Sequel: Who Will Fix Me Now?
Status: Complete :)

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

Chapter Four

Josh's point of view:

My eyes snap open when my alarm starts blaring from next to me. I turn it off and lay in bed for a little while longer, thinking about yesterday. Oli's family acted so surprised and proud when they learned my name, so I'm guessing that he talked about me a lot. I didn't think he liked me this much. Should I carry on with the plan..?

Josh, don't you want Rachelle back?

Oli will be okay. He'll be okay.

"But be good to him, he's kinda fragile," Alex's words repeat themselves in my head. I ignore them though, because I need this plan to work.

I sigh as I get out of bed and prepare for the day, which is pretty much what you do every morning when you wake up. Since you know what that is, I don't have to go into detail.

I say bye to my mom before jogging down to school, going to my locker when I get there. I get what I need for the day, but then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Jack smirking at me. I raise my eyebrow, telling him to tell me what the fuck he wanted.

"So Alex told me that you liked Oli," he says, and I mentally face palm. You can count on Alex to tell other people who I like and don't like.

"Of course he did," I sigh.

"I can totally get you two together! I mean, you guys would be so sweet!" Jack smiles at me. I smile back at him. It could speed up the plan a bit so I can have Rachelle back sooner.

"I guess you can do what you wanna do," I tell him.

"Good," he cheers before walking away to do God knows what. Probably to start whatever plan he has in mind to get me and Oli together. I chuckle slightly as I close my locker, lock it, and head to class.

<><><>

Now it's lunch, and my friends haven't yet gotten to the table. That means I have time to spy on Rachelle, which I've been doing since my ass first hit the seat I'm currently sitting on.

I watch as Rachelle talks with her friends, them occasionally giggling at something one of them said. I pout. I miss Rachelle so much...

"Hey, Josh," Oli mutters shyly as someone sits next to me. I look to see Oli looking a bit nervous.

"Hey, what's up?" I smile at him.

"Jack told me that you liked me," he speaks shyly, quietly, nervously, and doesn't look at me.

So this was Jack's plan?

"Yeah, well, he wasn't lying," I lie, and I feel quite guilty when I see the blush creep up onto his cheeks. He finally looks to me, and I risk a quick glance at Rachelle, who was looking over at the two of us curiously. Perfect. I look back to Oli.

"You actually do? Like, me out of all people?"

I frown as he says that. What was that supposed to mean? He's very lovely, anyone would be lucky to have him.

"Of course, Oli. And I heard you liked me too," I reply to his question. He blushes again.

"Who told you?"

"Alex told me, but I knew even before he did."

"Was it really that obvious?"

"Yeah, you'd always stare at me and blush and look away when I caught you."

That makes him blush once again.

I've never seen a boy blush this much.

"Oh," is his response. We're silent for a moment, both of us waiting for the other to say something first. I was about to open my mouth, but then he did instead.

"So, um, will you go out with me?" Oli asks shyly, and I nod. He smiles at me, and right then, Alex and Jack come out of nowhere.

We're they seriously listening to us? Kinda awkward...

"See, Oli?! Told you he'd say yes!" Jack cheers.

"Shut up, you wanker," Oli smiles at him.

"We could totally go on a double date one day!" Alex suggests happily, and Jack nods like it's the best thing he's ever heard.

"Yeah! When?" Alex asks as he looks to me and Oli.

"This weekend?" Oli asks me.

"That works for me," I smile at him, and he smiles back at me.

I can't help but love his smile.

<><><>

Oli's point of view:

I can't help the huge smile on my face as I rush into the house on a hunt to find my little brother. I find him up in his room, doing homework. His head snaps up and turns to look at me when he hears me come in. He's frowning, but that frown is replaced with a smile when he sees my expression.

"You seem really happy," Tom says proudly. "Come sit and tell me."

He moves his homework aside as I sit on the floor next to him. He leans his head on my shoulder as he waits for me to start.

"Jack told me that Josh said he likes me, like, as more than a friend," I start, and I hear him chuckle, followed by "I told you so."

"So then at lunch I brought it up and he said that it was true, but I was so surprised that he'd like someone like me and wanted someone like me and I was just freaking out on the inside. Then he said that he found out from Alex that I liked him but he knew before Alex told him because I made it obvious and I thought that was so awkward but then I asked him out and he said yes and I- oh my gosh I'm so fucking happy, Tom?'! You have no fucking idea!"

"I can tell. The last time you rambled on and on about something it was about you and Alex meeting," Tom says happily. "I love seeing you so happy. I could really get used to this. Oh, are you telling Mom and Dad?"

I nod, they'd love to hear this. Shit, I'm just glad that they supported me through this whole thing. Yeah, I'm definitely telling them!

"Good. Oli, as much as I love seeing you like this, I gotta do my homework."

I nod and he gets off my shoulder and I get up, waltzing out of his room and into mine.

Best fucking day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't help but feel a bit guilty after writing Oli talk so happily about him and Josh :( next update should probably be soon :)