Status: On hold due to no internet connection.

No One's Here to Sleep.

Eleven.

I sat in my car eating the burger I had just bought from burger king, I felt bad for leaving Derek like that but I refused to be close with him. It would just lead to him dying. My music blasted as I took a bite of my french fry and swallowed, my thoughts were blank and I just jammed to the music that would make a normal person deaf. Turning my head to the left I narrowed my eyes and saw the kid run past me, I smelt the blood that stained his skin and quickly pulled out of the parking lot. When I got onto the main road the kid was gone, but the smell still lingered so I followed, curious as to why I bloodied up kid would be running down the street with fear stuck to his skin.

Pulling into the hospital around six a.m because the kid decided to run in circles for a few hours I was greeted with loads of people, some were rushing around while others stood looking bored.

"Hi, can I help you?" I looked at the middle aged woman and squinted my eyes, she looked like Scott.

"Uhm, I saw a kid running down the road covered in blood." My looked past her at the sheriff walking down the hall way with another deputy, looking back at her she sighed.

"Yes, he made it here; he's okay for now." She shifted in her spot and I nodded.

"Good, I would have picked him up but when I pulled out of the lot he was gone." That was a lie, I would not have let that kid in my car covered in blood. I would have made him run or walk. I tuned my ears to the sheriff.

"His whole family was murdered and he was the only one who got away, he's a lucky kid." Blinking I looked back at the woman.

She looked behind her and the sheriff, then looked back to me.

"Don't worry, he is in good hands." Nodding I turned and walked towards the glass doors, I saw the small smudge of blood on the window and cringed, it smelt weird; sour in a way.

"This is the address, 25 woods lane." I walked out of the building after hearing the sheriff speak, getting into my car I made my way over to the house. When I pulled up I was a little back from the current police officer that was seated outside in his car, probably reading the files.

I sat for a few mintues until my attention was pulled to the house where someone was walking around, why would someone be walking around in a house where people were killed? The cop quickly got out of his car and walked into the house, I soon followed and was greeted with the banshee standing in the hall way. Both sets of eyes landed on me.

"Why are you here?" The cop asked with his gun lowered.

"That question is annoying, Lydia; we have to go soon." I tightened my jaw as I felt myself being pulled back into the babysitting role.

Instead of listening to me the strawberry blonde turned and started to talk to the cop, shoving my hands in my pocket I followed behind them. My eyes scanning the walls, the floors and the rest of what I could see. Flashing my eyes red quickly I saw the small trail of blood that led out of the front door, squinting my eyes I looked at the flight of stairs to see that it had come from up stairs.

"Um." Blinking my eyes back to normal I looked at Lydia, they were both standing in front of a door way in the wall that seemed to be letting out cold air.

"You don't need me for that, have fun." I spoke as I started up the steps quickly, I was not a fond of the cold. Walking around the upstairs I followed the blood trail which led to the parents room, the walls were covered in blood. The bed had blood stains with holes in the sheets, as if someone stabbed them to death. Turning I walked to the other room where the brother was killed, he had put up some fight. My nose cringed at the smell of the blood, it was just like the one in the hospital. Sour.

Walking out of that room I made my way into his room, a few blood spots on the floor; a towel next to the mirror and a broken bedroom window. He must have jumped out of the window in order to escape. Looking under the bed where the light was set I saw the cat which looked frozen in fear, I guess no one thought to look under the bed.

"Hey." I reached my hand slowly under the bed causing the cat to hiss.

Taking a deep breath I let the yellow of my eyes glow causing the cat to inch forward, once it was close enough I grabbed it and pulled it into my arms.

"Now calm down, you're one thing I wont hurt." I always had a soft spot for animals. Leaving the room I made my way downstairs where I saw Lydia looking a bit worried and the cop calling the sheriff. I placed the cat into lydias arms and tilted my head.

"Get to the hospital now." She muttered with a shake in her voice.

For some reason, I didn't think twice and I didn't argue. I turned and left.
I drove as fast as I could to the hospital, when I got there it was nearly dark as I parked my car, locked it and ran into the hospital. It wasn't as packed as this morning, but I quickly made my way towards Scott's scent. I rushed up the stairs and onto the floor where I saw Scott looking at his mother in his wolf form, I saw the blood footsteps on the floor and I smelt the fresh scent of blood from the person dead in the room. My teeth extended and my eyes flared red, I took a few steps forward when Scott looked at me.

"Stay with my mom, make sure shes safe." He spoke as he growled and then ran off after the kid.

My jaw dropped slightly as he just gave me and order to babysit his mom.

"You...I saw you earlier." Standing in front of her I gave her a look over and saw that she was fine, letting my eyes lock with hers I Pulled her into a trance.

"You saw me earlier and we spoke, you wont remember seeing me now." Pulling back she nodded and I ran off towards Scott, when I reached him he was standing on the roof trying to talk the kid down.

"Let me help you." He spoke while taking a step forward.

My eyes landed on the boy and my eyes widened, his teeth were all extended and his eyes were white; he was covered in blood and he held a boy by the neck.

"Windigos don't need help, we need food!" Standing back I watched as the boy was flung over the edge and Scott grabbed him, the windigo grabbed his arms and pulled them back; I took a step back landing in the shadows as Scott chomped down into the kids arm to keep him from dying. Then I saw the axe fly across the roof and land in the kids back, the person quickly ran up and pulled it out of his back then walked away. When I got a good look at him I felt my body wanted to run, I watched the cold eyes scan the shadows. The mute, the man that was worse then hunters.

He knew who I was and I knew that I was on his list.

Scott had pulled the kid back up and I saw the mute give him the stay silent finger, I watched his eyes scan the shadows once more before vanishing. Scott was staring at the boy who had a gash in his arm, he looked horrified and sorry at the same time. Things were getting worse by the second.