Spellbound

Wings

Carly woke the next morning, the sun shining in her eyes, Led Zeppelin blasting through the speakers. She slowly opened her eyes, and saw the lush scenery blowing past the windows, Sitting up in the seat, she rubbed her eyes, and glanced over at Dean, "Where are we?"

"Missouri, tail end actually." He stated, looking over at her. His eyes were bloodshot and he had prominent five o'clock shadow. Carly nodded, and stretched, "Do you want me to drive? You look like you need sleep." Dean grunted, and using his free hand rubbed at his face, "No, that's fine. I'll get us a motel room." Carly nodded and turned to look out the window.

it wasn't long until the deserted country road led them into a small town. Dean pulled into the first motel lot he spotted. Carly's mouth dropped open and she quirked her eyebrow, there was no way she was going to stay in a dump that looked like a murders wet dream. The neon sign outside flickered, the paint was peeling and from where she sat inside the Impala, she could see the attendant's white shirt had numerous stains. "This is where we're staying?" Carly asked, crinkling her nose at the building. Dean chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Yes princess. Were you expecting the Plaza?" Carly shrugged and mumbled under her breath.

Dean exited his car, not before rolling his eyes and smiling, and grabbed their bags from the trunk. He unlocked the door and placed Carly's bag on the bed, his on the other, "Don't worry, we're only staying for a few hours, so I can catch up on sleep." Carly nodded, and sat heavily on the bed. Dean grabbed his toiletries bag and entered the bathroom, locking the door behind him.

"Mister Personality," Carly muttered to herself, pulling her bag onto her lap. She dug around the contents and removed a bright pink tank-top and a black pair of sweats, and placed them next to her, then her shower bag. She removed her weapons from their holsters and slid one under her pillow, and placed the other in her bag, zipped it and tossed it on the floor just as Dean stepped out of the bathroom.

Dean looked over at her, water dripping from his hair, "I should have let you go first."

Carly waved him off, "No, it's alright. You've been driving, you need sleep more than me." Dean nodded his head, "Well, thanks." He placed his dirty clothes in a bag and hung his towel on a chair to dry. Pulling the covers down, he climbed into bed, "Shower is all yours." Carly nodded and picked up her clothes, entering the bathroom.

x x x x


She exited the bathroom and placed her clothes to the side. Taking the towel from her head, she applied product to her hair and began to towel it dry. Dean let out a sigh, causing her to look up, eyebrows raised.

"Nice tattoo," He stated, pointing at her foot, "Anti-possession with a little flair. Nice, I like it."

Carly smiled and looked down at her tanned, tattooed foot. Precariously placed on her right foot was her favorite tattoo. Around the typical anti-possession symbol were outstretched angel wings. She wiggled her mint painted toes and smiled up at Dean. He smiled in return, and glanced at the clock, "Alright, well I'm going to bed." He sat up, turned off the light and rolled over.

Carly nodded to herself in the dark and gently sat down on the bed. She yawned as she adjusted her pillow and laid down; sleep taking her quickly.

x x x x


She was shaken awake by Dean, what felt like days later. She sat up, stretched and began gathering her things to repack. Unlocking the Impala, Dean checked out of the room and gave her the keys. Carly placed her things in the trunk, and sat in the passenger seat. Sitting there quietly, Carly froze when she heard the soft flutter of wings come from behind her. Turning in her seat, she jumped, surprised at the sight of a man. She slowly drew her gun from her waist just as the man took a spear-like object from his coat.

"You're not Dean. Who are you?" He asked, his brows furrowing in confusion.

"You're the one who just popped in. You first." Carly asked, not lowering her weapon. The man was about to speak when they heard Dean shouting, "Hey, hey! HEY!" They both glanced out the window to see him running towards the car, waving his arms. Carly slowly lowered her weapon, as did the man.

"Are you guys kidding me? In the middle of a parking lot, your going to have a shoot out?" Dean half yelled as he slid into the Impala. The man looked down at his silver blade, "I don't have a gun.." Carly furrowed her brow and looked over at Dean, who simply rolled his eyes, "It's an expression Cas. Carly, this is Cas, Cas.. Carly."

Her mouth dropped open, "Wait, your Cas? As in Castiel?!" The man smirked and bashfully nodded, "I've heard all about you." Again, the man smiled as Dean started the car, "What do you need Cas?"

"Nothing of import. Just thought I'd stop by. Say hello."

Dean smiled and shook his head.

'Who would have thought Dean Winchester knew how to smile.. and what a sexy smile it was'

"Have you heard of anything demonish going on in Colorado?" Dean asked, glancing in the rear view mirror at the angel as he pulled out of the motel lot. Castiel shrugged his shoulders and frowned, "No, I haven't heard anything."

Castiel rode with them for the next few hours, until he excused himself and popped out of the Impala as they neared the Colorado border. "So, that was Castiel? I expected something more.. masculine. Not a puppy in a trench coat." Carly stated, glancing over at Dean a smile on her face. Surprisingly, Dean smiled and let out a low chuckle.

They kept driving into the early morning hours, until Carly begged Dean to stop for food and sleep: he protested to her suggestion of letting her drive. He found a small motel just outside Lamar and paid for the room, leaving her to wait by the car.

As she waited, another car pulled in the spot next to Impala and two men exited. Immediately, the hair on her neck stood up and she attempted to crouch down into the seat. One of the men laughed as she watched her, his eyes suddenly flicking to black. The other, closest to the Impala, smiled; his eyes also turning black, raised what appeared to be a baseball bat in his hand, ready to swing at her window.

Carly braced herself, throwing her arms over her head, waiting for the blow.

"Hey! Douchebags!"

Carly glanced up from her position and saw Dean, knife in his hand.

"I suggest you put that down. You hurt my baby, or the girl, and you're dead."

The demon lowered the bat and stepped around the Impala, "And who do you think you are? I don't take orders from anyone, except the boss."

Dean nodded, "Well then you're in for a treat.... I'm Dean Winchester, and I know you've heard that name before."

Carly's jaw dropped when the second demon hesitated and vanished, leaving the other up against a Winchester with a baseball bat, "I have heard that name before. Rumor has it you are past your prime, and your brother is enjoying his time in the Box."

Dean snarled and began to charge, when Carly let out a scream. A cold steel blade was pressed against her throat, and a husky British accent played into her right ear, "Come now love. Exit the car, let us go have a chat." The car door opened and she was pushed from the passenger seat out into the parking lot. Dean's face hardened and brought the blade to his hip. The look of terror on Carly's face worried Dean. He knew she was trying to avoid the Demon King at all costs, he wasn't sure why, but he didn't care. She had to be kept safe. The man behind her laughed "Now that's a good little Winchester."

"What do you want Crowley." Dean tensed, keeping his eyes locked with Carly's.

The man laughed, "I need you to do me a favor. Do this one, little favor and I won't take Miss Carly with me. You see, she's very valuable to me." Dean and the man started at each other for a long moment until Dean sighed and pocketed the knife. Carly could hear the smile in Crowley's voice, "Now that's a good boy. I need you to find something for me; maybe enlist the help of your winged friend. You'll know it when you see it."

"I'm not your errand boy, Crowley. Send one of your servants on your scavenger hunt." Dean grunted, rolling his eyes. Carly felt the cold metal press into the side of her neck and a sharp poke as the blade cut into her skin, a small amount of blood lightly ran down her neck.

Dean's hackles raised, "Alright. Alright! We'll keep an eye out for it."

The pressure on Carly's neck lifted, "Thank you. Was that so hard, squirrel? I want it found by next week though, or I come back for her." He pushed Carly towards Dean, who brought her into his arms, cradling her as Crowley disappeared into the night. Dean pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and brought it to her neck, "Are you okay?"

Carly nodded and he lead her to the room, "I've got a kit in the car. We'll get you patched up then we'll get some sleep. Okay?" She nodded again as he escorted her into the room before running to the car.