Sequel: Who Will Fix Me Now?
Status: Complete :)

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

Chapter Eight

Josh's point of view:

I flinch when my phone alerts me of a text, an unexpected one.

"Probably Oli," I sigh as I grab it and look at it.

It's not Oli,

Or Jack or Alex.

It's Rachelle.

Rachelle: so I heard you got urself a bf...

I can't help but smirk at that. My plan might be actually working now.

me: Yeah, his name is Oli.

Rachelle: wait… u mean oli sykes??????

me: Yeah

Rachelle: ew ur dating him?

me: Ew?

Rachelle: yas!

me: He’s not ew, Ray, he’s beautiful

Rachelle: wtf josh you could do so much better

me: What do you mean by that?

Rachelle: u kno wut nvm. ttyl.

me: Okay, bye…


I smile a bit to myself as I shove my phone back into my pocket. My plan is working quite well from what I’ve just seen. Rachelle’s jealous, and now all I need is for her to admit it, give me a reason to leave Oli for her, I’ll accept it, and I’ll break it off with Oli and hope he’ll still want to be my friend (and get my ass kicked by Tom too).

A few minutes later, I get another text.

I pull my phone out again and see that this time, it’s from Oli.

Oli: Your ex just texted me .-.

me: What did she say?


When he replies, they’re pictures. Pictures of text messages. I look at the number at the top of the pictures, and I recognize the number as Rachelles. I then read the pictures.

Rachelle: boy.

Oli: Um, who’s this?

Rachelle: rachelle. so i heard ur dating josh

Oli: Yeah.

Oli: How did you get my number anyways?

Rachelle: i got it from ur bro when he was on his way home

Oli: Oh. Okay.

Rachelle: ya. i just wanted to warn u

Oli: What?

Rachelle: can u not read boy

Oli: Yeah, I can, I meant to ask what you were talking about…

Rachelle: watch ur attitude

Oli: I’m not having one…

Rachelle: fine watevr. but still i wanted to warn u.

Oli: About what.

Rachelle: josh is gonna tak me back.

Oli: No, he loves me. He wouldn’t do that.

Rachelle: dont u find it weird dat he got with u right after me and him broke up

Oli: No

Rachelle: alright but dont bitch and cry when he does leave u and get with me bc i told u so :)

Oli: Think what you want, but Josh’s over you and is happy with me now. Delete my number off your phone, I don’t want anything to do with you. Have a nice life.


I bite my lip anxiously as I read over the conversation. Rachelle knows me too damn well. What’s Oli gonna think when I actually do break up with him for her?

He’ll be okay, right?

Yeah, he will. I wasn’t lying when I told Rachelle that he was beautiful. He’s also sweet, caring, and everything people look for in a lover, so another guy would be lucky to have him. Oli deserves better, anyways.

I quickly type up my reply and hit send.

me: Don’t worry about her, Oli babe. You’re right, I’ve moved on, and I love you. I’m happy with you <3

Oli: I love you too, love <3

me: I’m sorry she said all that to you.

Oli: Don’t be. I know you won’t leave me for her, so I have nothing to worry about :) Tom wants to introduce me to a friend of his, so I’ll see you tomorrow?

me: Of course, love. Bye


I turn off my phone and shove it back into my pocket.