Sequel: The Guardians
Status: prequel of The Guardians. Only updated when I don't have ideas for Breath of Life.

Child of Wolf

Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart

“How long have you two been up?” Tahlia yawns as she walks into the living room where Derek and I have been in since we got home from school yesterday. “You guys do realize it’s 5 in the morning on a Saturday.”

“Perfectly aware of that mom.” Derek says, barely looking up from the cheesy horror movie we rented.

“To celebrate surviving our first week of high school, we’re having a cheesy horror movie marathon,” I explain to my best friend’s mother.

“You guys haven’t been asleep have you?”

“Nope.” I reply with a smile. Tahlia just laughs before leaving the room and heading into the kitchen, probably to start making coffee.

“Next time, movie marathon is at your house.” Derek states, “your parents don’t question our motives.” I just laugh before curling up next to Derek and continue to watch whatever movie we started. I don’t remember the title, just that it was cheesy as all hell.

**

“You suck!” I yell as I watch Derek shooting hoops. Derek looks at me, confused.

“I thought best friends are suppose to support you?” He questions, “this isn’t supportive.”

“I don’t do ego boosts, Hale!” I laugh, “so if you want one find another adorable girl to give them to you.”

“I like to see you do better.” He says before making a shot and missing the hoop.

“You know me, I don’t do sports.” I remind him, “I’m a nerd, my people don’t do physical activity. We’re happy staying behind our computers and watching our Doctor Who. I just like making comments to piss you off.”

“It’s not working.” He smirks.

“Are you sure about that?” I return the smirk. “I kinda want to see you wolf out.”

“No you don’t.” He states, “I might attack you and I’d never be able to live with myself if I did.”

“You wouldn’t attack me, “I confidently say, “your mom never went after my dad.”

“I don’t have as much self control as she does.”

“You’d be surprised, Der.” I smile. “You’d be surprised.”

“You put way too much trust in me, you know that?” He asks as he comes over and sits next to me on the porch stairs. “That much trust could get you hurt.”

“I’ve got to trust you for the both of us,” I point out, “Derek Hale, I know you better than anyone else. Even if you wolf out, you’d never hurt me. Animal or not, best friends overpower rage. Someone’s gotta anchor you.”

“So you’re my anchor?” A smirk on his lips.

“I’d like to think so Der-bear,” I laugh, “I’d like to think that I’m important to you.”

“Of course you’re important to me, Stacy.” Derek tells me, “you’re my best friend.” He puts an arm around me and pulls me closer to him.

“Ew, Derek, you’re sweaty.” I say trying to squirm from him but it’s no use; he’s stronger. He just laughs before finally letting me go as he gets up off the stairs and goes back to his basketball and hoop...
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy

comment&subscribe?