The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

There Could Be Something Outside Your Window

Wrapped once again in their work jackets, the Killjoys wired the bombs around Radke's property.

"Kobra?"

Michael turned to look at his brother.

"I'm all good, Party Poison."

Lyn-z pressed the button on the detonator and they all took a few steps back. The heat could be felt on their faces as they watched the once great mansion come tumbling down. Kristin hid her face in Michael's side as everyone pulled their masks and helmets on; Michael wrapped his bandana around Kristin's face to hide her identity. They watched the fire brigade try and put out the burning rubble. On Gerard's signal, they all fired their guns into the air, allowing bystanders and social services alike to see them, before jumping into a drain, running through the sewers to safety, screaming and whooping in excitement as adrenaline pumped through their veins.

...

Michael woke up as the morning light streamed through the blinds. He looked down at Kristin with a smile as he got up, slipping on some sweats and a tank top. He smiled at his family, all strewn around the room, still asleep. He sat awkwardly between Gerard's legs and turned the morning news on, hitting mute. As soon as he saw the headline story, he yelled, waking everyone up.

"This was the scene at rockstar, Ronnie Radke's house last night, minutes after a bomb rocked the neighbourhood. Firefighters tried to save the man from the burning rubble, but sadly failed. Multiple gunshots alerted people to what was thought to be a tribute to the Killjoy Clan. Enhanced photos, however, show that Chemical Heart, Party Poison, Kobra Kid, Kobra's Kill, Jet-Star and Fun Ghoul have indeed returned, opening a new reign of terror. Only three questions remain; why where there so inactive over the past seven years, who are they and who could possibly be next?"

Raymond and Franklin cheered and Gerard stood up.

"Battery City, your worst nightmares have just come home."