One Night Stand

two/ten.

The next morning I wake up in an unfamiliar room wrapped in unfamiliar sheets. I grab the blanket and get up from the bed then scurry to the bathroom. I spent about ten minutes hugging the toilet in front of me.

‘Oh my God.’ I sigh getting the energy to stand to my feet, ‘what did I do last night?’

‘Me.’ a voice laughs behind me causing me to jump. ‘I believe you did me.’

I turn around to see Zayn standing there shirtless with a cup of steaming coffee in his palms. The only thing he wore was a pair of black briefs showing off all of the ink across his skin. His black hair was sprawled all over his head making him look cute.

‘You’re very funny.’ I glare at him wrapping the blanket around myself tighter.

‘Are you naked under there?’ he smirks bringing the glass mug to his pink lips.

‘Excuse me.’ I slightly brush past him walking to the bedroom to retrieve my clothes. ‘I really don’t do this.’ I say grabbing all of my stuff into my arms. ‘The whole one night stand thing.’

‘Believe me, I know – you kept telling me all night long.’

‘Oh, well I better get going.’

‘I’ll leave you to get dressed.’ He says closing the bedroom door behind him.

I scramble to put my clothes on and find my heels. When I came to the living room Zayn was sitting on the sofa with a cigarette between his lips. He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a green flannel with a pair of Doc Martens.

‘That was quick.’ Zayn comments as I walk over to the front door, ‘I could give you a ride.’

‘Yes please.’ I pull my phone from the small clutch and follow Zayn outside.

‘That’s me right there.’ He points to a blacked-out jeep and presses the button on his keys.

‘Nice car.’

‘Thanks. I’m shit at directions so you’re going to have to help me out a bit.’

‘I will.’

‘For a girl who’s hung over, spitting in my toilet, you don’t look so bad.’ Zayn compliments looking over at me.

‘Ghee, thanks?’

‘No problem.’ He laughs in return pulling out of the apartment complex.

‘I’m not sure how this whole thing works.’ I explain after a moment of silence. ‘Do I chip in on gas?’

‘No, no, no no, no. If you pay me then that’s like you’re paying me for what happened last night and I’m not a male prostitute or whatever they call them.’ Zayn stares at me with an amused expression, ‘I’m just fine on gas. Filled her up yesterday.’

‘So what do I do?’

‘You do nothing.’ He laughs, ‘don’t worry about it.’

‘It’s called a gigolo.’

‘A what?’

‘A male prostitute, people call them gigolos.’

‘Thanks for the word of the day.’ He stares out the large windshield in front of him.

‘Can I ask you something?’

‘What do you have to ask me?’ he asks back looking over at me for only a second.

‘How many girls have you taken home after they wake up in your bed?’

‘Isn’t that a bit personal.’

‘Yeah, it is. Sorry I asked.’ I feel my cheeks grow warm.

‘But if you really want to know – more than I would like to admit.’

‘Oh.’

‘What?’

‘Nothing.’

‘That’s never good.’

The rest of the car ride was extremely awkward and uncomfortable.

‘Nice place. Do you stay with your parents?’

‘No, I have a roommate.’ I reply opening the door, ‘bye.’

‘I had fun.’

‘Me too.’
‘Alright, bye Adara.’ Zayn concludes just as I close the door.

I nearly rush into the house and slam the door behind me. My roommate Ryan sat with her boyfriend on the sofa. Both of them appeared startled by my outburst.

‘Sorry.’ I mutter dropping my purse beside them.

‘Do you want to talk about it?’ Ryan asks beginning to sit up on the sofa.

‘Not right now, hey Todd.’

‘Hey A.’ he waves taking his eyes from the TV.

‘I’m going to shower.’

‘Alright, I’ll be in to check on you in a minute.’ She calls back as I walk down the hallway.

I go inside my bedroom and strip from my clothes. Right next to my room was the bathroom that connected the two of our rooms together. I literally smelled of the walk of shame. I step into the shower and turned on the hot water. I stood there as it ran down my body comfortingly. Zayn’s captivating eyes swam through my mind as well as his scruffy face and his many tattoos.

‘It was just a stupid one night stand. It didn’t mean anything.’ I tell myself. ‘He does it all the time. You aren’t any different than the other wasted girls he lays in his bed. You weren’t the first and you definitely won’t be his last.’

‘Fucking Zayn.’ I growl turning off the water after ten minutes.

I get dressed in a pair of night shorts and an old faded big tee shirt. I sit on the bed exhausted as I pull out my phone to call Dina.

‘You slept with him?!’ she asks loudly into the phone.

‘Dina, I already feel bad about it all so I really don’t need the judgmental tone of voice.

‘I’m not being judgmental. I’m just really surprised that’s all. I mean the only person you’ve ever slept with was Cody and you dated him for three years before that even happened.’

‘I know.’ I sigh frustrated, ‘I know.’

‘Was it good?’

‘What?’

‘Was it- he good?’

‘Dina…’ I laugh after a moment of silence. ‘He was incredible. I was really missing out with Cody.’

‘I need details!’

‘I am not giving you details.’

‘Aw come on!’

‘No!’

‘Adara – can I come in?’ Ryan knocks on the other side of the door.

‘Hang on, D.’ I say putting my phone aside, ‘it’s open!’

Ryan comes in and sits down on my bed beside me. Her long legs were extended to the chair across from the bed.

‘How’s it going?’

‘I’m fine.’ I shrug, ‘hung over but fine.’

‘I just wanted to make sure that you were okay.’

‘Yeah it’s just been a long morning but I can assure you that everything is great.’

‘Wanna tell me where you were last night?’

‘Sleeping with the biggest mistake of my life.’

‘Ouch. I hope he was hot.’

‘He is. That’s the worst part about it.’

‘Well maybe this is for the best, you know? Sometimes guys make great mistakes but terrible boyfriends.’

‘True.’

‘Now I’m going over Todd’s with him. I won’t be back until tomorrow morning. Don’t have too much fun without me.’

‘Never.’

For the rest of the night I laid on the sofa watching old episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I ended up dozing off on the sofa a bit before midnight. In the wee hours of the morning there was someone knocking on the door.

‘Ryan, I thought you weren’t coming back until the morn-…’ I stop myself short when I see Zayn standing there in a pair of jeans and a ripped band tee shirt. ‘What are you doing here?’ I lean against the doorway curiously.

‘I never do this.’ he admits before smashing his soft lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter two of ten! i hope you guys are enjoying where this short story so far and where it's headed. if you liked this chapter be sure to comment, subscribe, and recommend it! have a great day (: