The Doctor in the TARDIS

The Light

Martha
Martha leaned over the Doctor and was trying to tell if there was any heartbeat.
Only one heart working.
She was glad she was there; nobody else knew what to do. There had been that light again, the brilliant bright light that she and Rose had come through. And now, by the looks of it, Donna was there too.
and Rose both knew Donna, so she wasn't a stranger to the TARDIS. She was helping out by flying the TARDIS and trying to figure out what had happened. Rose was learning from Martha and helping Donna at the same time. She knew just about everything there was to know about flying the TARDIS so she was a big help.
But Martha couldn't really do anything until the Doctor woke up and she could stop being a little shocked every time she tried to touch the Doctor. So she just stayed by his side, and hoped that the one thing she had gotten to do, which was see if both his hearts were working, would stay working.

Far away, in the Doctor's mind...
He was alone, not in the TARDIS or anywhere he knew. And he knew just about every place there was. He could feel himself, and see, but nothing else. It was dark. He felt a ground beneath him, but could see nothing. He didn't know what species this was, or why they kidnapped him, but he couldn't figure that out. When he tried to move chains stopped him, although he couldn't feel any walls, just the ground and empty space. He tried to get his sonic screwdriver out, but his coat was non existent and he couldn't feel any clothing on his body. And then there was that light again, that brilliant, brilliant light, of which he wanted so much. He tried to reach for it, but didn't get far. His chains stopped him from doing anything as far as moving. But the light did help, and he had a good look around where he was. There were no clothes on his body, and his chains seemed to come out of the ground. He was in a building, hidden behind a wall of some sort. The light was coming from behind it. He could hear voices, many, many voices, all a bit jumbled. Then he heard a voice above all the others.
"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the annual Meeting of the Prizes! As you all know, we all have different prizes worth all the money in our Galaxy! So, without further ado, the ones who have the Prizes will show you what they have to offer!"
And so he heard different voices showing off different things. He saw diamonds larger than you could imagine, things from earth these people had never seen, and much more. But he saw these things getting closer and closer until there were only 4 things left between him and the prize they were showing right then.
And he didn't even know who his 'posseser' was.
And it scared him.
♠ ♠ ♠
CLOSER