Here One Minute, Gone the Next

It's Cold Here

This bus ride was taking such a toll on me. It was long and extremely boring. We made minimal stops in order to get to Alaska in time. Most of the time I ended up sleeping, but I also managed to get my ass royally handed to me on a silver platter while going against the guys in video games. Honestly, all I want at this point is to go outside and walk for a couple hours, stretch, and breathe in the fresh air. What am I doing instead? Sitting inside a tour bus breathing the stale air while mindlessly staring at a tv screen. Living the life! I was bored to tears and my mind was racing a mile a minute. Everything Kellin had said to me earlier just hit me. Hard. Did he really care that much? I highly doubt it, but hey. I can give him another shot at redemption I suppose. I am also curious as to why being called Steph was such a cringe worthy thing for me. Nobody has ever really called me that, and well... for whatever reason I hate it. I feel like I know why, but I can't completely recall the reasoning. The only thing I can make out was that it relates to when I lived in Ohio.

I am sure the only thing keeping my from dying on this bus trip is remembering that I will get to hang with Pierce The Veil once we are at the venue. There is only an hour left and I am literally itching to bust out of the bus doors. To keep my mind at ease, I decide to get ready for my adventures. It was early morning since we drove through the afternoon and through the night. I have to work the merch tables from noon till 7 tonight, so if I am going to have fun I need to do it soon. I showered and dressed in a heavy oversized hoodie with a beanie and skinny jeans. Alaska is colder than the other places, but it is summer so it is a little warmer than usual. My phone says is will be 64°. Before I know it the bus has stopped. I finally run out of the bus pushing past the guys and dropping to the ground in between busses and caressing it as if the dirt was the most precious jewel ever to be found. In front of me I hear laughing. I was about to stand up and tell the guys off for making fun of me, but it wasn't my guys there in front of me.

I had to look up a slight bit to make eye contact with one of my biggest inspirations ever. Austin Carlile. I was awestruck and did not know what to say. He just smiled and said, "Hey, Stephanie right? I am Austin. But it seems like you know that. So, you aren't fond of long bus trips, huh?"

I stumbled a bit and said, "Umm. N-No. I-I am not a big fan of bus rides. I am a big fan of your band though! So, um how do you know who I am.."

I couldn't make direct eye contact for some reason, but he seemed amused and replied, "Well, between Kellin talking about you and your friend Kristy talking about you a couple nights ago after that party, I have learned lots about you."

I blushed and said, "Oh. Okay. So... nice to meet you. I have to go and meet up with Pierce The Veil now, but I will see you around?"

"Yeah, of course. See you soon. But, hey I am giving you my number because I have a surprise for you sometime soon. Don't over think it though. See you around," he smiled and left before I could reply.

What the actual fuck? I just met the guy, how could he have a surprise for me? It has to do something with what Kristy was talking about I suppose. I will not let it bother me now though. I have a band to meet up with considering I have to be at work in like 3 hours. I text Vic and say:

Me- Hey Vic! Are you guys here yet? I am here, so if you could find me that would be great :p I suck at finding anything at these venues.

Victor- Hey!! Yeah, I will be there in a minute. You will get used to finding everything soon enough :))

Me- Okayy :D see you soon!

I put my phone in my pocket and waited for Vic to come. Suddenly, I felt two hands on my hips spinning me around and then arms engulfing me in a hug. I notice that it is Kellin and he says, "Hey, what are you up to? I was thinking we could go for a walk and get coffee or something."

He smiled at me but I slightly frowned and said, "Sorry Kellin. I made plans to hang out with Vic today. Maybe tomorrow morning?"

Now he frowned and said, "Oh, okay. That's cool. I will steal you after you are done with work though! Don't make any plans, alright?"

I smiled at him and said, "Okay, I promise Kellin. Now don't you have a stage to help set up?"

His eyes lit up and he replied, " Nope! But I do have something I am dying to do!"

He turned and ran to the bus and I heard him yell at the guys, "Who wants to do the cold water challenge with me?" I face palmed and turned away from that direction. I could see Vic walking toward my direction smiling really big and once he got close enough he hugged me. I hugged back and he said, "So, off to my bus!! Mike and Tony have a bone to pick with you."

I laughed at the thought of our nerdy battles with them. I replied, "Oh no, they have it in for them! Lord Of The Rings will remain superior!"

I knew that Vic enjoyed listening to our arguments and I would be sure to give him some entertainment. The walk to his bus was short and was filled with us joking around like we have been friends forever. Vic was just the kind of person that you instantly become friends with because of his open personality. Once in the bus I noticed that nobody was in there. I sat on the couch and Vic searched for the guys in the bunk area and such. He came over to me with a puzzled look on his face and said, "That's odd. They were here when I left. Oh well. Probably just out worshipping the ground." He chuckled and I smiled since I did the same thing when I got here.

We decided to walk around the venue some since the bus ride was so long. We were both feeling a bit restless. Not many of the bands made the trip up here, but we did for some reason. Anybody that did come seemed to be out and about. Vic waved and greeted several people while I shyly hid behind him although I am considerably taller than him. I was able to muster up a weak smile to anyone that came by though. We walked for a solid 2 hours before we arrived back at his bus. I had about 45 minutes until I had to be at work, so that left about a half hour of being with the guys.

Tony, Mike, and Jaime were all talking but stopped when Vic and I entered. They all smiled at me and jumped up to group hug me. Mike told Vic, "Hey, Austin wants to talk to you. He is on his bus right now. That is where we were earlier. Sorry I didn't reply to your texts either. It was kinda important business. Go on over now I suppose. But you Stephanie!! I need to get your opinions straight." I smiled , but felt confused. Were the PTV guys in on whatever Austin was talking about too? Vic looked confused too, but nonetheless went to the Of Mice & Men bus. Tony, Mike, and I were full on arguing when I looked at the time. I had 5 minutes to get to the merch tents. Well fuck. I said my goodbyes and had Jaime escort me to where I was supposed to go. I got to the tent right on time.

I tried to get any information out of Jaime about what Austin is doing, but he would not budge. Damn. SWS goes on at 3:15 and PTV at 4:15, so I will not be able to watch either if them. OM&M are on at 1, so I guess I am not to see anybody today. Since not many bands came, the day was only noon to 7, so I had to work the whole time. We weren't very busy as compared to San Francisco. Dawn kept giving me knowing glances. I have been feeling so suspicious if everyone right now. Whatever Austin was doing was eating away at me. I felt like everyone knew something I didn't, and I hated it. I can't even imagine what it is. He doesn't even know me! It has to be something pretty big since this many people seem to know about it. I mean, seriously though. How much longer until I could figure out what exactly was going on? I have been at work for 5 hours now and I have a food break. Maybe I can get something out of Justin or Kellin since I am eating with them for dinner.

We met up at the food area in the back secluded section. They both looked a little guarded around me and I knew that they know whatever is going on. I was so on edge right now I feel like I could snap. I am not normally blunt, but thus situation has made me get straight to the point. I said, "What the fuck is going on? Austin and Kristy both said there is some surprise going on soon and when I was with Pierce The Veil today they all had to talk to Austin and acted all guarded around me. I know you guys know because you are acting the same way! It is killing me. Please just let me know what is happening. Even Dawn knows something. I know she does. I am not even excited to know what is happening. I am disturbed because I have no idea what is coming. You all could be sadistic bastards who are going to like torture me or something. I can't take it! It could be something good, but after Derrick I can't help but assume the worst. You know what? I have work to do." After that I got up to walk away and wiped my eyes since tears were spilling. Great.

I felt a hand on my arm and I turned around to see a nervous and concerned Kellin looking back at me. Justin matched his look, but gave Kellin a glance and he walked away. Now it was only Kellin and I standing there. He stepped closer to me and wiped the tears from under my eyes. I looked him in the eyes and collapsed into him while we hugged. He held me for a while before speaking up, "Hey, calm down a bit Stephanie. Breathe. Yeah, there is a surprise and a lot of people know it. I don't want you to feel so paranoid about it though. It is a good kind of surprise and you will love it. I promise. We are not out to torture you or anything. I like you a lot and so does everyone else here. Just let the surprise happen. It will be fun, but you have to wait until we get to Houston. Trust in me. If not me, believe Justin. He will tell you the exact same thing."

I would be lying if I said that didn't help. It helped a lot. I felt bad for my little rant and accusing them of hurting me. I know it was crazy, but it was how I felt. I only have an hour left to work so I went back along with Justin because he agreed to sign and such since he wasn't busy. It was nice to have him there giving me reassuring glances. Work ended quickly and I went back to the bus with Justin to prepare for another long drive. This was a 2 day drive to Houston. Joy. Once on the bus I cuddled up to Kellin and we watched Super Troopers. It was hilarious, and it really lightened my mood. Vic texted me a bit through the night as we reminisced about our day. I told him about this one girl in particular that stood out to me. I could gave sworn I saw here somewhere before. Something about her appearance gave me a nostalgic feeling of when I lived in Ohio. Maybe I knew her back then. I just can't get her off my mind. At least the surprise was in the back of my mind instead the front. This girl gave me a look of recognition, but ran away quickly. How strange. I guess I was acting strange all day too though.

We drove for about 5 hours and it was nearing 1 am. See stopped at a small hotel for the night to be comfortable and give us a break from driving. I was so grateful. We had 2 connected rooms each with 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. I slept on the couch in Justin and Kellin's room while Jesse, Jack, and Gabe slept in the other. Although my mind was going a billion miles a minute, I slept soundly. I can't wait until I finally see what everyone has been keeping from me. Kellin seemed excited about it, so I should be too I guess. Believe me, I am looking forward to it.