The Library Scene

Welcome to The Library Scene

I was standing at a shelf looking for a Harry Potter book, not having any luck, when a very noisy and obnoxious voice interrupted the peaceful silence.
"Come on James! We need you, no. I need you to be on the team!" Then the most popular girl on the Cheerleading squad squeaked in her high pitched, bimbo blonde, naisily voice.
I sigh and continue looking. Then I heard it. The voice that haunts my dreams, and saves me from my nightmares. James's deep, smooth voice.
"I'm not joining the Cheer squad. I don't care if it'll get me a scholarship. I'm sticking to book club. For one it's safer. For two, it makes you smarter; which you obviously need." He said, quietly because the librarian had shooshed them.
" How dare you. I'm not even a real blonde, so you can't call me stupid." She objected, too loudly, causing her to get kicked out of the library.
James walked up to the front desk, asking where a book was. The lady behind the counter; very flirtingly might I add; led him down the same isle I was in. I took in a deep breath and tried my hardest to ignore James as he walked past.
"Here you go hotty, er, sir." The woman said, hurrying away back to the front desk.
"Hey ___, what book are you looking for?" James asked, tapping my shoulder. I jumped slightly, turning around.
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." I say, looking at the shelf again.
"Oh, it's right over here. They moved the books over a shelf because of the new addition." James said, pulling a book off the shelf from a space that was right next to where his book came from.
"Oh. Thank you, James. What book are you reading?" I ask, trying to ignore the fact that his hand slid over mine when he handed me the book.
Before he could answer, we heard the loud, little kid squeal of the newest member of the Cheer squad ask for James. Just as I saw her turn around, a book blocked my view.
"He-" I was cut off by James's hand cupping my chin, and pulling my face towards him. My eyes locked into his beautiful blue ones. His dark brown hair was starting to get shaggy, and was slightly uncombed. His face got closer, and his eyes closed at the same time mine did. James's free arm wrapped around my waist. Before I could process what was going on, our lips connected.
Forget the silly romance stories. Forget fireworks and sparks flying. It was like the calming peacefulness of being under water. The feeling of being weightless, and like you're floating. My breathe caught in my throat as he deepened the kiss slightly.
We broke apart when the sound of a booking smacking the floor, followed my a sharp, and loud gasp. When our lips separated, it felt like I had broke the surface of water, and cold reality hit me hard.
"WHAT THE HECK?!" The Cheer squad girl shouted, running out of the library.
"Whoa." Was all James said, bending down to retrieve his dropped book. Somehow I had managed took keep ahold of my book.
"Say, ___, do you want to be my girlfriend? I've liked you for a while, but you've always been so lost in your books, and not very talkative. I've been afraid to interrupt you." He said, fiddling with the cover of his book.
"I'll be your girlfriend on one condition, James." I smirked.
"What?" He asked, very confused.
"Tell me what book you're reading." I say. After saying it, I realized how nerd like that sounded.
"The book after the you're reading, my little book worm." He laughed, pulling me into a hug.
We stayed together for the rest of High School, got married, and had 3 kids. Our life was fully complete with a perfect house, and many books that we wrote; which had received multiple awards.