I've been practicing my lines since the day I got the script. I hope to god I don't embarrass myself.

I get in my position behind the front door of the house and I hear the director say," Action!"

I hear the knock on the door and I wait a little bit before I open it. "Sam! What are you doing here?" I say. So far so good.

"We just stopped by for a visit," Sam says. I smile and give him a hug. "This is Dean, my brother." He motions to Dean who is standing on a step behind him. He moves over so I can see him.

"Nice to meet you, Dean," I say and wave. He gives me a small smile and waves back. "Do you guys want to come in?" Sam nods and I motion for them both to come in. I follow them in and tell them they can take a seat on the couch while I grab them some beers.

I walk into another room to grab the three beers and come back to listen to them talk.

"How do you even know if she's going to be able to help?" I hear Dean's voice say.

"Because I know her. She was one of my best friends in college. She knows me, she'll understand, she'll trust me," Sam says.

"I hope so-," Dean says but I walk in to cut him off. I hand them both their drinks and I set mine on the table. I take a seat across from both of them.

"So how'd you know I'd still be living here? It's been almost two years," I say. He shrugs.

"It was mostly hope. If you weren't still living here I'm pretty sure I would have found you either way," he says smiling. I smile back.

"Doesn't sound weird at all," I tell him.

"So, did you hear about the murder that happened two days ago?" Sam says.

I nod and sit back into my chair," Yeah, the man was Emily's dad. Is that why you're here? Another one of your dad's cases?"

Dean's eyes get much larger and looks at Sam. "Dad's cases? She knows? " Dean says shocked.

Sam sighs and puts his head in his hands. "I'm sorry, Dean. I thought I could trust her at the time. I obviously can, she hasn't told anyone!"

Dean stands up and runs his hands through his hair. "How do you know? How do you know she hasn't told her best friend? Her mom? How do you know she can keep her mouth shut?"

"Because she is a hunter too, Dean!" Sam finally says and stands up. Dean stops his pacing and looks at me, then back at Sam.

"That would have been wonderful news to know before I blew up," Dean says, and groans. "God. You're an idiot, Sam. You know that?"

"Well by how many times you tell me that, I'm sure I know," Sam says. He sits back down and motions for Dean to sit too. Dean does as he's told.

"So why are you in college if you're a hunter? You could be saving people, but instead you're learning to be a-a what? A lawyer?" Dean says.

I look down and fiddle with my thumbs. "I couldn't do it anymore," I say. I look up and find Sam shaking his head, giving me a look of 'you don't need to talk about this.' "My dad was killed by a werewolf. When I was five I saw him get eaten alive by a monster . I kept hunting, trying to kill every single thing that hurts and kills people. I got in touch with another hunter when I was 16. We get really close, and the same thing happened to him. He got eaten alive by a werewolf. I had to stop because everyone I get close to, I lose. They die, okay? I couldn't do it." I say all of that without letting a tear come down. My character is supposed to be strong. She's supposed to not show her feelings on the outside. She's not going to be a softy. She's going to be a strong independent woman.

"I'm- I didn't know, I-" Dean starts, but I cut him off.

"Save it. It's fine," I tell him. Dean just looks down. I look at Sam and he gives me his puppy eyes. I give him a small smile and he smiles back.

"And cut!" the director says. "Amazing! Amazing everyone!" I stand up and smile and Jared and Jensen do so too. "Welcome to Supernatural, Elle." I smile at him. Everyone claps, including Jared and Jensen.

"Oh stop it, I'm blushing!" I joke, covering my face. Laughter comes from everyone and we all walk into the other room where our chair's and food is set up. I usually never do that. I usually would have just smiled and said thank you, but this time, it was different. I felt confident.

I sit in my chair and look at my script, and can't help but smile to myself. "I see someone's excited," I hear Jared's voice say. I look up at him and he smiles. "You did great. I thought you'd be okay, but I would have never thought you'd be that good."

"Oh sure, I'm obviously a naturally born professional actor," I say, and flip my hair. He laughs. He hands me a small sandwich and I take it, thanking him.

"So how do you like it? As nerve-wracking as you thought it'd be?" he asks, sitting in his chair next to mine.

"No, surprisingly not. I feel really comfortable here. Maybe it's because of you, maybe not, I don't know. All the other sets I've been on for things I feel so scared, everything's so rushed, no one really cares, but here, it's like every single person here cares about what your doing, or how you're feeling. I don't know it sounds stupid," I tell him. He smiles and nods his head.

"That's exactly how I felt when I first started. That's why so many people like it here," he stands up. "Glad you like it here." He walks into the other room where the food is. I look back down at my script reading my other lines to myself, making sure I cannot forget one.

"So you like it here?" I voice says from in front of me. I look up and it's Jensen. I smile and nod my head. "Good, we got a great bunch of people here, they'll make you feel at home. Well, as much as you can feel at home with a camera in your face."

I smile," Thanks. You guys are so nice here, this is the best I've felt on a set my entire life, even though I haven't been on a lot of sets, but this one's amazing, you guys are amazing."

He nods," If you need help with anything, I'll most likely always be there. I'm sure Jared would be the first to your rescue though, of course." He smiles and looks around. "We're glad to have you on the show."

I can't help but smile any bigger than I already am. Everyone is so amazing here. All the actors, the PA's, the directors, everyone who helps with anything around here is great. They all seem so grounded. Now all of me hopes I get a permanent spot on the show, that's for sure. I don't care if I have to sleep on rocks. Even if I did have to sleep on a bed of rocks I'm sure they'd help me out somehow, the way these people act.

We shoot the rest of the scenes for the day and Eric walks up to me with Jared by his side. "Hey, Elle. I just wanted to let you know I'm very happy to have you on the show. You do an amazing thing with your character, like you embody everything she is about. I also came to tell you I think you and Jared still have some work to do on getting close for your characters. We're shooting some more tomorrow, as you know, but before then you two should be around each other as much as you can."

I nod. "Sounds good. And thank you," I tell him. He nods his head and leaves Jared and I alone.

Jared just looks at me and smiles. I raise an eyebrow, but smile anyway.

"Alright, love birds, let's go," Jensen says from behind us. Neither of us object, knowing that he's obviously aware that we aren't together. "We are going to a bar, and we are going to have some fun."

"And where would that be?" Jared asks him. Jensen smiles and looks at the both of us. He motions for us to follow him outside and we walk to his car. We get to the SUV and he tells the driver that he can go home. Jensen walks back over to Jared and I and gives us his happy go lucky smile.

"Where we are going is a secret. So Elle, I don't mean to be invasive, but I'm driving your car," Jensen says. I raise my eyebrows surprised, but nod anyway. I get into the back and Jared gets into the passenger seat. Jensen turns on the car and he pulls out and takes us to this surprise bar. I don't know how I feel about this, but I stay optimistic. I trust these guys, mostly Jared, but Jensen seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders.

We finally show up to the bar, and it seems nice. We all get out of the car after Jensen parks. "I'm just curious. Why'd you want to take us to the bar?" I ask him. He smiles as we walk up the stairs into the bar.

"You seemed stressed. I know you an Jared over here wanted to have some fun. You and him have awful choices for dates. So here, we'll have some fun," he says and winks. I roll my eyes. The dude's a nice guy, but I'm getting a little tired of him pretending like Jared and I are dating.

We all sit down in a booth in the back of the bar. Jensen looks at us with a mischievous grin. We both look at each other with relatively frightened looks. "Ready to have some fun?"