Sequel: The Guardians
Status: prequel of The Guardians. Only updated when I don't have ideas for Breath of Life.

Child of Wolf

Let's get on it, believe if you want it

I walk outside and head towards our normal lunch table; a spot we claimed only 4 weeks ago. I get closer to the table and see Derek staring at someone. Following his gaze, I see the girl from my English class, Paige, doing her homework. A sigh escapes my lips as I head towards Derek.

“Word from the wise,” I begin before sitting down across from him, “girls rather you talk to them than have you stare at them.” Derek looks up at me, glaring. I just chuckle before taking a sip of my iced tea. “Why don’t you talk to her? It’s a lot better than potentially getting the creeper rep for the rest of high school.”

Derek doesn’t say anything, only goes back to eating his lunch, occasionally looking up at Paige. I just roll my eyes as I see Peter walking towards us. “I thought you were banned from coming here.”

“You can’t ban a guy with a face like this.” Peter says, motioning to his face.

“You’re nauseating.” I state as he steals a fry off my plate. He pops it into his mouth before giving me a smirk.

“What are you doing here?” Derek asks, giving his uncle his full attention.

“Can’t an uncle come visit his nephew?” Peter looks at Derek feigning a look of pure hurt. I just roll my eyes as I sip my drink.

“Normal uncles, sure, but not you Peter.” I point out, earning a glare from the elder wolf. Before I could say anything else, the bell rings. “I’ll see you in class.”

“Are we still up for studying for Chem tonight?” Derek asks, “I could really use the help.”

“I’m sorry, I can’t.” I frown, “I’ve got to watch my cousin Scott and his best friend tonight. Both of their parents are working late tonight. Sorry.”

“It’s fine,” he says frowning a bit, “have fun.”

“I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” I tell him, “I’ll come by your house early tomorrow morning and we can do a cram session.”

“Throw in your amazing omelettes and we have a deal.”

“See you tomorrow Der!” I smile before running off before I’m late for class.

**

“Ok so is your homework done?” I ask the two boys in front of me, “because both of you know the rules, no movie if your homework isn’t done.”

“It’s done, Stacy.” Scott whines, “can we please watch Teen Wolf now?”

“Why would you want to watch that cheesy werewolf movie?” I ask but put the movie in anyway.

“Werewolves aren’t real so I’m sure they’re not offended by this,” Stiles points out. I just smile at them before curling up on the couch with each boy on either side of me. These are the moments I live for. For these brief hours a couple nights a week, I’m a normal girl; not a girl who runs with the wolves...
♠ ♠ ♠
Stacy

comment&subscribe?