One Night Stand

four/ten.

Zayn had left about a week ago and I started to think he was never coming back.

‘Are you ready for some hot drunk guys?!’ Dina asks killing the engine.

We were parked outside of the same club I met Zayn. I nod and follow her towards the entrance. The usual bouncer checks our IDs before letting us inside.

‘You love this song!’ Dina shouts pulling me onto the dance floor, ‘come on!’

Dina and I move to the beat of the song in unison. She drops to the floor and pulls herself up seductively. I toss my hair over my shoulder smiling at the guy nearby. It wasn’t long before he and a friend made their way over. They were good looking but they could never compare to Zayn.

‘I’m just gonna go get a drink.’ I call walking away from the new stranger.

As I’m walking to the bar something familiar catches my eye. That leather jacket. The owner had jet-black hair that I knew all too well. Zayn.

‘Adara…’ he says before I had the chance to hide.

‘Zayn,’ I nod awkwardly, ‘hi.’

‘Hey, are you here alone?’

‘No, I’m with my friend. Dina.’ I point to Dina in the middle of the dance floor, all eyes on her. ‘Are you?’

‘Yeah,’ he extends his tattooed arm out to me, ‘dance with me.’

‘One dance.’

‘One dance.’ Zayn repeats with a devilish grin.

His hand grazes my body giving me a sense of relief. I feel like I’ve been wandering in the desert for the last seven days and I just had my first sip of water. I use my fingers to play with his smooth black hair.

‘You shave.’ I smile poking his bare cheek.

‘Yeah.’ He nods with the smallest smile, ‘like it?’

‘It makes you younger but I do miss your scruff…’

‘Or do you way my beard felt against your thighs.’ He whispers raising an eyebrow.

‘Shut up!’ I slap a hand over his mouth, ‘how long until it comes back?’

‘It’ll take a few days actually.’

‘Well it suits you.’

‘Sorry.’ Zayn speaks as he runs a hand through my hair and pulls me close to him.

‘For what?’

‘This.’ he replies smashing his lips against mine.

One of his hands was placed at the lowest part of my back while the other lifted my chin. I push myself closer to him using his shoulders to support myself.

‘Can we get out of here?’ I say with a lack of judgment

‘God please.’ Zayn groans grabbing my hands, ‘I’ll tell your friend.’

‘What?’

‘Just hang on.’

‘Zayn…’

‘Hello, I’m Zayn,’ he introduces himself as the DJ shouts in the microphone, ‘I’m taking your beautiful friend to my place with me tonight.’

‘Okay…’ Dina eyes me with a smile.

‘Nice meeting you.’ Zayn kisses my hands, ‘she’s in good hands.’

‘Good meeting you too!’ she laughs as I’m pulled to the exit.

‘She seemed nice.’ He grins, ‘think she’d be interested in joining us?’

‘In your dreams.’ I laugh pushing him towards the brick wall and continue to walk.

‘Know the way to your place, yeh?’ his hands were on my hips within seconds.

‘My place?’

‘My place is yours.’ He murmurs against my ear lobe, ‘including my bed.’

‘It seems so far away. I might not make it.’

‘I could lie you right here in the middle of the street. However, I’m afraid that’s illegal and my bed is definitely more comfortable.’

‘Hurry up.’

‘Alright. Alright. Keep you pants on – or not.’

The second Zayn’s door opens I was in his arms.

‘Eager, are we?’ he taunts kicking the door closed with his black boot.

‘Shut up.’ I kiss his lips as he carries me through the apartment, ‘how’d you get that scar?’ I run my thumb across a space of bumpy, rough skin on his stomach.

The first time I was too drunk to process what was going on let alone what scars his body had. The second time he was in too much of a rush for me to notice.

‘My old man,’ he answers keeping his eyes on me, ‘he had a drinking problem.’

‘I’m sorry Zayn.’ I frown looking at the permanent scar.

‘Don’t be – it was ages ago.’ He cups my face kissing me softly.

Tonight was different in the best way possible. The other two times were incredible – don’t get me wrong. This go around something about Zayn was different. I loved every second of it.



The next morning I wake up Zayn up with a soft kiss. His long eyelashes flutter at my touch. He smiles tiredly using an arm to grip my waist.

‘Do you work today?’ he inquires resting his head on mine.

‘No, I don’t go back until tomorrow.’

‘How about you and I go get some breakfast this morning?’ he suggests catching me by surprise, ‘what do you say?’

‘Yes.’ I smile happily tracing the tattoos on his chest.

His bedroom door swings open and a girl walks in. I pull the sheets to cover the rest of my body from the stranger. She stands there with her mouth open before finally scurrying out of the room.

‘You are unbelievable!’ I scoff as I roll out of the bed. I pull all of my clothes from the floor then rush across the hall leaving Zayn in bed.