I'm Broken

Chapter nineteen

Tish's POV
"What are we going to do with her? I don't think there is room at the institute, sir." One of the men from the Mental Institute of Elk Forest said to the driver.
"The boss said to bring her in, and she'll find a place for her. Her friend, the scary one, said he'd take the baby if it lives. Everyone else thinks that we're taking her to the hospital. The guy said to just go ahead and take her to the facility. He really cares for her, and wants the best for her. " The driver said.
I just laid there strapped to a stretcher listening. Chris told them to take me. Im glad he did. I rather be in a looney bin then a hospital.
" Didn't he say something about her being terrified of hospitals and would go completely insane if we brought her there while she's in this condition?"
" Yeah. No hush. Just because she's in shock doesn't mean that she can't hear us. I don't want her to feel like she's being thrown away. She is being sent to Elk Forest for her benefit. We're here." The drive stopped the car, got out, and opened the back door. His kind face appeared in my line view and smiled at me. I felt the straps loosen. I blinked, and started to panic a little. I wanted the straps to stay on. Im scared that I'll try to hurt someone. I've been to Elk Forest before. I lost my mind the first time I came here.
" Hey, it's ok. Calm down. Im loosening the straps because they were too tight. It's ok. I work here as one of the care takers. The boss said I could take care you. She said that you needed a familiar face. From what she told me, you've been here before, right?" I looked at him with more focus, and nodded slightly. I refused to talk, or show any emotion. Chris will take care of my baby, and keep it safe. Shay will be taken care of by Zayn and the others. That's all that matters. The two things I care about the most are taken care of.
I was rolled into the facility, and the boss greeted me. The other guy that came with my care taker left, and I was taken off the stretcher. I waked down the familiar corridors with my care taker and the boss on either side of me, holding my elbows to ensure I wouldn't fall. They both knew I enjoyed being here, no matter how scary the other care takers and therapists are.
"I see you made good progress up until he came back, my dear. I'm sorry that you're back here. I saved your old room, and got you the same are taker, even though you two don't remember each other. Jerry, I'm surprised you don't recognize her. " The boss said in a motherly tone. No one knows her name, not even the care takers.
" She's changed a lot, Boss. Now that I've actually seen her eyes, and the way she walks, I remember her. Poor thing." Jerry sadly said. I remember him now. He's the one that told me I pregnant by the change in my eating habits. I had been a patient here right after the incident that got me pregnant.
" Let's leave her be for a while. Chris is here to sign the papers that put her in our custody again.
" Why aren't the girl's parents here to do it?"
" They kicked her out of the house, and gave all custody to Chris. No one knows about that except me, Chris, her, and her parents, other then the court." They left, and I sunk slowly into familiar, comforting darkness.