One Night Stand

three/ten.

‘Do what?’ I question pulling Zayn’s band tee shirt over his head in the same moment that he pulls me up into his arms.

‘This.’ he mutters soppily against my lips, ‘I wasn’t supposed to come back to you.’ Zayn says as I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

I push the door open to my bedroom and we fall onto the bed together. His large hands travel up and down my body as he pulls each article of clothing from my skin. I unbuckle his belt and yank it through the loops. He smiles down at me with dark eyes as he presses his lips to mine again.

‘Why did you come back then?’

‘I couldn’t help it.’ He answers pulling back briefly, ‘I can’t stop thinking about you. I can’t stop thinking about your touch or your lips.’

So again, Zayn and I were wrapped up within one another. Hours later I fall beside him restlessly and out of breath. His fingers run carelessly through my hair while he stares at the ceiling. His chest raises then falls, then raises and falls again. Zayn’s hairy legs brush against mine underneath the cool sheets of my bed.

‘I was sort of mad at you.’ I admit quietly looking up at the ceiling fan.

‘Mad at me?’ he turns to look down at me, ‘how come?’

‘Because you seemed to be so great at this one night stand thing. It seemed so easy for you to drop me off and drive away.’ I explain, ‘I’m sorry, I sound whiny.’

‘You don’t,’ he says after awhile, ‘and it wasn’t easy for me either. I drove by this place three times before I finally caved in. I wanted you back.’

‘When?’

‘As soon as you left my apartment.’ He answers leaving a kiss on my forehead.

‘You should’ve came by.’ I punch his arm lightly.

‘I did, didn’t I?’ he laughs holding his arm. ‘What time is it?’

‘Eight in the morning.’

‘I’ve been here all night.’ He breathes running a hand through his dark hair.

‘So we’ve spent two nights together.’ I point out.

‘I’m not used to this.’

‘Does that scare you?’

‘A little bit.’ Zayn mutters as he kicks his bare legs around the side of the bed.

‘Oh my God,’ I laugh looking at his back, ‘I’m so sorry.’

‘What?’ he asks turning around to look at me.

‘This.’ I touch the long scratches on his back causing him to wince.

‘Shit, you did a number on me.’

‘You did a number on me.’ I repeat bashfully falling back into the sheets. ‘Do you want some breakfast?’

‘I should probably get back.’

‘Oh.’ I frown folding my arms across my hidden bare chest.

‘Don’t pout.’ Zayn tells me just like he did in the club, ‘I have work this morning…’

‘Okay.’

‘We’ll talk later?’ he wonders after he pulled all of his clothes back on.

‘Alright Zayn.’

‘Bye Adara.’ He kisses my lips once more before jogging out to his jeep.

Once he was down the street I realized that I didn’t have his number and he didn’t have mine. I couldn’t remember which was the way to his apartment. I spent half the car ride shifting awkwardly in my seat and the other shielding my face from the sun because of the killer hangover. I spend my day prepping myself for the upcoming semester and lounging on the sofa watching Gossip Girl.

‘I’m home!’ Ryan announces, ‘with food.’

‘Nice outfit.’ I tease as Ryan scurries in dressed in a large shirt and a pair of boxers.

‘Yeah, they’re Todd’s.’ she laughs flopping down, ‘Panda Express.’

‘Oh thank you.’ I grab the Styrofoam package from her and place it on my lap, ‘I’ve been craving this for so long.’

‘I had a feeling,’ she says kicking her feet up onto the coffee table, ‘what did you do today?’

‘This… Exactly what I’m doing right now.’ I gesture to the sofa.

‘Have you heard from your late night over?’ Ryan inquires devouring her food.

‘Maybe.’

‘You did, didn’t you?!’ she squeals happily, ‘did you go to his place?’

‘No… I did not go to his place.’

‘Wait, did he come here?’

‘Shut up.’ I laugh shaking my head.

‘Did you two, you know, again?’

‘I am not doing this with you…’ I cover my face hiding the on growing smile.

‘You did!’ she bursts out into a fit of laughter, ‘when was he here?’

‘Around three in the morning?’ I shrug eating the steaming hot food in front of me.

‘When did he leave?’

‘A little after eight.’

‘What are you his little booty call?’ she scoffs suddenly annoyed, ‘why would he come over and stay for a few hours then bail?’

‘He had work..’

‘He could’ve called in just once.’

‘We don’t really even know each other.’ I say suddenly feeling guilty.

Had I actually graduated from Zayn’s reckless one night stand to his back up booty call?

‘I’m sorry… you know that I have to look after you.’ Ryan pats my shoulder, ‘don’t worry about it.’

‘Okay.’



‘How about my place tonight?’ Zayn pulls away breathless with eager eyes. ‘Since your roommate is in.’

Zayn was over again a little after midnight. We stumbled in the dark living room and fell onto the sofa. I pull the lamp switch beside the coffee table to look at his face. Apparently he came straight from work but for some reason his lips and tongue were laced with alcohol. He leaves my lips and starts an assault on my neck nibbling at my skin with his teeth.

‘Not today Zayn.’ I sigh rolling from under him to sit down.

‘What’s the matter?’ he asks running his hand up and down my thigh, ‘did something happen today?’

‘No nothing happen,’ I move his hand, ‘it’s you.’

‘What’s me?’ he asks appearing a bit hurt.

‘I’m not going to be someone that you just see in the middle of night when you’re feeling excited.’ I explain quietly.

‘You’re not, honest.’ He breathes out leaning back on the sofa.

‘This doesn’t feel right Zayn.’

‘What can I do to make it right?’

‘Come see me during the day and not on the inside of a bedroom.’

‘Adara…’ he starts running a hand through his black hair.

‘Goodnight Zayn.’

I watch as he stands to his feet and silently walks out of the front door and to his jeep.