Status: Active

The Babysitter

Chapter 1

Matt moaned loudly as he emptied himself into his wife before collapsing on her. Usually after sex they would talk to each other saying loving things and how much they loved each other but not tonight. This wouldn't make the first night they hadn't said anything afterwards. They hadn't done anything like that for so long Matt couldn't remember the last time they did it.

With a sigh he pulled himself out before rolling off her looking at the ceiling. They were silent until Valary rolled on her side and sat up her face in her hand.

"How was that baby?" She asked.

Matt closed his eyes not wanting to talk. "It was great."

"Are you sure cause you don't seem happy." She said.

"I'm just tired is all." He said hoping she would let it go.

Valary sighed. "That's what you said the last couple of times."

"What do you want me to say Val?" He asked getting irritated.

"Anything other then what you've been saying the last few times and nights after we have sex." She said.

"Okay then." Matt said sitting up and slipping his boxers on before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Valary asked sitting up.

"I'm going to take a shower." Matt said shutting the door behind him.

Matt sighed as the warm water fell over his head and body. He didn't know why he acted so mean towards Valary. She was his wife and the mother of his child. He didn't know how, when, and why their marriage was falling apart.

They had known each other since they were young and eventually in their teens had taken their relationship beyond being friends. They had married and had a son River. When Matt found out Valary was pregnant he was ecstatic about becoming a dad.

After River was born it seemed like he had everything until River turned two then the marriage started going down. He no longer felt or looked at Valary with the love he used to have.

It was safe to say he was falling out of love with his wife. Now he only kissed her goodbye when he left for work not because he wanted too but because he felt like he had too.

They no longer went out on dates like they used too and when they did it was just awkward and uncomfortable.

Their sex life was suffering too they had tried everything to bring that spice and spark back to their marriage. They had done toys, handcuffs, whips, porn, hot wax, everything s and m related. Hell Valary had even brought in one of her friends for some threesome action.

But Matt didn't get off on any of it he would come but he didn't feel that afterglow satisfying you felt afterwards. Sex was another thing he felt like he did more because he felt like he had too more then he wanted too.

Matt felt the only thing that was holding the marriage together was River. Matt didn't want his son growing up without both parents or having to come stay at his house every other weekend.

Matt got out the shower dried off then put on clean boxers before exiting the bathroom. Valary was sleeping he walked over getting in bed his back towards her before pulling the covers up. He felt shifting behind him then a hand on his shoulder.

"Baby...

"Though you were asleep." Matt mumbled.

"I was but I wanted to talk to you." She said. "I'm sorry that it wasn't good for you."

Matt sighed before rolling on his back taking her face in his hands before kissing her lips.

"I'm sorry for being such an ass." He said. "I just got alot on my mind."

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked.

"No." He said.

Valary sighed. "Matt we haven't had a full conversation in a while we need to talk to each other if we wanna save this marriage."

"What do you want to talk about then?" He asked.

"I don't know how about going out tomorrow night?" She asked.

"We can't cause there's no one to watch River." He said.

Matt hoped she would change her mind it was true they had no one to watch River. There was only so long his and her parents could keep up with an energetic two year old.

His friend Brian had recently divorced for Val's twin sister Michelle and was vacationing celebrating being newly single and free.

"Lucky bastard." Matt thought.

His friend Zacky had a new girlfriend and was spending every moment with her. Johnny and his wife Lacey were about to celebrate their fourth anniversary. Matt envied him for managing to have a happy marriage for so long. Jimmy had broken up with his girlfriend and had gone on vacation with Brian. And Arin was out of town with his wife Kimberly traveling with their church group to help troubled youth.

The fact that three of his friends had gotten out of relationships and were now happy maybe that was saying something. He didn't remember seeing Zacky so happy till he got a fresh start. Maybe he needed one.

"Matt did you hear me?" Valary asked breaking him out his thoughts.

"I'm sorry what did you say?" He asked.

"I said maybe we could call a babysitter." She said.

"You want a total stranger watching our son?" Matt asked.

"She's got an ad in the paper and she checks out clean." Valary said. "No criminal record and no offenses."

"Okay so what's this babysitters name?" Matt asked still reluctant.

"Her name is Christine Brooks."