Sequel: Who Will Fix Me Now?
Status: Complete :)

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

Chapter Three

Oli's point of view:

"Alright, Grand Master Syko, I told you one of my embarrassing stories. Tell me one of yours," Josh tells me. I bite my lip as I brace myself for the torment I'll be receiving after this.

"A couple years back, I was acting in a school play. I just so happened to be on ecstasy and shit myself in front of the whole school," I mumble, hoping he didn't hear me. Much to my dismay, he did hear me, and he was trying to hold back a laugh. I could hear him. I feel heat rising to my face as I look away, not really wanting to meet those gorgeous eyes of his.

Nice job, Oli. Out of all stories, you decide to tell that one.

I sigh quietly, and Josh calms down.

"Hey, I'm sorry for laughing, you gotta admit that's kinda funny," he tells me, trying to make me feel better.

Yes. It's funny even though I got made fun of it for months. It's funny even though it's another thing to add to the list of reasons why people bully Oliver Scott Sykes.

"I guess it is," I lie and turn to face him with a fake smile. He smiles back at me, that beautiful, award winning smile that's to die for. I'd do anything just to see him smile...

"So, what do you wanna do now?" Josh asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. I usually only go to Alex's or Jack's house. I don't think they've been here before," I answer him. He only looks amused when I say that, so I make a face.

"What?" I whine.

"It's just that you were so excited about me coming over to yours and you don't even let Alex and Jack come over."

I feel heat rising to my face again so I look away.

"Was that a blush, Oli?"

"N-no."

"You sure?"

"Mhm."

Apparently he didn't believe me because he grabs my hips and spins me around so I'm facing him.

"Dude, you're totally blushing," he says as I look down at my lap as if it's the most fascinating thing in the world.

"Fucking wanker," I mutter, but not really caring if he heard or not. Well, I kinda did...

"Your favorite wanker," Josh says cockily. I look up so I can roll my eyes at him, even offer a little smile. He smiles back at me.

"You're not pissed at me anymore?" he asks.

"Nope," I answer him.

"Good."

Then we're left in silence, but it was a comfortable one. I've gotten so used to the quiet, I flinch when the door opens and I hear a voice.

"Guys, dinner's rea- Hey, hands off my brother."

I blush again as I realize that Josh still has his hands on my hips. He smiles at Tom apologetically as he takes them off. He stands up and reaches a hand out, which I gladly take and pull myself up.

We follow Tom downstairs and into the kitchen where Mom is putting food on the last plate. I notice that it's salad, so it must be mine. As she turns around to put the plate on the table, she sees Josh standing next to me and smiles at him.

"So, Oli, you gonna introduce me to your friend?"

"Uh, this is Josh," I answer, a slight blush creeping onto my face for maybe the millionth time today. I've talked a lot about Josh around Mom, Dad, and Tom before, and I was quite relieved when it turned out that they thought it was cute rather than wrong or disgusting like a decent portion of the students that attend my school. So that's why her reaction doesn't surprise me (but also kinda does because he was right there.

"Oh, Oli! I knew you guys would get together!" she cheers with the happiest smile as she sets my plate down at my usual seat.

"Mom, we're not together," I mutter as my blush deepens.

"Oh."

"Yah."

I sit down in my seat, Josh and Tom sitting next to me.

"Where's Dad?" I ask Mom.

"Boss had him stay after."

"Okay," I answer as I start collecting the leafy food onto my fork. Tom nudges me gently, and I turn to face him.

"Did I walk in on something?" Tom whispers so Mom and Josh don't hear.

"No," I reply, using the same tone.

"Are you sure? It looked like something."

"Tom, you know I'd tell you if it were."

He nods and smiles at me so I return it. He turns back to his hamburger helper so I turn back to my salad.

After dinner’s done, Josh says that he should start heading home, much to my dismay. He says bye to us all and heads to the door. Before he could pull the door open, the door already opens, revealing my dad. Dad stares down at Josh blankly.

“You are?” he asks him.

“Ian, this is Josh Franceschi!” Mom cheers, and I mentally facepalm. Josh must think we’re all fucking weirdos now.

“Nice to finally meet the lad!” Dad smiles now.

“Uh, nice to meet you too, but I really gotta get home now,” Josh says, so Dad steps aside and Josh walks past him. Dad steps in, closing and locking the door behind him.

“You guys are so embarrassing!” I cry now that Josh is gone. They only laugh at my misery, so I pout.

“You know we do it ‘cause we love you,” Mom tells me as I turn to head upstairs.

“Yeah, sure,” I mutter as I approach my bedroom door. Tom slips into my room just before I get it closed.

“Tom, you wanker!” I whine at his uninvited appearance.

“Oli, you twat!” he retorts. I roll my eyes at him as I plop down onto my bed. He does the same next to me.

“So how’d you guys become friends?” Tom asks as he rolls over to face me with a blank expression.

“He just came up to me at my locker, said hi, then asked if I wanted to hang out,” I answer him, and he smiles a bit.

“What’cha smiling about?”

“I think he likes you, Oli,” Tom tells me, and I can’t help but blush slightly.

“N-no, he wouldn’t,” I mutter, causing Tom to frown.

“Oli, shut the fuck up, okay? You shouldn’t be surprised that another boy likes you. I mean, you’re awesome, nice, and this may sound weird as hell coming from your brother, but beautiful too.”

I let what he just said sink in: that did sound weird coming from my brother.

Since I don’t wanna piss him off anymore, I decide to just say, “Okay. I’m sorry.”

But that makes him sigh too.

“You always apologize when you do nothing wrong.”

“Sorry.”

“Oli, shut up and go to sleep, okay?”

“Okay. Night,” I smile at my brother. He smiles back at me and my eyes shut, and before I know it, I’m asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Idk, kinda a filler, but has an important detail in it, you could say??