Status: I'm new to this

Glad I Saw You

Home Opener

*AMANDA*

Tonight was the home opener for the Avs. It is currently 6:50 so the boys are worming up because the game starts at 7:00. I was sitting near centre ice. The Avs were versing the Bruins.

Matt skated by and winked at me which caused me to smile and blow a kiss.

"Love you" we mouthed to each other.

***
Matt was skating fast and Chara wasn't too far behind him. Chara checked matt hard into the boards ... A dirty bad hit. Matt dropped to the ground and wasn't getting up. Gabe skated over to matt and so did the refs. My heart stopped. Gave helped matt up and it was no use the medics came and brought him off the ice. I was about to scream and cry.

The crowd clapped when Matt got up or at least tried. I ran over to where Matt was taken with tears welming in my eyes.

"I'm Amanda Duchene and I NEED to see my husband right now" I said as tears where forming.

"Ok but mam Matt I'd already on his way to the hospital" the security replied.

"Oh my ok thank you anyways" I said as I ran out to my car. I drove and rushed to the hospital.

***

"Amanda Duchene. I'm here to see Matt Duchene my husband" I sniffed.

"Ok room 106" she replied as I thanked her and ran to room 106.

I entered the room and found Matt asleep. The doctor was also there.

"So what has happened to Matt?" I asked the doctor worried.

"Well when he got hit his leg hit right into the boards. He is ok but sadly can't play this season or at least before the season" He said.

"Oh my ... Thank you doctor" I said as he walked away.

"Oh Matt what have you got yourself into" I laughed to myself as I sat in a chair beside his bed and played with his hair.

*MATT*

I looked over to my side to see if anyone was here. Amanda was.
She was fast asleep and I was playing with her hair.

"Morning babe" she yawned

"Morning" I smiled

"How's your leg?" She asked. I didn't want to bring it up. I mean my leg psshh it was fine, I still think I could play - at least I really want to. But maybe it's for the best I mean Amanda is pregnant and I need to be with her...I mean she is carrying twins. Besides the baby's were coming in March or something.

"Oh uhh fine" I said

"What a dirty hit" I heard she mumbled to herself.

"So are you hungry?" I asked

"Yeah kinda. I'll go get the food so what do you want?" She asked.

"Doesn't matter thanks baby" I said. She walked out of the room and came back with food.

"Thanks" I said as she kissed me quickly.

***2 days later***

I was finally released from the hospital, I could still walk but it hurt badly. Amanda drove home and helped me to our room.
I layer down on the bed and she layed down beside me.

"So I'm guessing your going to spend most of your days up here?" She asked

"Ya" I signed

"That's fine with me" she winked.

"Hey Mel called she said that Gabe and herself would stop by quick .. Also I think they are bringing Luke" I said

"Oh ok that's fine"

***

"Hey Gabe, Mel and Luke." I said as I waved to all of them.

"Hi" they all replied. I know Gabe and I could tell something is wrong.

*AMANDA*

I said hi to Gabe, Mel and Luke. I could tell Mel wasn't herself and something was wrong.

"Uhh mommy, daddy I'm going to go watch a movie ok? Uncle Matt is setting it up for me" Luke smiled

"Sure thing honey! THANKS MATT!" She yelled.

"No problem" Matt said as he walked and joined us outside. Luke was watching a movie.

"So turns out I was actually 3 months pregnant...with a boy" Mel said as she starting sobbing and hugging Gabe, I could tell Gabe was upset also.

"Oh congrats guys. Why are you so sad?" I questioned

"You could tell them Gabe" Mel sobbed

"Tell us what?" Matt asked worried

"Well so the doctor told us the gender we were both so excited until...he told us our baby died." Gabe said as tears ran down his face and Mel was still crying.

"Oh guys I'm ... I'm so so sorry" Matt and I spoke softly.

"Hey but the same thing happened with us. They could have a mistake" matt mentioned

"Nope we waited a couple of days and well they already did everything" Mel sniffed.

"That's why I was so off my game" Gabe frowned

"Mommy daddy! Why you so sad?!" Luke said as he ran outside.

"Oh sweetheart-" Mel started

"You parents are just a little upset about something" Matt said

"About what?" Luke questioned

"Uhh something" I said

"No I think we should tell him now" Gabe said and Mel nodded while her head was still buried into Gabes chest. Gabe was playing with her hair and rubbing her back - trying to make her better.

"Well you see...Mommy and daddy were going to have a baby. A baby boy - which means you would be a big brother. But then something very bad happened and your little brother passed away. So he is heaven now" Gabe said holding back the tears.

"What! So i don't get brother" Luke said as he ran over to his parents and hugged them.

"No I'm sorry Luke" Gabe said pushing back his blonde hair.

I felt so bad for Mel and Gabe. They didn't deserve this. Eventually Gabe and Mel left, Matt and I tried our best to make them feel better and we insisted for Luke to stay over so Mel and Gabe could go on a date.

"So Luke whatcha want to do?" I asked

"I dunno" he shrugged

"How about we play some game or something?" Matt suggested.

***

Matt was absouloutly amazing with Luke. He was going to be an amazing father and I can't wait! We all fell asleep with Luke beside Matt.

"How are you guys?" Matt whispered rubbing my belly.

"We are good." I smiled

"Good" he smirked

"How's your leg?" I asked

"Better" he replied.

We didn't want to wake up Luke so we went to bed and matt hugged Luke and I hugged Matt.