Here One Minute, Gone the Next

Not a High School Field Trip

My eyes are greeted by dim lighting, which I was thankful for considering I was just waking up from some drug I assume. I felt my arms restrained as one was beneath me and the other was stretched above my head with some weight on my forearm. My vision remains a little sketchy for a while as they adjust to the new surroundings. I notice that I am laying down in a rather small area that seems to be furnished like a home would be. It reminds me of the RV my uncle had when I was a child. But this is much nicer. As I take in my surroundings I notice whatever I am laying on starts to move, so I jolt up remembering what exactly happened who knows how long ago. My eyes scan my surroundings more thoroughly as I meet five sets of eyes glued on me. I feel like a deer in headlights. I instinctively pull my legs to my chest and ball up on the couch. I close my eyes and breathe deeply trying to calm myself down.

I have made 3 conclusions in the little time of consciousness I regained.
1. I am in a tour bus. But not the high school type of tour bus I thought I saw at the mall earlier.
2. I have been out for around 3 hours considering the clock read midnight.
3. My kidnappers just so happen to be my favorite band, Sleeping With Sirens.
I remain in my protective ball until I feel a light hand touch just below my neck. I instinctively flinch away. The hand leaves for a moment then returns rubbing small light circles on my back. Surprisingly enough, it calms me down. I slowly raise my head and look to my right. The person calming me and acted as my pillow only a few moments ago is none other than Kellin Quinn. I am sure my eyes bulges out of my head as I snapped up to stand. Kellin was looking at me with a smile playing on his lips but concern reading in his eyes. Next to him was an empty space I occupied moments before. On the far side of the couch sat Justin Hills. I rotate on my heel turning behind me to see Jack Fowler and Gabe Barham sitting on recliners. Jesse Lawson was at the kitchen dinette snacking on some chips. When I turn back around I see Justin standing. "Hey, I know this may be really fucking confusing to you right now, but we are going to explain. First, you look super disoriented and pale so, sitting down could be fun so you don't pass out again!", Justin said with a smile. I only nodded and sat in the center of the couch being careful not to touch either Kellin or the now seated Justin. Jesse walked over and handed me a bottle of water willing I gratefully took and gulped down.

After I gulped down the water I looked around studying the faces of my heroes. Jesse was picking at his food without interest, Gabe was staring the the floor with no interest and playing with his thumbs, Jack was on his phone smiling every now and then, Justin was impatiently tapping his foot with his eyes scanning the room, and Kellin was staring dead on me and didn't turn away until he realized I noticed his doing so. I relaxed slightly as Justin started to speak again saying, "Okay, to give you some answers we are Sleeping With-" I interrupted saying "Sleeping With Sirens. You are Justin, then there is Gabe, Jack, Jesse, and uhm Kellin...." I pointed at each member while saying their names and faded out once to Kellin because I lost my sudden confidence. "Good. So I do not have to explain as much as I thought. The reason you are here is well... we need someone to work for us on the tour. Well... not FOR us persay... with us? Maybe just help u--" Justin stumbled on his words. He was cut off in his ramblings by Jack who said," We need someone who can work the merch tables at our venues. We usually go to a Hot Topic and hire from there due to their experience. It just so happened that while we were asking for an employee, you were applying. When you said you were desperate for work we thought, why not?" I was letting it all sink in.

On the inside my inner fangirl was going wild, but my logical side was still a little skeptical. After you go through years of abuse and being stowed away from human contact you tend to become guarded. Just as I was about to ask Jesse piped on saying,"Oh, and about the whole drugging you thing... The was not necessarily our plan. The manager of Hot Topic recommended it because she didn't know exactly how you would react and for the dignity of their store, she wanted us to just take you. It didn't seem like you had much to go home to and because you were desperate..." He faded out while scratching the back of his neck. I could feel the confusion on my face. How strange is it for me of all people to be chosen to do this job. Even stranger that I was drugged not by lethal kidnappers, but a store manager scared of losing her store's dignity. I didn't care about that though. What I cared about was what happens next. How will Derrick react? Where will I stay? What if the guys end up not liking me and fire me? My internal questions are put to a stop as I hear the sound of a camera. I blink from the flash and look at a laughing Gabe. "What are you laughing about?", I ask. He says,"this!" And continues to laugh as he shows me a picture on his phone of Kellin and I sitting next to each other wearing the exact same facial expression. Our eyebrows are furrowed with a look of contemplation and are both staring at the ground.

I smile and giggle a little bit and exclaim "God! I look like a piece of shit! May I use the restroom? To clean up a tad? Or if not that's cool... You know what, I am stupid it is okay. I won't bother you gu--" " No that is perfectly fine. No problems. You aren't a bother. Well yet anyways." Justin says with a smile and a hint of sarcasm at the end. I give a weak smile to him and he wiggled his eyebrows at me as I stand up giggling and walk off to a door that Jesse pointed at to be the bathroom. I turned the light on and look in the small mirror. My hair is sticking out of the braid, my eyeliner is smudged, and my clothes look wrinkled and worn. I sigh as I take out my braid and run my fingers through my now wavy hair. I run my index finger under my eyes to remove the excess make up and pull at my shirt to straighten it out. I then go to take off my bracelets so I can wash my hands. I have a fetish with being clean. My bracelets aren't there. Did I even put them on? Nope. Wow. So this whole time my numerous bruises from Derrick and scars from myself have been exposed. My cheeks heated as I blushed from embarrassment. I remember when I was waking up my arms were restricted so maybe they were covered up and nobody saw my scars. That is it... I next felt the bus come to a stop. Which brings up another question. Where in fuck's sake am I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so I hope anyone that reads this enjoys it. It is my first story. I try to make the chapters on the long side because I enjoy long chapters as opposed to short ones. I will also update as often as possible :)))) to get a few things straight... it is FICTION so not everything will be 100% accurate although I will try to make it that way. Like, Kellin is not married in this and Jesse is still in the group because I love Jesse. <3 ALSO! Bands do not go to hot topic and hire people to be their merch workers. I wish they would, but they do not. So before you all go to apply there, remember. Fiction. That is all :) I love my babes. Thank you to anyone who reads my shitty story. There will be a minimal amount of author's notes I swear. Happy reading :)