Big Baby

Out and About

Everyone was staring at Garth.

He clung close to Keith, feeling exposed in nothing but his nappy and plastic pants. Not caring that it would just aggravate the issue, he popped his thumb in his mouth and sucked. Keith chuckled and rubbed his hair, before producing a bright red dummy to match his plastic shorts. He was me with a pleading look, but pushed it in Garth's mouth nonetheless. Garth clutched the teddy in his hand despondently. Keith had tucked him up in two diapers, and the bulge was very obvious under the pants. They'd only been out for an hour, but Keith said they were going around town all day. Garth had a sinking feeling that the double layer of diapers was to keep him from leaking: it was only eight A.M., and he already needed to wet badly. That, combined with the thickness of the two diapers, made him toddle noticeably. A girl Garth knew from his work was heading over, and, seeing the recognition on Garth's face, Keith tickled his bare torso. About a quarter of Garth's bladder flooded the diaper before he managed to staunch the flow, and he squirmed in his squishy prison as the girl, Adrienne, approached. She almost squealed with delight.

"Garth Richards, is that you?!? You look adorable, Are you his Daddy?"

Keith nodded. "Yup, he's my pride and joy. Do you know him?"

"Yeah, I work with him when he's big."

"Well, hi, I'm Keith. Garth, honey, say 'hi' to the nice lady." Keith gently pulled the dummy from Garth's mouth.

"H'lo, Adie..." Garth muttered, humiliated.

"Can I take some pictures?"

"Be my guest."

Adrienne pulled a disposable camera from her bag and snapped a whole roll of film. Garth with a bottle, Garth with the dummy, Garth sucking his thumb, Garth cuddling a teddy to his naked torso. He posed reluctantly. She thanked Keith thoroughly and they went on their separate ways, Adrienne promising to babysit. The rest of the day was a long series of humiliating but negligible events. Garth absolutely dreaded work the next day, and he was right to.

The rarely-visited library bookstore had soundproof wooden walls as small children were prone to making a racket. Adrienne had gotten the film developed and was sharing it with the two other workers, Sadie and Max. They didn't even try to hide it, and Max walked right up to him and yanked his pants down to see if he was wearing diapers. The trio howled with laughter when they saw the two layers, and Garth's face flushed red.

"So that's why you always wear a flannel around your waist!"

"Wait! Guys! I have an idea!" Sadie ran off, and returned a few minutes later grinning. "Okay, Mrs. Finnegan said we can keep him like this. I said it would bring people in. Hey, Garth, got any baby stuff in your backpack?"

He did indeed. Five blocks, his teddy, a dummy, an undersized blankie, two bottles and two changes of diapers. One of his diapers was unstrapped, and Max grinned and said "Now we have five changes. Here, Garth, I'll get some milk from the Civic League room, the book club always has coffee."

So Garth sat, playing with blocks, until Max got back. Sadie, who was tall, cradled him in her lap and fed him the bottle. He managed not to wet till it was just a few minutes to closing. Unfortunately, that meant he was dressed and sent home on the bus with a squishy diaper. Keith was delighted too hear the news, but he kept Garth in his wet diaper the rest of the night.

It was a very good thing Garth didn't know what would be happening the next day.