Sequel: Who Will Fix Me Now?
Status: Complete :)

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

Chapter Five

Josh's point of view:

<><><>we're skipping to Saturday guys<><><>

I rang the doorbell and waited patiently for it to open, which seemed to open almost immediately. There stood Oli, dressed on what he usually wears everyday. A black Slipknot hoodie, black skinny jeans, Vans. Can't blame him, I'm wearing what I usually wear to school. I mean, we're only going to the movies anyways. He's wearing a happy smile which seems to be happier when he sees me. I smile back at him.

"You wanna come in?" Oli asks me, and I nod. He lets me in and closes the door behind me.

"So, we waiting on Jack and Alex?" I ask him as I plop down onto the couch.

"Mhm," he hums as he sits next to me.

"What movie we going to see?" Oli then asks. I don't even know, because Jack claimed the right to pick out what movie we're going to see. I tell him that, and he nods. Then Tom comes down.

When he sees me, he motions for me to follow him into the kitchen. I get up and follow him into the kitchen. He turns to me when he's sure that Oli can't really hear. I have a feeling that he's gonna give me that 'hurt my brother I hurt you' bullshit, since he hasn't seen me all week.

"Let me tell you something," Tom starts, and I internally groan. "Oli's been talking about you ever since he first saw you. He would talk about random things like your hair, your eyes, your lips, basically anything that popped into that little head of his. Then he'd finish off with saying that you were too good for him, you'd never like anyone like him, you know, things like that. We always had to try and convince him that you'd actually be lucky to have someone like him, but he's stubborn, so I honestly don't know how that worked out. Then earlier this week, he came home with you. He looked really fucking happy, so just imagine how happy he was when he came home the next day and told me that he found out you liked him back and said yes when he asked you out. I haven't seen him without a smile on his face ever since. Point is, Oli's the happiest he's ever been, and it's because of you."

I then feel guilty for what I've done. But there's no turning back now. I mean, when I have Rachelle back, I'll be glad I did it?? Maybe I'll just forget about it?? I'm just gonna not think about it. I mean, I haven't even made her jealous yet. If she's not jealous, she's not gonna want me back.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Tom speaks again.

"So you hurt my brother, I hurt you."

<><><>

I'm now walking Oli home since our date's over now. Jack, of course, picked out The Fault In Our Stars. I was okay with it because Oli seemed really excited about it, and I learn that apparently he's read the book a thousand times while I haven't even touched one. He kept crying during the movie at parts he thought were cute, so imagine how he was when Gus died. I have to admit, I almost cried a bit when he did, almost.

Now, Oli's fanboying about how perfect that movie was (which is honestly really cute), how cute Hazel and Gus were together, then cheekily said that we could be Hazel and Gus, you know, minus the cancer and Gus dying.

When we get to his front door, I turn to go home, but he grabs my hand and pulls me back. I turn to face him, looking down at him quizzically.

"You wanna come in?" Oli asks. I actually kinda do, but Elissa, my sister, really wanted me to hang out with her tonight. I smile at him.

"I'd love to, but I gotta get home."

He looks really disappointed as he says, "oh, okay."

I smile sympathetically at him.

"How bout I come over tomorrow. Or you come to mine tomorrow?"

Oli smiles at that, and he nods.

"Great. Well, bye, Oli," I say before I turn to leave. He looks disappointed again but returns it anyway. I'm confused as to why he looks that way, but I shrug it off and walk down the street.

Oli's point of view:

I watch him leave, disappointed. Maybe next time I'll get a kiss?

Yeah. Next time, maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have not seen tfios yet, only read the book a thousand times :( but people have said they cried during cute and sad parts.