Spellbound

Intruder

It wasn't long before Carly felt him.

The neighborhood decided that if the weather wasn't going to change, then they weren't either. From where she stood, she could see her neighbor with his Bulldog making their way down the street towards her house. Bruno's threatening bark could be heard and suddenly thunder clapped, a bolt of lightening following close behind.

She could tell the Beast was standing outside, and had just raised it's ugly head.

He stood right before her first step, a small smirk playing at his lips before he turned towards Bruno. Carly heard Bruno yelp in fright at the man, as another bolt of lightning flashed. Carly could see the fear in Mr. Porter's eyes as he tugged at the bulldogs leash. The bolt of lightning enhanced the dozens of shadowy figures and suddenly they were gone.

Carly exhaled a deep sigh of relief, although she knew this wouldn't be the last time the Beast would be at her door.

It wouldn't matter if she had changed her name, hair or even her body, the Beast in the trench coat would find her. They couldn't be easily evaded, and they were amazing at tracking down their subjects, and finding out anything about their subjects was easily obtainable. Carly had thought of that beforehand. Her house was paid off, left to her by her grandmother. She had no job, but managed a steady income, and if she needed food, she had it delivered. But even that option could be exhausted.

A few months passed without seeing, or feeling, the Beast and wearily, Carly began ridding the house of the minor protection spells, allowing some spirits to enter the house. The spirit world, she concluded was calm; which made her nervous. After the Apocalypse had been prevented, things really started to change. She was told of two brothers who had stood up to the angel Michael and the fallen Lucifer, refusing their vessels and how one of them courageously threw himself into Lucifer's cage to protect his sibling and ultimately the world.

Now heaven was unstable due to a rogue angel who helped prevent the Apocalypse. The world was going crazy and Carly was about to plunge headfirst into the chaos.

x x x


At eleven o'clock Thursday night, Carly pulled her car into the driveway. She had plucked up enough courage to convince herself that staying home all day, every day wasn't healthy and attended a meeting at town hall. It lasted longer than she would have liked, a small ping of caution sounded in her mind all through the meeting, but when she arrived home, began inspecting all the windows and doors.

She felt everything was in place, and unlocked the backdoor, dropping her purse and keys onto the kitchen table, letting out a deep sigh. Carly walked to the bathroom, undressed, and turned on the shower. As the steam began to fill the room, she let her dark chestnut hair tumble out of it's ponytail, before she grabbed a towel from the rack and got into the shower.

She became lost in the relaxing tranquility of her shower, and was unaware of the trespasser in her house. She didn't hear the door open and it wasn't until the curtain was pulled back, and Carly opened her eyes to see a young man holding a pistol in one hand and the curtain in the other, did she finally scream.

She forcefully pulled the curtain from his hand and yelled, "Who the hell are you!?", as she tried to cover herself up.

The man stammered out an apology, but not before blushing and quickly averting his eyes, "I.. I will be in the kitchen. I'll explain then."

Carly stared at the back of the man's head as he exited the bathroom. Clumsily, she grabbed a towel and wrapped it tightly around her body, and moved to the bedroom, rummaged through a drawer or two and as calm as she could muster, walked back down the hallway and into the kitchen.

He stood with his back to her, face buried in her fridge.

"Can you kindly tell me who the hell you are?"

As he turned, she took the items from behind her back, throwing them at him. He was slightly taken aback by the salt, which stuck to his lips, but when she sprayed him with holy water, his expression turned dark, "Alright already! I am not a demon!" He yelled, furrowing his brow at her.

"Then why are the hell are you in my house?"

She could hear him growl, "My names Dean Winchester... and I need your help."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image