Just One Yesterday

I'm Just Dreaming Of Tearing You Apart

I shot up in my bed, the silk sheet falling away from my body as I tried to take deep breaths. My eyes scanned over the dark room until they landed on the alarm clock that sat on my night stand. It read 12:45pm.

With another large breath, I climbed out of the bed and made my way over to the closet. I pulled a shirt off the hangers, and grabbed a pair of boots. Then I moved to my dresser and grabbed a pair of shorts and clean underwear. I pulled on the clothes before walking into the bathroom to fix my make up, and pull my hair into a messy bun, along with put a bandana in it.

Once I was completely dressed, with my shoes on my feet, I grabbed my phone from the charger and left the room. I could hear the boys all getting along down in the kitchen, talking things through about coming out and making a new album. Things had changed amongst them over the past few years. It was all different. Including us. We've all changed drastically.

After I was turned, we continued hunting. Pete continued searching for the people who did this to us, he vowed to take revenge. Patrick, Andy, and Joe weren't too happy about that; and in the end they ended up leaving because of it. Pete and I stayed for the warehouse for a few months, going on nightly hunts to protect people from those like us.

Although, that didn't last long. Soon enough Pete found them, the ones who made us this way, and he killed them. All of them. After that everyone disappeared. There were no more attacks on humans, and everyone seemed to mind their own business. It was like Pete and I were the last two of our kind. So we kept to ourselves. We packed up all of our things and moved out of the warehouse that we all once called home.

Pete's entire demeanor changed after he killed them. It's like he wasn't a monster anymore; but we both knew that we were monsters. We would always be monsters. Except now, Pete wasn't so focused on tracking them down. He was more focused on us. How we would survive, and how we were going to stick around for each other, and be together.

We were completely on our own for a few years, and it was wonderful. There were no worries, no problems between the two of us, and the church continued supplying us with holy water, so we could continue drinking the special blend that Patrick had created for Pete in the first place.

Since then we've been living happily. It was two weeks ago when Patrick contacted us, about getting everyone together. Yesterday was the day that he, Andy, and Joe came to visit so we could all hang out and catch up. They began discussing working on a new album, before they started having a few drinks and all ended up passed out in the various guest rooms throughout the house.

Now here we are.

"Look who finally decided to wake up." Andy chuckled, seeing me walk around the corner into the kitchen. I smiled lightly before walking over to where Pete was standing, and place my arms around his hips. "Morning, all." I smiled, looking around the group of boys. "Damn, I still can't believe how much you've changed Lyndzee. I honestly figured I'd come over here and see that same little girl, with blonde hair, and no tattoos; but here you are all grown up. Brown hair, and covered in tattoos. I just....I can't believe it." Joe chuckled.

"Yeah." Patrick agreed, "It's like leaving home when you have a little sister, and then coming back home and she's all grown up, and different. I mean you look beautiful, don't get me wrong, I love the way you look....It's just so different." I couldn't stop myself from laughing a bit at their comments before looking up at Pete who had a look on his face that made it seem like he agreed with them. "You know, you can't help it when time passes, you just get bored of having only one look. That and when you live with a man who's covered in tattoos you can't help but want some too." I shrugged.

"That's understandable." Andy laughed from where he was sitting on the other side of the island, where he was sitting on a bar stool. "See! He knows!" I pointed, faking excitement, "So what all do you guys have in mind to do today?" I asked after a minute of silence.

The boys all looked around at each other, before all shrugging their shoulders and just mumbling about how they don't know. I couldn't stop myself from shaking my head before moving to grab a bottle of juice out of the fridge, "Well I have to go to work at some point, so you guys can do whatever I guess." I shrugged, undoing the bottle cap before bringing the bottle up to my lips.

"Wait a second, you got a job now?" Joe actually seemed shocked that after all these years, I actually have a job. "Yeah. I work at a small bookstore in town. I have to go in around five, and will be working until about eight- thirty to help close up. So I should be home around nine thirty at the latest." I explained to them. "Pete, can I uh, talk to you in the living room for a minute?" I questioned, pointing over me shoulder.

He silently nodded before walking out of the kitchen and coming with me into the living room. "What's wrong?" He asked immediately when I turned around to face him. "Pete, I don't know if it's a good idea...having them around so much right now." I sighed, "I mean I love them to death, they're still my brothers no matter what, but I had this dream last night. It wasn't a normal dream either...it's like I was tearing them apart. Like literally tearing them apart."

You could hear how shaky my voice had become upon talking about the subject of last nights dream. Pete immediately stepped closer to me, and wrapped his arms around me. "Hey now, I know a dream like that can be scary; but I know that you would never do anything like that to them. Remember, that's not what you are. You are not that kind of person. We all trust you here, all of us. I know that you're not going to do anything. We'll have you drinking more of the blend, and if it gets the point where you feel like you'll hurt any of them, we'll get you away from. But we trust you, everyone in this house, we all trust you." He said, placing his hands on my cheeks.

I felt his thumb come up under my eye, and wipe away a single tear that had fallen away from my eye. "Don't you worry about a thing, alright? We all love you, we all trust you. We're going to take care of you, no matter what." He said lowly, before leaning down and pressing his lips against mine. "We'll all get through this."

"I love you, Pete. I couldn't imagine going through this alone. I don't know what I'd do without you here." I whispered, resting my head down on his chest. I felt his arms tighten around me and his lips pressed onto the top of my head, "I would never let you go through this alone. I promise. I'll always be here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyndzee

Well you guys, this is a continuation of I Set My Clocks Early, Cause I Know I'm Always Late. I hope you guys all enjoyed this chapter. I know a bunch of you read the two-shot story that I wrote a while back, and now that I've heard their new album, I have a new inspiration to add this. I hope you all enjoyed it. I'll try to post again soon.