Status: I would love more comments!

With My Life in Her Hands

Closet Recall

Willow was so close...

She is so slender...

We were so close...

I absentmindedly touch my lips feeling soft skin...

What do hers feel like? Do friends do that? I am utterly confused in the best of ways with my new friend Willow. When I close my eyes, I keep seeing Willow in the closet.

I feel the hot air near me. I feel soft skin touching skin touching mine. I can hear the tremors from before. My heart still races but is slower without the tangible Wiccan. I see almost strawberry blond hair darkened into a bloomed red rose.

Her darkened eyes are following mine and I start to wish I'd have leaned forward. Would it have been like on the television in the lounge? Closed eyes? Relaxed?

Though I am calm, I feel anything but relaxed on my bed. The earthquake from earlier has made me question everything. The shower hasn't calmed me like I wanted. Instead, it had ruined my controlled ringlets and created a frizzy mess of curls that are growing more tangled by the minute. I hadn't even bothered changing out of my bathrobe after the shower.

What is Willow thinking?

Are we still friends?

Will she still visit?

Knocking on my door interrupts my thoughts. I muse about not answering but remember someone could use help. Someone could need me so I must go.

I hurry to the door with my bare feet barely in touch. I open the door and am happy to see Willow. She is covered in a long brown coat with pale hands encased in pockets. Willow smiles at me in a wide smile showing every white tooth. Her eyes dance as the Wiccan sees my face.

'Nothing has happened,' I remind myself. 'She's still here so be happy.'

"I am happy to see you," I say slowly grinning. It was one of the first phrases learned and the first time I can say it.

"Hey, Briar! Are you busy tonight? There's a party at Porter Hall and I don't wanna go alone. I mean if I'm by myself, hello no fun and Buffy couldn't come right away so come? With me?" Willow specified still smiling at me.

"I don't know," my grin fades seeing it is nightfall. The lights in the hallway are always turned on at night in my building.

"There are demons out and I don't want you to go by yourself,"I say thinking out loud.

"Come then," Willow implores eyes watching mine. "I don't want to go by myself. My friend Buffy is busy for a while and I don't want to go alone," she pleads.

I don't have to deliberate much after that.

"I will go then," I say without thinking. I don't want anything to happen to my new friend so I will go. "Come in," I say opening the door wider. "I need to change."

Willow didn't hesitate to come inside. I was glad that there was almost no tension between us. Her soft footsteps were almost silenced on the carpet from the college. I would've loved to keep watching her but I had to change. I grabbed a few pieces out of my dresser and walked into my closet.It was darker in here at night leaving only outlines of what's inside.I grabbed some clothes and dressed myself as quick as possible.

I left the closet better covered than when I left. My bathrobe was left in a mess on the floor. By touch alone, I gathered my hair into a ponytail and pulled it away from my face. I hastily tied it back. This was as good as I was going to get for a 'party.'

"We can go," I say turning around seeing Willow almost right behind me.

I almost stumbled at the proximity. We were so close that I saw the jade flecks in otherwise fawn eyes. Those flecks were almost invisible to the naked eye but now I see them under the brightness of the fairy tale lights.

My throat suddenly felt dry like in the closet.

Does Willow know what she is doing?

I didn't dare try to find the answer. I stumbled to the left grabbing the dresser to keep my balance. I took a breath to calm down and spun feeling my hair hit my back.

"I thought we were going to a party," my voice seemed to bring Willow back to Earth from wherever she was during our encounter.

The redhead hastily nodded putting slim hands in her pockets. "Yep, we're going." We hurried to the door and I locked it to ensure no human got into my possessions.

"The necklace," Willow said gesturing towards my neck.

I nodded. Yes. There is a necklace around my neck.

"I like it...on you...,"Willow basically breathed the compliment and I admired how softly her blushes began and looked against pale skin.

I smiled.

On impulse, I grabbed her hand and felt a shock. The lights flickered a little at our skin to skin contact. That reaction would never bore me. Willow didn't even pull away at the response.

"I like you," I announced probably a tad too loud. "I am happy we are friends."

Willow smiled wide showing her teeth and her head kind of bobbed in place in thanks.

The movement made my own smile grow.

We both started walking to the door and it wasn't until we were outside that the thought hit me.

What are parties like anyway?