The Waltz

The Waltz *One-Shot*

Why did I come out here in the first place? It is a boring old campground filled with nothing but old people and bugs. My parents decided that it was a low-key enough of a place to put our camper at. I liked it at first, but now I am only bored to the point of tears when I come out here. At the moment I am alone in this hell hole. I have to do some physical activities over the summer so I do not have to take physical education in school. There are tennis courts, a golf course, a pool, a pond, and a recreation center that I can use to get my hours in at the campground. So, here I am. The only problem is that I hate having to do the stuff to get a credit. I am fine to do it with my own freewill, but no. Not for a required thing. That is not how I roll. My friend is supposed to do it with me, but she decided it was best to do it separately so we actually accomplish things. So I remain here alone walking around in the campground that has a secret wooded path and a total of 5 roads to venture about. Literally nobody is here except me. Me and the campground cat. Mokus. I hate cats, but this one is pretty chill believe it or not. I feed him lunch meat every now and again because otherwise it will go bad. I am a vegetarian, so I won't need it anytime soon.

Although it is only Mokus and myself here, I can't help but get the feeling if somebody watching me. Well, I know somebody has been for the past 5 days. Whoever it is must be super careless or clumsy because I always here stumbling, rustling, and voices behind me in close proximity. At first I was really creeped out by it. It has been 5 days though and nothing has happened. I have some ideas as to who it may be. The campers are usually the same year round here. However just a couple weeks ago 2 large RV style campers pulled in. Nobody has seen exactly who pulled in, but they are 3 spots from my camper. I think that they could be who are watching me, but I am not even 100% sure they are here. But I stick with my theory that that is who is following me. I don't care much though, because I need some kind of excitement in my life. I have just made it back to my camper with Mokus at my heels. I go inside to get Mokus some turkey and turn on my Of Mice & Men playlist. Nobody is around, so why not enjoy Austin Carlile screaming?

I am wearing my hair in a messy side braid with a Pierce The Veil beanie, my arms are covered in many band bracelets from Hot Topic to represent my love of bands, possibly attract other band goers, and cover my scars. I have on denim shorts that aren't too short in order to cover scars there too. I have a cut up Muse tank top on with another tank under it. My nails are painted black with silver sparkles over top. I have on old grey vans and a Pierce The Veil anklet on my right ankle. I take a moment to appreciate my outfit and my make up job. I have black eyeliner and brown eye shadow to compliment my blue-green eyes. To me my eyes are my best quality looks wise. I am 6'1 and am too thin because I don't like eating. It is kind of disgusting to me. I have had friends say my eyes are the same color as Kellin Quinn's eyes. I smile slightly to myself as I walk back out of my music blaring camper to feed Mokus. I wonder at times why I even bother with band merch at this place. Nobody comes around, let alone someone young and attractive. I am 19. I have done my first 2 years of college courses through post secondary in high school. I am going to San Diego in a couple months to continue college for graphic design screw staying in Ohio. I never did my physical education credit for high school though, so that is what I am here to get finished.

My school is odd and does not hold the graduation ceremony until 2 weeks before the next school year starts. I have that long to complete my 60 hours. I never got my credit while in high school in fear of being tormented by other students more than I already am. I look like I could be athletic, but I am not in the least bit. I am super artsy. As I sit under the canopy contemplating my life, I am interrupted by an extreme rustling in the trees about 30 feet from me. I wear an unamused look on my face as I cross my arms staring at the spot the sound came from. Mokus jumps up to the picnic table to rub against my shoulder as I stare. I decided I have had enough of this shit. I am going to find out who is messing with me! I dart up and angrily storm off to the trees. I stop about 8 feet from the edge of the trees and throw my arms in the air exclaiming, " Look! You suck at whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. I know you have been following me for like 5 days now. I am just tired of it, so if you could please reveal yourself now, I would appreciate it. If you wanted to kill me or something I am sure you would have already done it by now. I am having a campfire at my camp site in like 5 hours, so if you want to stop by then, go ahead. Until you man up, I don't need your shit. Thanks for the consideration assholes." With that, I turned around to go back to my camper. I am not that confident usually, so I went into my camper, slammed the door shut, and took a nap. For like 4 hours. I woke up to silence as my playlist ended long ago. I might as well start up that fire in case the creep comes by.

I gather a tray containing marshmallows, Graham crackers, chocolate, regular hotdogs, vegetarian hotdogs, and all the condiments. I open my door and almost drop the tray. My jaw hit the ground as I saw my campsite elaborately decorated with paper lanterns, tiki lights, a campfire going, and lots of little furnishings. I even see a couple guitars by the bench next to the fire! What in the actual fuck? I slowly make my way to a side table by the fire and set my tray down. I study my surroundings and it can only have came from my creeper. There is a small note folded on the table. I open it to find semi sloppy, but still legible, handwriting asking me to take a seat for they would be back soon. The note used the word "we". There is more than one!?!?! I cautiously take a seat and wait about 5 minutes until I hear about 5 sets of footsteps approaching. Something tells me to run. But, something else demands me to stay. So I stay. I start to turn around until I feel a set of strong hands on my shoulders. I freeze. A voice says," Wait. Close your eyes for a minute. When I say open them, do it please? I promise we will not do anything harmful to you." This voice sounds so familiar to me from somewhere. I close my eyes and nod my head in acceptance. I cannot get over that voice! It is kind of high, but still masculine and it has a touch of rasp to it. Where have I heard it... My thoughts get interrupted once again by someone tripping over a bench nearby. I can't help but giggle slightly. Yep, these are definitely my stalkers. I hear the voice once again saying," Okay, you can open them now!" I can practically hear a smile in his voice and a tinge of nervousness.

I open my eyes and feel my jaw drop to the ground. No, it smashes through the ground and is somewhere in freaking China now. Right next to me in none other than Victor Fuentes A.K.A the familiar voice. To his right is Kellin Quinn. To my left is Austin Carlile. To his left is Christofer Drew. Straight in front of me is Jaime Preciado. Wow. I expected a lot of things, but this is not one of them. Just woah. I keep blinking and have a creepy smile on my face. These are my heroes. Should I wake up yet? Nope. Never. Kellin waves his hand in front of my face as I snap into reality. I don't even have words right now. Jaime sneakily grabbed a marshmallow and started roasting it. And you would think like putting it on a stick over the fire, but no. He holds it in front of his face and says," Look at you! Thinking you are all cool being squishy and shit. You are nothing but a lump of soft sugar! A lot of people don't even like you! You disgust me!" And with that he popped it in his mouth and ate it. The group was laughing at Jaime's stupidity. I look over at Austin who I noticed was looking at me, studying. "Excuse me!" , He says, " I see lots of Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens on you! But just the single Of Mice & Men bracelet! I am hurt!" He pretended to stab a knife through his heart as I laugh. I lean to give him a loose hug and say," Don't worry Austin!! I still love you!"

As we laugh, Kellin and Vic also grab marshmallows and roast them the traditional non-Jaime way. I excuse myself to go in my camper to grab a drink. Once I am inside collapse on the couch with a sigh and ask,"Is this even really happening?" I was not expecting a response when Christofer replies saying," Better believe it darling. The last time I checked, I am fairly real." "Why me? I mean there are plenty of other places that aren't Ohio. There are plenty of girls better than me to follow. Why are you even all here at once? That is really unlikely. Wow. I am insane!", I ramble on until I just give up and sigh. Christofer sits down next to me with his arm over my shoulder and says," Ohio is pretty low profile most of the time. And we all agreed last Warped Tour that we wanted a nice vacation to get away from fame. So, we came here. We did not expect a fan to be here though. It seemed to be mainly older people. We got to thinking about how fans follow us, and we wanted to try this for ourselves. So who better to follow then you?" , he explained with a smile. I nodded and we talked for another 10 minutes or so like we have known each other for years. Well, I HAVE known him for years, but it was one sided. He only just now met me.

Once back outside I saw Vic playing guitar and Kellin singing. Austin and Jaime were horsing around with some water guns and I just sat on a chair enjoying the view. This is definitely something out of a fantasy. Daylight turned to darkness as time passed. I talked to each member like we were best friends for years. I told them how they have helped me over the years, and Kellin took me aside and hugged me for the longest time once my bracelets fell a bit to show my scars. We both cried a little as he gave words of encouragement to me. I promised to never do it again. I intend on keeping this promise. He had to go face time Katelynne, Rowan, Liam, and Copeland, and I was able to see them! I have obsessed over Copeland since she was born. She is adorable. And Kate is the prettiest girl in the world. I told Kellin if he screws things up with her, I will hunt him down and cut off his dick. He went off to his bus to finish his face-timing and Christofer went to the other bus to work on a song that these surroundings inspired. I was left with Vic, Austin, and Jaime. Jaime at one point threw me over his shoulder and ran around saying he was going to kidnap me from my awesomeness. I was laughing uncontrollably the whole time. He tripped and fell, and I landed on top of him. " Oh, so you are the clumsy one who gave yourselves away!!", I accused. He laughed and said,"Yeah, pretty much. But Vic and Kellin talked every 5 seconds because of their little bromance!" Vic jumped up like a cat and yelled," Take it back!" As he noogied Jaime's head.

While they were having a brotherly fight, Austin took my hand and lead me off to the trees. He looked at me and said," You fascinate me! You are talking and awkward like me! I love your sense of humor and you seem like a real sweet person. You also have a great music taste! We should like never lose contact because I like you, gal." I smiled at this and secretly hoped this would escalate into something more with time. We embraced and we talked aimlessly for a little bit. Jaime came over and picked me up again and told me he was going back to the same bus as Kellin to get some shut eye. He has had a long day of stalking I suppose! Austin agreed and went back to Christofer's bus that they shared for the time being. It was only Vic and I right now, and I loved it. It has always been a dream of mine to be best friends with Vic. When I sat down he came over next to me and smiled.

There was a comfortable silence for a while as we watched the crackling logs before us. He broke the silence saying,"I know you and Kell talked about your scars already, but I am just reinforcing what I suppose he already said. Darling, you are too good of a person to do that to yourself. We all love you, the cat loves you even if you don't really like it, your family has to love you to let you stay out here, and we will all be there for you no matter what. I see you as a little sister already, and I have known you for not long. Like at all. If there are any problems then come to me anytime. I have really became a fan of yours lately." I let a couple tears fall. Hey, if your biggest inspiration just told you that, you would do the same. He hugged me comfortably for a while and starting singing Hold On Till May, followed by Stay Away From My Friends, then Bulletproof Love. It was perfect. So perfect, I fell asleep in his arms. I have never been more content in my life. When I woke up the next morning, I was so happy. I ran outside to see a cleaned up camp site. And 2 empty spots where there used to be busses. That is a cruel dream. Fuck my mind. Ugh. I trudged back to my camper and saw a paper pinned to my door. It had 5 phone numbers on it for each guy that was there last night. So I wasn't dreaming! A smile played on my lips as I read Vic's note saying:

Hey! We all loved your company, but we have to go back home on short notice :( on the bright side, your parents came by this morning to check on you, and with lots of persuading, you are allowed to go on this year's Warped Tour with us to sell merch and help us around the venues! :D It is your decision of course, but yeah. Text us later and let us know! Pack your bags and be ready by 4 if you are coming along. Hope to see you soon! Signed, Vic, Austin, Kellin, Christofer, and Jaime.

Looks like I'm going to Warped Tour. And I am not getting My physical education credit. ;)