One Night Stand

one/ten.

‘The crowd is insane here tonight!’ my best friend, Dina cheers tilting her head back with her drink. ‘So many hot guys.’

I finish my fourth shot of the night and toss the glass aside. The music inside of Funky Buddha was loud and upbeat. My heart pounded to the rhythm of the Britney Spears song. Dina wraps her arms around my neck moving her hips to the beat of the song. I join in with a slurred laugh as I grip her by the waist. It wasn’t long before two drunken guys got behind each of us. I turn in Dina’s arms to dance with the guy who grinded behind me.

‘I’m Ryan.’ He shouts over the music, ‘what’s your name?’

‘I’m Adara.’ I call out of over the dance song that I couldn’t quite process anymore.

‘Are you single?’

‘Yeah, you?’

‘My girlfriend dumped me yesterday so my pal took me out for drinks and I met you.’ He nods his head awkwardly as he presses the glass bottle to his lips.

‘I’ll be right back.’ I excuse myself heading over to the bartender. ‘Can I get another drink?’

‘There you are. Take it easy.’

‘Thanks.’ I tilt the drink back and slam the empty glass onto the counter.

A lean, dark-haired guy was leaning against the bar with his glass in between his hands. His leather jacket sleeves were pushed up to his elbows so I could see the ink that rested on his pale skin. Dark specks of stubble were sprinkled on his perfect jawline. From the way his head hung I knew he was just as wasted as I was.

‘Do you like what you see?’ he questions catching me off guard.

‘That depends on who I’m looking at.’ I laugh tugging on the tight skirt.

‘I’m Zayn, and you?’

‘Adara.’

‘What a name. What does it mean?’

‘A couple of different things.’ I answer moving a bit closer to him once he turns in his chair. ‘It could mean fire, virgin, and beautiful. My parents went with it for the beautiful definition.’

‘Well the name suits you.’ He nods his head with a devilish grin. ‘So, you had to escape from that square, yeah?’ he nods his head to Ryan, who had already moved on to the next girl.

‘He’s not a square.’ I defend with a small giggle, ‘wait a second – how did you know I was with him?’

‘What?’ he turns away from me pulling his pink lip between his teeth.

‘You were watching me.’ I point out amused by this stranger, ‘weren’t you?’

‘Maybe.’ He shrugs, ‘or maybe you just so happened to be dancing over there when I looked over.’

‘Whatever you say.’

‘So,’ he stands to his feet running a hand through his jet-black hair, ‘would you like to dance with someone who isn’t a complete bore?’

‘Just a complete creeper?’

‘Wow, I’ve met a proper smartass.’ He grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me out onto the crowded floor.

I turn around in front of him where my back is to him where he guides my hips to the music. I move back to press myself against his body just as he pulls me into him.

‘Shit.’ He mutters under his breath with a low laugh, ‘tell me about you.’

‘I’m 20. I have sister, older. Student. Plus I work at a clothing store. That’s it. You?’

’22. I have a few sisters and I work at this music shop not too far from here while I finish up uni.’ His words fall over one another as he speaks. ‘Are you hot?’

‘Not really but I’m not a leather jacket.’

‘Right.’ He pulls the jacket from his arms revealing his arraignment over tattoos over his arms.

‘Nice.’ I turn around to examine all of the swirls of ink on his arms.

‘You like em?’ his dark eyes blink down at me with curiosity.

‘How many do you have?’

‘Hell – too many to remember actually.’

‘Do you have a favorite?’

‘Probably this right here.’ He turns his arm where I was able to see the snake that rested on his shoulder.

‘Did they hurt?’

‘A bit at first I guess but I’m used to it.’

‘I think they’re great.’

‘Thanks. Any tattoos or piercings?’

‘Just these.’ I turn to the side where he could see my cartilage piercing and the three holes that rested throughout my ear.

His large hands cupped my waist pulling me closer to him once again. The material of his shirt smelt like a mixture of alcohol, cigarettes, and laundry detergent. The combination of smells was captivating; I couldn’t get enough of it.

‘Why are you looking at me like that?’

‘Like what?’ I demand moving back to study his face.

‘You’re looking at me the same way I’m looking at you.’

‘What would that be?’

‘That you want to kiss me as much as I want to kiss you.’ He says running his tongue across his bottom lip, ‘I’m going to get another drink and I’ll be right back.’

‘What?’ I hear myself whine and I hated it.

‘I will be right, right back. Stay right there.’

‘Fine.’

‘Don’t pout.’ He laughs, ‘we’ll continue this when I get another drink.’

I watch as Zayn makes his way over to the bar with his jacket slung over his shoulders. He goes right up the bar and leans against it nodding his head with the bartender. He glances back at me with a drunken smile as the man hands him a beer.

‘Care for a drink?’ an odd voice cackles from behind.

‘No thanks.’

‘Are you sure? I mean you look thirsty.’ He urges with a shot glass in his hand, ‘I’ll buy – no charge.’

‘I’m actually waiting for someone right now.’ I glance around looking for Zayn, ‘he was just here.’

‘Well looks like he’s missing out.’ he laughs, ‘come on let’s get a drink.’

‘No.’ I roll my eyes suddenly annoyed.

‘Slut.’ He scoffs under his breath and begins to turn away.

‘Hey.’ Zayn growls suddenly appearing by my side, ‘watch your mouth.’

‘And who the hell are you?’

‘None of your god damn business. Like I said, watch your mouth before I make you watch it.’ Zayn challenges the man.

‘Are you threatening me?’

‘Nah, it’s not a threat. It’s a promise.’ Zayn says before throwing his fist out and punching the drunk guy right onto his ass. ‘Just consider this your warning.’

People who were dancing around slowly came to a stop to stare at the scene taking place. I look at the man who stares angrily at Zayn from the floor.

‘Do you want to get out of here?’ Zayn asks directing his full attention to me.

‘Sure.’ The word drops from my mouth before my brain could process the question, ‘just need to tell my friend.’

Dina was dancing with the same guy that approached us before when I finally found her.

‘Hey, I’m leaving.’

‘With who?’

‘This guy, Zayn.’

‘Are you sure?’

‘Yeah, I’ll text you tomorrow.’

‘Alright, be careful.’ She calls after me as I scurry to Zayn’s side.

‘I live a few blocks down.’ Zayn informs me as he pushes the door open.

The warm breeze immediately greets me as I step onto the wet pavement. Zayn’s boots make a funny clicking sound as he walked towards the abandoned sidewalk. I slowly walk behind him admiring the toned muscles that rested under his white tee shirt.

‘Thanks for what you did back there.’

‘No need.’ He pulls a cigarette from the box and places it between his lips.

He cups his hands as he walks attempting to block the wind from his flame. He finally gets his cigarette lit and sighs with relief.

‘You smoke?’ he turns in his steps and nearly falls over.

I burst out into a fit of giggles coming to a stop to pull the heels from my feet. Zayn looks back at me trying to hold back the oncoming smile on his face.

‘You almost fell straight on your ass.’

‘Shut up.’ He complains with a playful grin.

‘I don’t smoke by the way.’

‘You just get hammered.’

‘Not all the time.’

‘Good to know.’

The walk to the apartment complex wasn’t too long and literally just a few blocks away. I follow him up a set of steel stairs and wait as he unlocks the apartment door.

‘I need to pee.’

‘How classy.’ He barks out a laugh closing the door behind him, ‘It’s right down the hall.’

When I come back from the bathroom Zayn is sitting on the sofa with his head pointed towards the ceiling. In the light, he was even more gorgeous and perfect in every single way. I quietly sit beside him glancing up at the boring white ceiling.

‘Interested?’

‘No, actually. I was waiting for you.’

‘Why?’

‘Because.’ He says glancing over at me before smashing his lips to mine.

The kiss was rushed, rough, and sloppy but I wanted more. I straddled myself onto his lap running my hands through his smooth, crow-like hair. A few minutes later he lifts me into the air and walks down the dark and narrow hallway. Before we made it to the bed, his shirt and my bra were on the floor.

‘I never do this.’ I promise briefly breaking the kiss, ‘the whole one-night stand thing. I’m not sure how any of this works.’

‘Sssh.’ He coos carefully lying me down.

‘I don’t do this.’ I hear myself repeat as I yank his belt from its loops.

‘Do you want to?’ he pulls away to look into my eyes.

His dark eyes were tinted with red and his hair was a messy, mostly my doing yet he was still so attractive. My fingers run across the ink on his chest and stomach area. I unbuckle his pants looking directly into his eyes to answer the question. Zayn gives my skirt a quick tug before tossing it across the room. One by one all of our clothing gathered onto the floor before we were wrapped up in one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello! so i've had this idea in my head for awhile now and i decided that it was time to share it. this is going to be a short story (it'll be a short ten chapters) featuring bad boy Zayn who i'm sure we all love. anyway, i hope you like it.

if you do be sure to comment, recommend the story to your friends, and subscribe. thanks! have a great day (: