Status: I'm new to this

Glad I Saw You

The conference

*AMANDA*

"Hello mrs. Macke please sit down" a man spoke.

"So why are you here?" Another man asked.

"Well I think I am capable to be a General Manager for the Colorado Avalanche. I know the hockey game. I have passion for the game, I know the rules the teams the players and the stats - I think I have what it takes. And yes I am a woman and I think I am capable to do so." I smiled

"Hmm any experience?" The man asked

"Yes I worked for MANY OHL/AHL hockey teams. I also went to McGill for business and have a masters and stuff" I said as I showed them my papers.

~*~*~*~*~

"Ok we'll thank you and we have your cell phone and we will call you if you got the job. Have a nice day" the man said as he opened the door. I think the conference went pretty well..hopefully I get the job.

"Ok thank you" I smiled as I walked out. And as I walked out and closed the door, someone was waiting and smiling like a little child. MATT. As soon as he saw me he had a smile on his face. Oh man that smile made my heart flutter.

"Wow so you really stayed and waited for an hour or so" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yupp. How did it go?" He asked

"Good at least I hope. And thanks for waiting" I smiled

"Oh no problem. I actually wanted to maybe like...like maybe.. Get your number" he blushed

"Oh yeah sure." I smiled,I handed him my phone and he handed his. We typed in our numbers and gave our phones back.

"Ok well I guess I'll see you around Matty" I smiled as I walked away.

"Wait Amanda!" He called and I turned. He remembered my name!

"I wanted to ask..like maybe of you were free, maybe we can go out to dinner something" he asked blushing and looking down at his feet.

"I mean unless your busy or just have a boyfriend or some-" he said
"No I'd love to. My place at 7:00 address is on your phone" I winked as I walked away,

"Oh ok sure see you then!" He smiled.

"Bye matt" I spoke as I walked back to my apartment. I still can't believe he asked me out! Unless this is a like friends thing.

I think this could be the start of something good.