Mason Jars.

3.

Willy. I had completely forgotten about the pudgy kid at the bike rack. I grab my home phone once I got back to the farm and dialed his number. He answers, though I could tell that he was doing something physically challenging because I could hear him breathing all heavy like.

"Well, this is a bad time Glass. I'm in the middle of feedin' the hogs," Willy says. I sigh and shake my head.

"Right, well, I just wanted to let you know that I got Lily's number and uh that she wants to go hunting or camping with us. Uh, yeah, I'm sorry about not meetin' you, too 'cause I got caught up and shit. I'll talk to you later, alright?" And I hang up. Almost exactly on the five minute mark, Willy calls me back.

"I wa'n't done with you, Glass," Willy replied with an exhasperated laugh. I heard rustling in the background and asumed he was doing something for his mom.

"Yeah?" I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, anyway, when we gon' go campin'?" Willy asked, huffing at something that was physically challenging.

"The hell you doin', Willy?" I asked.

"One of the hogs is pregnant and she's startin' to have her piggies so I have to get my dad some stuff for it," was his response.

"Which one?" I inquired.

"The fat one, Rhonda. Dad says she's named after my aunt," Willy laughed hard then.

"Oh for fuck's sake. Well, I gotta go now. I'll tell ya 'bout the huntin' and campin' and shit when I figure it all out," and I hung up. I didn't really have to go, I just felt like calling Lily. And so I dialed her number.

"Hello?" Her sweet voice sounded in the receiver.

"Hey, Lil, it's me, Mason," I replied.

"I know it's you, silly. What's going on, Mason?" She questioned. I loved her voice like no other voice I've ever heard. It made me feel like my insides were ringing.

"I was wonderin' if you were serious about campin' and stuff," I said.

"Of course I am. I'd love to go," she replied.

"Well, I'm tryin'a put somethin' together, so I wanted to ask if you have any preferences about where we go or whatever," I stated.

"Nah, just some place with a swimmin' hole or a river or lake or something so I can go swimming," Lily replied.

"That narrows it down, then," I laughed. There was an awkward silence after that.

"Well, Mason, I'm gonna go. I'll talk to you later," she murmured.

"Right, sorry, I spaced out there. Bye, Lil, I'll talk to ya later," and just like that our conversation ended. I wish I knew how to talk right.