You Got Me Burning Like Fire!

Chapter 6

Sean’s Pov

I got more curious about Gavin’s new crush. I wish he could tell me who she is. I hope everything goes well for both of them. I want Gavin to be happy. I know Gavin will get together with his crush. I don’t even know who I want to date really. I needed to go out more. But by myself? No, that’s not cool at all. I’d like to go with Gavin because he could organize a double date or something…
Speaking of Gavin, I just got a new text message from him. That was a surprise. He told me that he won’t be working at the record store for a few weeks because his holiday started today. That was nice to know. He also wanted to see me today. I didn’t expect that. I thought Gavin was too busy getting with his crush? But now when I think about it, I felt that I was important to Gavin. He could have gone to see his crush but he wants to see me instead? It made me happy. Gavin really wanted to spend time with me. I texted him back and asked when and where we could meet. I didn’t have to wait long for his reply. He asked if I could come over in an hour and I said yes.

***
I got in the car and smiled. I put Limp Bizkit’s My Generation on and started the car. I sang along to the song while driving around Cardiff. I stopped by some store and bought a chocolate bar for Gavin. I knew that Gavin couldn’t resist milk chocolate…
Soon I got to the street where Gavin lived and I drove to his yard and parked my car. I got out of my car and walked to the front door. I didn’t have time to ring the doorbell because Gavin was already opening the door for me.
“Hi buddy!” Gavin greeted me with a hug. It felt so nice. Once he pulled away from the hug, I gave him the chocolate bar.
“Thank you so much for the gift.” Gavin smiled and then he invited me in. My jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe what I saw.
“Wow your house is amazing.” I said. Everything looked so classy in Gavin’s house. His house was even bigger than mine.
“Thanks. I saved some money to get this all.” Gavin chuckled.
“Yeah and I bet that your crush would love to live here too.” I said.
“Well I think so.” Gavin blushed a little and looked away. That was strange.
“So have you told her yet?” I asked curiously.
“No. I’m not sure how to tell her though.” Gavin looked nervous.
“Wait, you’re nervous?” I raised my eyebrow.
“Yes. It’s not that simple you know.” Gavin sounded uneasy.
“I’m sorry Gavin. I shouldn’t ask about it all the time. I was just thinking if you start to date her then you can take me to a double date?” I asked hopefully.
“I don’t think so… I mean, it’s not a problem at all. But first I have to know if she even likes me. I’m not sure about that.” Gavin told me.
*Oh okay. I understand but it would be better if you plan a date with her right?” I suggested.
“Yeah I should do that but I think it’s too soon.” Gavin said.
“You just met her right.” I mumbled and Gavin nodded.
“I wish I had a crush too. I want to dream about someone. I don’t know where to find nice women after that club disaster.” I admitted.
“It’s not easy. When I saw her for the first time I just fell for her. I can’t get her out of my mind. I might not have a chance with her but I’ll try and sometimes it’s the best if you wait for a while before you tell your crush. I should get to know her better first.” Gavin bit his lip nervously.
We sat in the silence for a few minutes. It was getting awkward and I just stared at the floor. I didn’t even notice when Gavin got up. I was thinking about my life, oh how much I wanted it to change. I didn’t want to be single.

Suddenly someone put a bandana over my face so I couldn’t see anything.
“Hey! What are you doing?” I asked. Gavin told me to stand up and span me around a few times and I almost got dizzy. Then I heard him walking away from me.
“Try to find me.” Gavin called somewhere from the room. I walked slowly around the room and tried to locate Gavin.
“Fuck!” I cursed when I hit the door. Gavin laughed so hard and I almost got him but he was too sneaky. Then I felt him wrapping arms around my body.
“This was fun Seanny.” Gavin whispered and licked my ear. What? Did he actually do that? Or was I imagining it…
Gavin took the bandana off my face and smiled widely.
“That was gay…” I looked at him suspiciously.
“Sorry about that.” Gavin giggled. I think he’s gone crazy. I just shrugged and asked him what we could do next. He suggested a movie that I haven’t seen before and I went to get some popcorn and drinks for us while Gavin put the dvd on.

I sat down on the sofa and Gavin sat beside me. We started eating popcorn and we had a bit of fight because there was only one bowl. Soon Gavin owned the bowl for himself and I leaned closer to get it. Gavin put the bowl away and tickled me. That fucker! I giggled so hard and then he made me to sit on his lap. Gavin wrapped his arms around me. I tried to get away from his arms but it wasn’t easy. This was getting gayer. Then I looked at the tv and I swear that was a mistake. A gay sex scene came on and I felt myself blushing and I turned away. Gavin laughed and let me out of his embrace. I ran away from the living room. What the hell was going on? I heard Gavin shutting down the tv and him calling me. I was in the bathroom looking myself from the mirror. I felt so strange. Soon Gavin found me and he looked at me apologetically.
“I’m sorry for shocking you Sean.” Gavin said truthfully.
“Yeah… what was that all about?” I asked.
“I don’t know. I guess I was just having a laugh that’s all. I have showed that film to all of my friends and they all freaked out.” Gavin told me.
“Well that’s interesting. For a moment I thought you were gay.” I raised my eyebrow.
“No I’m not gay. Sorry if I acted that way. I won’t do that again.” Gavin said. That was too obvious. Was he really gay though? He told me about his crush who was a girl? This is getting confusing. Gavin was my friend and I thought he was cool…

“I guess I’ll be going now. Thanks for the company…” I said awkwardly and rushed to the door. I was about to get in my car but Gavin ran after me.
“Sean… I hope we can still be friends and hang out.” Gavin said hopelessly.
“I’m not sure… you were acting so weird and I think something’s up.” I looked at him annoyed.
“Please Sean. Okay, the truth is… I don’t have a crush on anybody at the moment.” Gavin told me.
“What?” I stared at him in disbelief.
“Yeah I know that I lied but…” Gavin started but I cut him off.
“You fucking lied to me? I thought you were my friend? I wanted to hang out with you! And now you act weird all day and… I can’t stand it! You’re just like anybody else who I’ve been friends with! I’m done with people like you!” I screamed at Gavin and then I got in the car and drove off as fast as I could. I didn’t care about Gavin anymore. He was a twat like everyone else back in Merthyr Tydfil.