Uncaged

Corinna

She knew exactly what she was doing, even if she wouldn’t admit it.

It had taken exactly two separate interactions with her neighbor for her to be unable to get him out of her head. Only two. And they weren’t even that great.

She had a habit of getting ahead of herself, her imagination taking over. She was really doing everything she could to try and keep inappropriate thoughts of her recently divorced older neighbor out of her head, but they were almost fruitless. Almost.

And because she was having so much trouble keeping her distance, she made the mistake of inviting Sam over. She called him that evening, hours after giving Patrick that invitation to her parent’s anniversary party. She had talked to her mom the night before, and sure she had been grateful to Patrick for giving her a ride to class, but it had been Corinna’s suggestion to invite him as a thank you. But she wasn’t going to admit that to Patrick.

She was grateful for the distraction when Sam showed up. So grateful in fact that she pulled him in close before he’d hardly gotten through the door, pressing her lips against his, desperate and frantic. She was slightly ashamed for momentarily wishing that it were Patrick here instead, especially because she barely knew him.

She couldn’t put her finger on it, but there was something about Patrick that drew her in. She pulled away from Sam as the intrusive thoughts of her neighbor flared up, breathing heavily.

“Let’s go to my room,” she said, grabbing his hand and leading him up the stairs.

They’d slept together a few times and usually it was Sam who initiated it and Corinna just went along with it because maybe she had been feeling a little lonely at the time. But tonight was different. Tonight was a distraction. Tonight was for her, to feel Sam’s hands on her skin to keep her from thinking of another person’s hands doing the same thing.

Blue eyes instead of brown. Close-cropped blonde hair instead of untidy dark hair.

She threw off her clothes as quickly as she could, Sam hurrying to catch up, reaching out to run a hand down her side, admiring her body. She helped him with his clothes, kissing him hard before pushing him back on the bed.

She moved on top of Sam, trying to enjoy herself, trying to let go.

When her thoughts were distracting her from the moment, she thought she saw movement outside of her window. She realized she’d left the curtain open and a lamp cast a dim light over the room. She’d never really thought about the fact that one of the windows of Patrick’s house looked directly into her bedroom.

Sam’s hands grabbed at her breasts, bringing her back to the moment and she threw her head back, avoiding those blue eyes that weren’t brown.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess things are going to kind of happen kind of quickly, but also at the same time not? We'll see. I really only have vague ideas about this story, but things aren't always going to be as they seem-- or at least, I'm trying to make it be that way. I'm probably not making any sense. Just know I have vague plans.

~Sally