Status: I would love more comments!

With My Life in Her Hands

Are all sleepovers like this?

Our hands are entwined loosely crossed in a gentle grasp that allows me to feel her warm skin.

I try not to focus on the way each step makes on their concrete as we gather closer.

We are so close our shoulders seem to bump into each other at every footstep the other makes.

While we are silent, Sunnydale is not and I hear the slight wind blowing and the faint honk of those machines humans drive.

I hope I never have to ride in one of those contraptions.

The slight fear must show on my face as I feel more than see Willow's stare.

Her nimble fingers squeeze my hand strongly: not to hurt but to comfort.

It's very different from what I'm used to.

I like it.

The wiccan's voice pulls my gaze from our hands to her face.

Her pink lips are lifted into a small size and large captivating almost hazel eyes get my complete attention.

"Are you nervous?"

Her voice is a perfect blend of high and low with just enough sweetness to put me at ease.

I nod in confirmation at her gentle questioning.

Willow's head turns to the left to see my face completely leaving fire red strands to dangle a little past her neck.

"You don't have to be nervous, Briar. Everything'll be fine," she says this all with a smile on her face that makes me want to believe it's true. "They might be all you've-never-been-to-a-sleepover and you'll say no and Xander will say something that'll confuse you but make you smile while I watch smiling at your smile."

I can't help smiling at the exquisite detail in her prediction.

"Just like that."

Willow's smile answers mine and I watch her face become closer as we lean forward.

A small touching of lips before we draw back like having only one Hershey kiss instead of the whole bag.

I open my eyes not knowing when they closed.

"What do we do at a sleepover again? I just want to know a little more."

Willow gives me a small smile before looking at the ground and continues to walk forward.

"There's not much to worry about," slender shoulders continue to bump into mine as I feel more than see the redhead shrug her shoulders. "We'll mostly be sleeping this time, I think."

"Then will we need sleeping clothes to sleep in or will we not?"

I ask thinking of my clothes left in my dorm.

Already wide eyes open further as she realizes what we're missing.

It seems that Willow and I are not the only ones to notice we are missing something.

"What about sleeping clothes? Xander won't let me sleep naked if you all are there. He'll say we can't have sex even if I want it."

Anya announces this to the Scoobies as if this is a huge grievance on her part.

Sex must be very important to her if she feels comfortable enough to talk about it so much.

All of them except Xander and I wrinkle our noise and furrow our brows at the honesty of Anya.

I imagine I'm the only one with no response because I don't know how to respond.

Lying is bad and she told the truth so isn't that good?

If she didn't say that though it would omission which isn't lying but telling an incomplete truth.

I am getting so confused.

Giles stands right beside Buffy with his arms crossed almost leaning to the right of her.

"Yes, I did believe some of us had forgotten something."

The fierce expression on the blonde's face lessens until it disappears and I can see that same girl I gave the get well basket to for Willow.

"Yeah, we should probably do that."

Buffy says this with a sheepish expression on her face: hazel eyes appear vast with embarrassment entangled in the golden brown depths.

I feel Willow's hand still in my own as I hear her light voice.

"Briar and I will stop at my house. It's on the way."

She doesn't even give the blonde time to say anything.

This fragile human is quick to tug me along as we almost run further.

"Be careful!" is her parting words.

"We should keep sharing. I could get used to this...seeing you in my clothes."

Willow whispers this in my ear and I shiver at her breath and the feel of silken strands against my skim.

I glance back at Willow feeling my lips turn upwards into a small grin.

"Naughty," I whisper back almost inaudible.

Willow's grin is bright and make her eyes light up like the sun.

My grin upgrades into a smile and I look down at the 'pajamas' I'm borrowing.

It's my first time not wearing a skirt and I feel slightly awkward feeling the cotton against my legs.

They pool a little at my feet and the top ends at my palms not the wrist.

I imagine I don't look like I'm drowning in the pajama set designed like the night sky: blue sky with white stars all over.

Buffy seems comfortable on the other side of the couch as Willow and I sit closer to the left.

I'm supposing Xander's hideout is actually his home that's partially underground.

It's small and crowded with objects and people but it's his space not mine so I won't judge considering my dorm.

The room is quaint but most of the Scoobies are thinking or talking so it seems even more so.

"Giles, you can sleep here."

Xander says this lifting a plastic looking seat closer to the bed and sofa.

"After this, who wants to play truth or dare because I have some serious questions!" Xander announces as he sets the seat.

As he stands back upright, Giles seems to be a little agitated from such close quarters as his arms are closing close to his chest and all muscles tensed.

"I am a mature adult unlike most of the people in this room. Doesn't it seem a bit juvenile to procure a game of Truth or Dare at this moment?"

"C'mon Giles. Have a little fun."

Xander calls out to him and the older man turns raising a dark brown eyebrow.

"Fun? Fun is reading a good book with a decent cup of tea not trading secrets like a bunch of grade schoolers."

Both eyebrows raise now at the younger one's idea of fun.

Giles hastily adds another bit of knowledge to our host.

"Might I also add that I refuse to sleep in that cheap beach ball you call a chair."

He eyes the clear contraption with such loathing I think it might burst in flames.

Pity.

"What's wrong with my chair?" Xander asks loud in what I suspect is offense.

"What isn't wrong with it? What isn't wrong with this place?" Anya retorts from the bed.

The room quickly becomes a myriad of too loud voices.

I turn my head away from the scene feeling it tilt to see Willow's face in my curiosity.

"Are all sleepovers like this?"

Her fawn colored eyes look wider in either embarrassment or shock as perfectly white teeth gently bite a slim bottom lip.

"Not exactly."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! It's near Christmas so I have an idea. I've been thinking of doing some one-shots for the followers who love Briar/Willow for the holidays but I want to know if you think I should. Give me your opinions in the poll or reviews and let me know!

P.S. It would be my Christmas present to you! If you don't want it, it's fine and let me say happy holidays!