How to Love

Chapter 3

I ran/sped walk to the elevator and up to the bride and groom rooms. Lucky for me, it didn't take much looking. I heard laughter coming from the brides room. I let myself in to see the whole bridal party basically doing a shot.

I laughed and cleared my voice to let them know I was here; I didn't need the whole bridal party being piss drunk when they still had speeches to make and do their walk in. Drunk can wait.

"Food starts in 15 minutes which means you all need to get ready to make your introduction, I'm gonna go get everyone seated. Be ready in 5," I smiled as everyone nodded. I rushed out of the room, knowing that by the time I got back to the hall we'd have 5 minutes less time.

"Bridal party is at the door, make the announcement for everyone to go to their assigned seats," I told the announcer through my mic.

I smiled as I watched the bridal party do their goofy introductions. Every so often I would look to my left and catch Brendan's eye watching me. I tried not to let myself blush and focus on my job at hand; but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having a hard time.

Dinner seemed to go over well, as did everyones cheesy speeches and the first dances. Before I knew it everyone was out on the dance floor, having a good time. The moment when everyone starts to dance was always my favorite part of weddings - I loved watching all the drunk people dance like they didn't have a care in the world - it was funny and I was a tad jealous.

"Clara!"

I looked up to see Alexa stumbling towards me. I laughed to myself and stood up.

"Come dance silly, your jobs done; this has been the most perfect day I could have only dreamt of - now you can enjoy yourself too," Alexa slurred slightly as she pulled me to the dance floor.

When I said I was jealous of all the people dancing, I didn't necessarily mean I wanted to be out there; at least not sober. Everyone's drunk anyways, no ones gonna remember my ridiculous dancing

"I thought you said no partying."

I smiled before turning around to come face to face with Brendan who ditched his jacket and had a crown of glowsticks on his head.

"Alexa dragged me out here," I laughed, "You look like your having fun."

"I have training with my dad tomorrow so can''t have too much," he laughed, "I'm better now though."

"Oh really?" I smirked as a big grin spread on his face; the dance floor started to clear as couples formed when the first lines of Taylor Swift's 'Enchanted' started to play.

"Come on, it's T-swift, we can't just stand here," he said, holding his hand out.

I couldn't help the big smile and blush that formed across my face when I took his hand, "This is so cheesy it's disgusting."

"You're a wedding planner, cheesy is your job," he chuckled as we danced.

I shook my head, shutting up and enjoying the moment, "You can dance."

"My mom had be in figure skating with my sister for 2 years when I was younger," he chucked, "You know, I'm not gonna be able to leave tonight without your number."

I removed my head off his shoulder and looked at him, "Oh really?"

"Really," a cocky smirk formed on his face.

"Ooh bad news buddy, I only give my number to Americans," I bit my cheek to keep from laughing, wanting to see his reaction, "Maybe you can pass my number down to your American friend Alex?"

"Not funny," he said with a serious expression on his face, "I can be fake American too."

"Maybe," I said, pulling away, "I'm staying in Canada for the summer so I could use a tour guide?"

"I'm the guy for the job," he said.