Status: On hold due to no internet connection.

No One's Here to Sleep.

Six

The room was silent except for Derek's soft breathing, Deaton was in the other room checking on the animals and Lydia who pushed to stay was sitting there staring at me. My eyes scanned Derek's body checking to see if anything was wrong with him, but he seemed like he was fine. As if he wasn't stuck in a tomb a few hours before hand.

"So...how do you know Kate?" My eyes averted to Lydia who sat there silently, she was the banshee. I ignored her question and looked back to Derek as the memories flushed through my mind.

Derek was laughing as we walked down the dirt path, we were twelve years old and had snuck out of the house once again. By the time our parents would find out it would have been to late, his hand was entwined with mine as we walked over to our broken down tree spot. A week earlier I had found out that he was supernatural, a werewolf. At first it scared it me but seeing as he was my world, I became fine with it.

"So tell me more about yourself, about you werewolf side." I rested my head on his shoulder as he gripped my hand.

"There's a whole lot to tell, I was born a wolf and change every full moon. I have to learn how to control my other side though, even though I am a pure werewolf." I looked up at him and smiled.

"I would love to be what you are." I mumbled to him as I looked at the ground, I always felt out of place; there was something different about me. Maybe it was because I wanted to be different.

"You're something different, I hear my parents talking about it. Argents, it means hunter. You're a born hunter." My eyes lifted from the ground as I sat up straight and looked at him, a hunter? I had heard of my parents speaking of them, mentioning my name a few times but had never said anything to me.

I nibbled my bottom lip.

"Do you know what a hunter does Alex?" He asked leaning closer to me, his eyes turning yellow.

"No." I leaned closer.

"They hunt werewolves." His lips touched mine softly, I could feel the tears brim at my eyes; I never wanted to hunt him. He was my world, you can't hunt your world, Can you?


"I think she's ignoring me." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over to Lydia and Deaton, they were both staring at me intently.

My eyes scanned over to the clock, it was three in the morning and neither of them were sleeping. Closing my eyes and shaking my head I opened them and looked back at them, I could sense how tired Lydia was and how she was struggling to stay awake. She either wanted answers or wanted to make sure that Derek was okay. I looked at Deaton, calm and alert. Just like a Druid Emissary would be.

"I remember you." I pointed a finger at Deaton who stayed calm.

Lydia looked from him to me and then crossed her arms leaning back into the chair, I knew that she was going to pass out from being so tired sooner or later.

"I don't remember you, but you look familiar." He placed his hands on the table and watched me, I didn't really want to get into the conversation. I was just expecting him to say okay and walk away, but that's not what they did.

"You worked for the Hale family when they were alive." I crossed my legs, my pants rubbing together and my sneakers tapping the under part of the silver table.

There was a moment of silence before he looked at me with a shocked expression, a smile placed on his lips as he stood up straight and took a good look at me.

"You are the Argent, the one that was always in the house as she belonged there. The only one to know their secret." He didn't falter his calm appearance once. "Then your family moved, so why did Chris send you here to help them?" I ignored the question and stood, I was thirsty and walked over to the nearest refrigerator to find something to drink, opening it I froze as I stared at the open bottle in front of me.

I felt my body go rigid as the smell hit my sensitive nose, closing my eyes and taking in the sweet smell I soon pulled my body away and stood with my back to the doctor.

"I'm thirsty, do you have water?" I could feel his eyes in my back and soon I heard his footsteps walk into another room and then came back with an open bottle of water, with out turning around I placed my hand out and felt the bottle against my fingers. Quickly I chugged the water and then turned around, Deaton wasn't paying me much mind. Lydia was asleep and I was feeling the need to sleep for a week.
I stood in the bathroom just staring at my reflection, there was a huge difference that happened in such short amount of time. I was mad at myself for losing that one second of control, that one second where I would have went back ten steps when I had taken twenty steps forward. I was mad that I wanted it, I wanted the metallic taste to flow down my throat. I ran my tongue over my teeth as I looked in the mirror, my eyes were different now, red like blood. Closing my eyes I calmed myself but flinched when I heard someone fall into something causing a loud crash.

Quickly I left the bathroom just as someone ran out of the back door, I saw Lydia holding Deaton who had a gash in his arm. There was no point in chasing Derek, I knew where he was going. Turning I looked back at the two who stared at me, Lydia had wide eyes while Deaton still looked calm even though he had just been attacked by a wolf.

"What happened?" I asked looking at them, Lydia raised an eye brow as she titled her head.

"Your eyes, they were just red..now their yellow...and now they are your normal grey." I blinked and held my composer.

"Answer my question, what happened?" I looked at Deaton who was now standing with his hand on his arm.

"He woke up and freaked out, Lydia call Scott." Turning I walked out of the building before they could continue, I was going to get Derek and bring him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So you thought she was one thing, now you think she is another thing. Maybe she is BOTH. But not what you think?

Did I confuse you?

I hope so. =D

So glad you all like it.