Status: I would love more comments!

With My Life in Her Hands

Shaking Instinct

"Can we go to your dorm? My friend's having some relationship issues and you still haven't told me about that necklace," Willow said having thrown away her coffee a few minutes ago.

"We can," I say a little nervously glancing away at the empty hot chocolate cup to Willow instead."If you want," I amended.

"I want," Willow nodded eagerly and dragged me out of the Pump.

"So what should I expect?" Willow chirped after walking a few blocks away.

"Sunlight." What else was there to expect? This part of California normally receives much of the sun's rays.

Willow laughed a little and shook her head making her hair dance like flames.

"No, your room," she clarified. "I already know today is supposed to be sunny."

What was there to expect?

"A bed," I calmly begin."Textbooks, clothes, shoes and decoration," I finish listing,

Willow tilts her head to the side and raises an eyebrow,

"Nothing else?" Willow prompted.

"Plants and herbs," I continue truthfully."A book or two of spells. It might seem a little cluttered but it's mine," I finished earnestly staring into Willow's eyes and their lightness in the sunlight.

I had nothing more to say. There wasn't anything else to add. It was a room with the necessities I needed and belongings to make it feel safe. It wasn't anything extravagant but not completely plain. It is hospitable. It is mine. The concept is very simple to grasp.

It was almost silent on some of the walk to my dorm. Willow seemed pensive with her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. What was troubling her so? The same eyes that grabbed my attention earlier were deep in thought. I will wait for Willow to speak.

I didn't have to wait long.

"I was wondering if we could do things...you know...magic things," Willow said lowering her voice a little. "Cause I can't stop thinking about the laundry room," the redhead explained. "You're a great person," Willow looked at my grin and trails off.

"I'm talking too much again?" She guesses and a small grin appeared on Willow's face.

I don't answer but I can feel my smile widen.

Willow brushes again painting her cheeks that rosy hue I like.

We're close to my dorm now. Hers was a couple buildings away. Other students hurriedly scramble to class. Others sit on the grass eating put of a basket. I hear multiple voices and both genders from what seems like all sides here but at least it's not so loud.

"My building is here," I say stopping at the entrance. I open the door and Willow thanks me before coming here.

My door is three doors away from the front door on the right.

I unlock the door and let Willow enter again first.

I wonder what Willow sees that's different from me.

Fairytale lights light up my otherwise dim dorm. My window is still covered in night colored fabric. The walls are no longer only beige but covered with pictures I had found. One was a clear shot of a luminescent full moon and the others were landscapes. The bed was relatively small with a dark comforter, black silk pillows and a quilt the same shade of white as the moon. My cluttered desk was covered with multiple books: magic texts, textbooks, etc. It was not like the average dorm I believe but it made the room comfortable.

Willow stood quietly in the middle of the dorm seeing everything for the first time.

"You may sit on the bed," I said disturbing the silence in the dorm. "You had questions that I will answer."

We both headed towards the bed. I sat leaning against the wall while Willow sat staring right ahead at me with both legs crossed and covered in jeans.

"You asked about the necklace," I began. " The gemstone itself means healing and helps easing broken hearts."

Instead of looking at Willow, I studied the aquamarine necklace.

"I do not know what happened to my mother. I know she was beautiful," I briefly glanced at Willow before switching my gaze back to the necklace. "That in itself lead to her leaving. Eura said her name was Rosalia. I am her namesake."

I took a breath to continue.

"Eura raised with my mother. The bloodline didn't accept my mother because she was so different from them: in appearance, ideology and more. Eura said she came home one day to find me crying and my mother gone. Eura had given my mother a necklace like this," I said handing it to Willow so she could have a closer look.

"There are legends that some of our blood came from the water. Time has forgotten her name but not her story. She loved this gem and was renowned for always wearing it around her neck. Eura thought my mother was like the first in beauty and brains so she gave her a aquamarine."

"Was that why you wanted it? To be closer to your mother?" Willow questioned hesitantly.

I nodded.

"I don't like this topic though," I announced after a second. "It makes me sad. We can do magic later though," I said trying to change the subject. "Eura gave me magic books we can use if you want."

Willow nodded eagerly happy even at the mention of spells and magic and books.

She is very endearing.

"I can do some research on spells," Willow was quick. "I can't wait. I mean we were so-"

Suddenly, Willow began shaking. Her eyes widened in alarm and I realized that the redhead wasn't shaking but the room itself. A pale hand grasped my wrists as the trembled increased and I stumbled with her. Books are shaking and the absent sound of crashing makes the whole room seem eerily reminiscent of the Gentlemen.

The warm hand pushed me into the closet and Willow followed after me not shutting the door.

Because of the black drapes, my room is always a little dark. The closet is even darker. I feel cotton and hardness against my back. Warm hands hold me against the wall of the closet. The tremors just as suddenly as they began ended. I dared not move.

I felt overwhelmed in this space: afraid to even breathe too loud. Silky smooth skin was touching mine and a lithe body pushed against me. A warm sensation kept hitting my scalp and I looked up.

Willow's eyes further pinned me to the closet.

I couldn't breathe and my heart felt like it was about to give out.

She was so close. Our breath even mingled in the same air. I exhaled and it quivered in the air.

Willow was so close....

It was still dark...

I could feel her...

"That was close," Willow said breathily.

I took a deep breathe and slowly breathed out.

"Thank you. Why did you save me?"

Willow's eyes were so intense when she stared into mine. They were a mystery now no longer as tame but still not wild: a coffee like at the Expresso Pump.

"It was instinct like breathing."