Status: I would love more comments!

With My Life in Her Hands

Almost Better With Kisses

"It was a rose guided missile! All," Willow stops to make a sound with her mouth that sounds vaguely like a plane.

I grin at Willow's description of yesterday's spell mishap.

"Don't forget how you ran away afterwards," I continue to grin to show I'm not mad. "I'm almost hurt at how fast you ran."

"Well, how do I make it better?"

I pretend to think about it before deciding.

"A kiss," I declare.

Willow smiles at what I ask for.

"That's all you want? A kiss?"

I nod still smiling.

"Can I have a kiss?" I rephrase my demand almost sure I won't be denied.

Willow laughs and eagerly leans in.

"Do you think you have to ask?"

I go cross eyed trying to look into Willow's eyes.

I hear her snicker and pout at the Wiccan's laugh.

"That's not funny," I whine a little. "I want more kisses then."

Willow makes a small awww sound at the expression on my face.

"Is the poor baby begging for kisses?" She coos.

We're so close now I can feel our noses touch.

I nod leaning even closer.

"You can have as many kisses as you want," Willow says and finally our lips touch.

I really like kissing Willow.

I like how our lips glide and meet in perfect sync.

I like the way Willow almost hovers when we kiss with one hand always in contact with my skin.

One or both of us run out of air and gently withdraw.

Willow's kisses are addictive.

Kisses make everything better.

"Do you remember Giles?" Willow settles herself a little further away as she talks.

"He's your father but not father."

Willow smiles.

"I like that you listen. Do you remember anything else about Giles?"

"You feel really guilty not telling him about everything including me. It's normally just a case of forgetting."

Willow nods and smiles.

"You got it. I ran out yesterday to let the Scoobies know what's going on? Then Giles went missing and we were looking for him. Then we thought a demon took him and it turns out he turned into a demon," her face looks shocked like this isn't normal but I still feel a need to ask.

"Is this a regular day for you? Something happening that turns the Scoobies into Mystery Inc.?

Willow stops to think it though and I realize I have my answer.

"We're not just Mystery Inc.," she explains patiently. "We go all Ghost Buster sometimes but mostly Demon Buster? They should have a franchise for that too.."

Willow dissolves into babble that I don't really want to stop.

"-almost racist? Demonist? Why are only ghosts only worthy of a show? Why not demons too?"

When Willow stops to breath, I smile and only say one world.

"Willow."

She blushes and looks down at my sheets.

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I just wanted to make sure you could breathe."

Willow's grin is small but still there with some hair covering her face.

"More than Mystery Inc. Is what I was trying to say. We kill demons and apocalypses."

"There's a plural of apocalypse?" I ask shocked.

"I know right?" Willow answers agreeing. "I Iooked it up just to make sure."

"Do you mind the whole save-the-world thing?" The Wiccan asks.

I shake my head.

"No, it's fine. I just wondered."

"What else are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking on how to phrase it," I say a little tense.

"Should I be worried?" Willow jokes but her smile leaves when mine doesn't rise. "Should I?"

"Why are you able to stop apocalypses but not tell them about me?"

Willow looks up and seems to stare right into me.

"It's different," she stresses. "I'm saving the world and the Scoobies are all on the same side. I'm not sure they'll understand. I don't even understand. It's just better to be a secret right now."

"Nobody can know? No one can know about me? I'm not asking to be introduced as your girlfriend. I would just like to know the people you talk about so often."

Willow looks almost panicked at my words.

"Are you upset? I don't want you upset. I don't want you sad. Does not knowing them really bother you?"

Willow looks so torn that I don't want to answer.

"Honestly?"

Willow's face crumbles a little more when I ask.

"I want to know the truth."

"I just feel so hidden," I can already feel my eyebrows wrinkle and sigh. "I just so feel temporary when we talk about your friends and I know I'm not involved. Do you not want them to know me?"

"It's not that," Willow protests and comes closer. "I do. I just like it being only us too! I like not needing to share you. Don't you?"

"I get lonely," I confess. "It's amazing having you but I do want to meet some of your friends. I don't mind not meeting Giles or the ex. I don't," I persist. "I'd just like to meet Anya."

"Why Anya?"

"She understands about males and being more human."

If anything that troubles Willow even more.

"You are human..to me," she amends.

"I just would like to meet your friends."

"I'll try," Willow promises and holds my hands like they're made of glass.

"I just need more us time. Right now, I just want to concentrate on us. Can we wait a little later for you to meet them?" She pleads.

I nod a little disappointed.

"Are you upset?"

"A little," I answer honestly.

Willow smiles.

"I'll make it better," she says leaning forward.

Then I feel soft lips brush against mine.

I was wrong before.

Everything's almost better with kisses.

Almost.